Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    And in coming forward with the acknowledgement that Bristol Palin is 5 months pregnant now, McCain had to say that he already knew of it during the vetting process.
    Yes, he did have to say he already knew. But that doesn't mean he didn't already know. Didn't McCain have a meeting of some sort with Palin about 5 months ago? Did he meet the rest of her family? Maybe we're missing a connection here.
    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      TuTu, here is where subterfuge comes into play. Were one lie necessitates a bigger lie, and on we go.

My theory is that Bristol is NOT pregnant at this time. But they had to concoct this story that she is 5 months pregnant to cover for the fact that the baby, Trig, was born 4 months ago....ergo, Bristol cannot possibly be the mother. Now, if Sarah says Bristol is pregnant now, then based on the families purported Christian ethics she must marry the father, a boy by the name of Levi whose last name and age are unknown. I believe that Levi is the father of Trig but for whatever reason they did not want to get married. Now that this story has come out, they are being required to get married, perhaps against their will, in order to save Sarah Palin's career.

I saw Bristol over the weekend on TV. She didn't look 5 months pregnant to me. But what do I know? When both my daughters were born, Mrs. Mui Houma looked as big as a barn at 5 months.

The cynic in me believes that Bristol will suffer a "miscarriage" within the next couple of weeks and the medical records will be sealed, so no way to check the veracity of the pregnancy. So the presumption is that Bristol cannot be the mother of Trig, but there is no longer a pregnancy to verify that. Now the GOP and Palin's family will blame the "mean old media" for causing so much stress to Bristol that she suffered a miscarriage. It's a win-win situation for the GOP if they can pull off this deception. Later, should Bristol and Levi, separate (which stands to good reason they will) then again it can be blamed on the media.

I can't believe how they are abusing these two teenagers, Bristol and Levi, in the national spotlight. Sarah Palin said she knew her daughter was "pregnant" before she accepted the nomination. Why is she doing this to her daughter? No mother should be this cruel.

Sarah Palin, her husband, John McCain, and the GOP strategists are wacko.......and I'm a registered Republican!
      Someone will find out her OB and put them through the ringer to find out why s/he would tell a geriatric pregnant woman (you are considered a geriatric mother after the age of 38...I had my youngest at 40) with her waters broke, that it was fine and dandy to haul her dripping behind all over the country. The amniotic sack doesn't just dam itself up, infection is extremely high with that protective barrier breeched.

The only thing I can think of is it was a cover for the daughter's pregnancy...or it was something far worse and more cold blooded than using the teens situation to further her political career.

She was trying to 'lose' the baby accidentally on purpose....to not have a downs baby, yet not have to say she had an abortion.

Comment

That is a critical question Sarah Palin needs to answer.
        But would you, hypothetically speaking, when you know you have the talent to serve the community or nation politically?
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
          Didn't McCain have a meeting of some sort with Palin about 5 months ago? Did he meet the rest of her family? Maybe we're missing a connection here.
          McCain met with Sarah Palin for the first and only time about 10 days ago.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
            Someone will find out her OB and put them through the ringer to find out why s/he would tell a geriatric pregnant woman .
            Her OB is a woman and their relationship goes way back. In the 1980's Palin , as Mayor of Wasilla, named her OB "Physician of the Year." As Governor, Palin named her OB to a Statewide Medical committee.

I don't think we can expect her OB to be completely objective at this time.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Umm....yeah, prolly not.

Comment

it was something far worse and more cold blooded than using the teens situation to further her political career. She was trying to 'lose' the baby accidentally on purpose....to not have a downs baby, yet not have to say she had an abortion.
                Wow! That’s a frightening thought. And I thought I was a cynic. What disturbs me the most, is I can’t think of any facts that disprove that theory.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

The cynic in me believes that Bristol will suffer a "miscarriage" within the next couple of weeks and the medical records will be sealed, so no way to check the veracity of the pregnancy.
                  If that plot is executed and is uncovered, then whatever sympathy Sarah Palin is getting now will quickly evaporate. I personally don't think it will happen. But if it does, then I'll say it right here and now. Only a selfish, self-centered monster would have their child take part in such a deception.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Whether or not McCain knew about Bristol's pregnancy and/or the rumors about the identity of Trig's mother, he is taking heat for not revealing it upfront if he did know. There are rumblings that if he did know, he should have told his supporters so they would not be blindsided by it and if he didn't know then he will be criticized for his choice to vet Palin himself and apparently not follow the usual vetting process (people are already saying that if he had followed the usual vetting process, no one would have been surprised by either of the type of pregnancy rumors or the abuse of power claims).

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Wow! That’s a frightening thought. And I thought I was a cynic. What disturbs me the most, is I can’t think of any facts that disprove that theory.

It's the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the labor trip.

Ok the second, the first was her doc was an idiot for not telling her to stay put. Then it was the thought, she's had kids before, even if the doc gave her bad advise SHE should have known better...the kid had issues already why would you want to compound em by running around all kinds of icky places with the final protective barrier ruptured and with what's now going to be a premature kidlet as well?

Comment

[...]
                        I saw Bristol over the weekend on TV. She didn't look 5 months pregnant to me. But what do I know? When both my daughters were born, Mrs. Mui Houma looked as big as a barn at 5 months.[...]
                        As a point of reference, I noted Natalie Morales in my post #124. She definitely didn't look pregnant at the 5 month mark. And...neither did I. I was still wearing regular clothes! That said, I barely got my bait back! Both my kids weighed in at 5 1/2 lbs! Yet, other women, such as Mrs. Mui Houma, have a completely different experience.

I had CNN on most of the day today and saw repeated footage of the day Gov. Palin was introduced as McCain's VP choice. Her family was standing behind her; Bristol holding baby Trig. I paid specific attention to that footage. The front of Bristol was fairly obscured by an unfolded baby blanket, hanging from her shoulder to her thighs, and held in place by Trig. The blanket did seem to somewhat hide a "bump" but, knowing what to look for, it didn't hide it enough. It was good enough for a first impression, tho'. I don't know about todays customs but in the "good ol' days", if a baby was held in the upright, head on shoulder position, a cloth diaper (or the equivalent) was placed over the shoulder.

My heart goes out to Bristol. Yes, she made the first mistake but she doesn't deserve the national worldwide attention she's now receiving.

Comment

It's the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the labor trip.

Ok the second, the first was her doc was an idiot for not telling her to stay put. Then it was the thought, she's had kids before, even if the doc gave her bad advise SHE should have known better...the kid had issues already why would you want to compound em by running around all kinds of icky places with the final protective barrier ruptured and with what's now going to be a premature kidlet as well?
                          Must admit, your first thought didn't enter my mind. But your 2nd thought did! <high 5!>

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Must admit, your first thought didn't enter my mind. But your 2nd thought did! <high 5!>
                            Kinda like the 800lbs gorilla in the room. You want to ignore it but the danged thing just keeps picking at your brain.

5 1/2 pounders? You lucky you! My youngest was over 10 pounds and a month late.

Comment

Someone will find out her OB and put them through the ringer to find out why s/he would tell a geriatric pregnant woman (you are considered a geriatric mother after the age of 38...I had my youngest at 40) with her waters broke, that it was fine and dandy to haul her dripping behind all over the country. The amniotic sack doesn't just dam itself up, infection is extremely high with that protective barrier breeched.
                              It's interesting. Conservative pundits who have taken the Daily Kos to task for the article speculating on who Trig Palin's mother really is have discredited the article based on inaccurate dating of one of the family pictures in question. But that's it. They just focus on that one picture and when it was taken. And as far as they're concerned, case closed.

Not so fast, sez my inquiring mind. To me, the strangest part of this whole affair weren't any of the photos, inconclusive as they were. It was the series of bizarre decisions that Sarah Palin made on the day before Trig was born that raised red flags:

1) In the first place, deciding to travel all the way to Texas to attend the governors conference while being 8 months pregnant and supposedly aware that her unborn child had a defect which could possibly lead to birthing complications.

2) Having her water break while at the conference, but deciding to go through with a 30 minute speech anyway. And this, with a baby who is about to be born about a month premature???

3) Having completed her oh so important speech, does she make a beeline for the nearest hospital in Dallas so as to safely give birth to her premature child? No, she goes to the airport to take an 8 hour flight back to Alaska. And a commercial flight, at that!

4) Failing to tell anyone on the Alaska Airline staff/crew that her water broke and she was about to give birth.

5) The plane makes a pitstop in Seattle. There are good, modern hospitals in Seattle. Sarah Palin stays put in her seat.

6) After finally landing in Alaska, does she make a beeline for the nearest hospital in Anchorage? No, she makes a 45 minute trek to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center where at 6 am on April 18, Trig was born.

As I said in an earlier post, if Palin had made 1 or 2 of these these kinds of wierd decisions, I could dismiss it as mere eccentricities on the mother's part. But all six? What was she trying to prove? How does it make any sense? Can any conservative talking-head or blogger provide a satisfactory explanation to any of it?

Another oddity: The Mat-Su Regional Medical Center website features an online record of babies born there. For some reason, Trig Palin is absent from the record of babies born on the day of April 18, 2008.

http://www.matsuregional.com/nursery...ar=2008&day=18
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I don't think you can go by the online birth announcement. Seems like it would be an opt-in or out type of thing and not a requirement...like a news paper announcement, you can make one or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X