Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    I don't think you can go by the online birth announcement. Seems like it would be an opt-in or out type of thing and not a requirement...like a news paper announcement, you can make one or not.
    Which is why I didn't say it proved anything. I just called it an oddity.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Conservative pundits ... have discredited the article based on inaccurate dating of one of the family pictures ... And as far as they're concerned, case closed.

Not so fast, sez my inquiring mind. To me, the strangest part of this whole affair weren't any of the photos, inconclusive as they were. It was the series of bizarre decisions that Sarah Palin made on the day before Trig was born that raised red flags:

1) In the first place, deciding to travel all the way to Texas to attend the governors conference while being 8 months pregnant and supposedly aware that her unborn child had a defect which could possibly lead to birthing complications.

2) Having her water break while at the conference, but deciding to go through with a 30 minute speech anyway. And this, with a baby who is about to be born about a month premature???

3) Having completed her oh so important speech, does she make a beeline for the nearest hospital in Dallas so as to safely give birth to her premature child? No, she goes to the airport to take an 8 hour flight back to Alaska. And a commercial flight, at that!

4) Failing to tell anyone on the Alaska Airline staff/crew that her water broke and she was about to give birth.

5) The plane makes a pitstop in Seattle. There are good, modern hospitals in Seattle. Sarah Palin stays put in her seat.

6) After finally landing in Alaska, does she make a beeline for the nearest hospital in Anchorage? No, she makes a 45 minute trek to Mat-Su Regional Medical Center where at 6 am on April 18, Trig was born.

As I said in an earlier post, if Palin had made 1 or 2 of these these kinds of wierd decisions, I could dismiss it as mere eccentricities on the mother's part. But all six? What was she trying to prove? How does it make any sense? Can any conservative talking-head or blogger provide a satisfactory explanation to any of it?

Another oddity: The Mat-Su Regional Medical Center website features an online record of babies born there. For some reason, Trig Palin is absent from the record of babies born on the day of April 18, 2008.

http://www.matsuregional.com/nursery...ar=2008&day=18
      I want to thank you for doing your homework on this. Like I told Spin Dr., some of us are asking these questions because we want the truth. Many who post here on HT only wish to make excuses for the side that they are on. We won’t name any names. But seriously, when you look at the facts, you have to conclude Sen. McCain’s vetting of Sarah Palin, or lack thereof, is a serious blunder on his part, and one that any reasonable human being capable of critical thinking has to consider an error in judgement that calls in to question McCain’s ability to lead (regardless of his political philosophy).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
        5 1/2 pounders? You lucky you! My youngest was over 10 pounds and a month late.
        Matapule was over 5 1/2 KILOS and right on time!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Mudflats blog; an Alaska based investigatory blog focused on Palin

Ugh. I should have posted this in the Palin thread. Move, please?

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Matapule was over 5 1/2 KILOS and right on time!
            C-section? Natural? or "Gimmie drugs NOW!!!"?

My girls are 15 and 11 and just went back to school today.

Comment

Palin's decision to fly back to Alaska to give birth:

Judgment vs. Experience.

(BTW, I was born in Alaska myself. Great place. Way better than Texas.)
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Listening to hear how El Rushbutt hangs a happy face on this.

He's spittin'...

Oh..., the drive by media are dispicable! Her story has no holes.

Sarah Palin wouldn't place the burdon on her 17 yr. old doughter of being responsible for her Mother's lost chance at VP.

Fake right-wing blogs slamming Palin.

How long before Biden has to be replaced?

Barak did blow! Was he selling?

Jeremiah Wright!
                Last edited by Ron Whitfield; September 2, 2008, 10:04 AM.
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                  Palin's decision to fly back to Alaska to give birth:

Judgment vs. Experience.

(BTW, I was born in Alaska myself. Great place. Way better than Texas.)
                  Great place to give birth?
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Lee
                    Didn't McCain have a meeting of some sort with Palin about 5 months ago? Did he meet the rest of her family? Maybe we're missing a connection here.
                    Originally posted by matapule View Post
                    McCain met with Sarah Palin for the first and only time about 10 days ago.
                    No. "Their first encounter was last February at the National Governors Association meeting in Washington. Sarah Palin was one of several governors who met privately with Sen. John McCain, ..."
                    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...083002377.html
                    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                      No. "Their first encounter was last February at the National Governors Association meeting in Washington. Sarah Palin was one of several governors who met privately with Sen. John McCain, ..."
                      An "encounter" is definitely not a "meeting." An "encounter" could be passing each other in a hallway, or even a basic "meet and greet" introduction like the one last February. But it clearly was not a deep and meaningful meeting. The article you quote even says it was no more than 15 minutes long.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

In cumulative time how much actual face to face, talking to each other in a meaningful way (as opposed to the random Hi how are ya...good job yer doin ...back me on this plan X from outerspace dealie k?), do you think they had say a week prior to the VP announcement?

Comment

www.truthout.org/article/disclosures-palin-raise-questions-vetting-process
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            An "encounter" is definitely not a "meeting."
                            The sentence I quoted goes on to say she "met privately" with McCain. You must have seen that. That would make it a meeting, wouldn't it? So I really don't understand the point of your observation.
                            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                              The sentence I quoted goes on to say she "met privately" with McCain. You must have seen that. That would make it a meeting, wouldn't it? So I really don't understand the point of your observation.
                              Re-read your own link, brah. "15 minutes" was how long it lasted. That is my point.
                              Not one major significant decision was ever reached in a measly 15 minutes.
                              At least, none that weren't regretted later.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                Re-read your own link, brah. "15 minutes" was how long it lasted. That is my point.
                                Not one major significant decision was ever reached in a measly 15 minutes.
                                At least, none that weren't regretted later.
                                The length of the meeting is irrelevant to what I said. Whether there were significant decisions reached is irrelevant to what I said. matapule had said "McCain met with Sarah Palin for the first and only time about 10 days ago" and I pointed out that this is incorrect. A 15 minute meeting is a meeting, and one took place over 10 days ago. It was a minor mistake of little consequence, but nonetheless a mistake.
                                Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X