Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Republican National Convention 2008

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    He wasted no time in commenting on the Democratic Convention, launching the thread the day it began.

He posted three days ago that he would comment "soon."

He has posted since then, in other threads.

He'll speak up when he's good and ready, I trust, and when circumstances in his life permit. I look forward to reading what he has to say - and I am quite comfortable pointing out how he has treated the two threads in a most dissimilar fashion, as well as noting what that implies.
    I clearly don't pay the same attention to TK's posting time stamps as you. I mentioned it only because your post stuck out as almost needy on your part. As if TK doesn't come around enough to spar these points.

And he doesn't need an apologist, so you may stand down.
    *blink blink*

apologist?

WTF?

brazen stare

I. May. Stand. Down?

*erases a heavily-detailed paragraph at how out of line that comment is, deciding instead to walk away with two strong birds aiming high in the air*

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      *erases a heavily-detailed paragraph at how out of line that comment is, deciding instead to walk away with two strong birds aiming high in the air*
      Fine. Just as long as you cease telling me how to behave/post/discuss topics with others on the board.

This is the third time, in recent memory, that you have publicly told me that you feel my requests for additional information from others is pushing too hard, or out-of-line, or (today's term) "needy." I find it inconsiderate and a little out-of-character for the on-board relationship I thought we had, and I would appreciate it if you didn't do it any longer.

With all due respect to you and your strong birds.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Check out this article about the use of Heart's "Barracuda":
        Now that the RNC has wrapped-up, this issue is probably moot.

Even if the McCain/Palin ticket plans to continue using Barracuda during the rest of the campaign and they have the legal right to do so, it probably wouldn't be wise for them to push it. Right now, the Wilson sisters are merely not supporting McCain/Palin. But if the GOP persists in using the song, Heart may start actively campaigning against them. Whether it be anti-McCain messages spread in concert performances or maybe,.... in a new music video, it would probably end up being a no-win situation for the Republicans.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Phew....finally got some time to contemplate, assimilate, verify, organize, and, otherwise, respond and comment, to the AMERICAN National Convention.

Did not watch Reps as much as Dems. Work, ya know, and all that.

Palin is not just a surprise, but plays well to a GOP that reminds you of the Grinch, right when Cindy Lou Hoo warms his heart, and he suddenly becomes this benevolent, lovable, furry uncle. And as I said, poor Hillary is like the classic stepsister/evil stepmother/ugly duckling....the brunt of the fairy tale in nearly every way. Walt Disney could not have written it better. Guarantee Dems, in general, are seething at the thought that Republicans win again, from a "historical first" point of view. Slavery, Suffrage, first woman in congress, Cold War, and now a smart, hot chick on the big ticket.

Palin prolly has more skeletons in the closet than the Pet Sematary. Ever live in a small town? I mean, like, 7000 small. No secrets in Kona either. But she spoke eloquently, and is clearly not a dumb beauty pageant contestant. And give Levi 1 bonus point for being a stand up guy(father) under national spotlights. How about the 2nd Man? Seems like a regular, hard workin, good daddy, to me. Alaska is a good proving ground because it is big, right?

McCain clearly has a resume that speaks loudly of service at the least, and very high qualifications in certain parts, but certainly not economically. If ever a man had been 'groomed' his entire life to lead a nation, McCain has prolly met that criteria. His mom is real old, and it seems to me he has his wits about him way more than Reagan did at the end.

Maybe McCain and Biden would make a great pair. Why doesn't the real talent rise to the top.....Powell, Lieberman, Rice, Gore, Richardson, the list goes on and on and on, and does not include Bush, Kerry, Obama, Palin, Pelosi, Romney, or Rove.

Now that us "Real 'Merkans' " have had our soiree, I betchayall are nervous as a cat in a rest home.

Prediction.......McCain by a surprisingly large margin....perhaps 10% or more.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Where else can an Alaskan pit bull
            put on lipstick and grow up to be
            a vice presidential candidate?

Is this a great country or wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Fine. Just as long as you cease telling me how to behave/post/discuss topics with others on the board.

This is the third time, in recent memory, that you have publicly told me that you feel my requests for additional information from others is pushing too hard, or out-of-line, or (today's term) "needy." I find it inconsiderate and a little out-of-character for the on-board relationship I thought we had, and I would appreciate it if you didn't do it any longer.

With all due respect to you and your strong birds.
              Clearly you are determined not only to get a fight, but think the worst of me. Three times in recent memory...really, within how many years are these infractions, anyway? (I can only think of one other time that you and I were in disagreement, which had to do with a zealous newbie, but who am I to outshine you in trifle recollections?)

As for this thread, that the only thing I 'told you to do' was
              "give the man a chance"
              and it was you who insulted me first. Noticing your presumptuousness had nothing to do with your calling out TK, but the manner in which you were trying to bait him by judging his silence, as if any of us knows which threads another is prepared to respond. That, mon ami, is clear presumption, but my tone with you was soft. You call me inconsiderate, yet you know full well that I argue with TK probably more than anyone else on this board, furthermore I am on your side when it comes to political perspective. I believe in being fair, call them when I see it, and I am not one to avoid busting pus with anyone, loved ones included (yeah, I mean you). I thought that is how we liberals roll. So what the *hell* is your problem??

Get your grudge out with me already, because I am not changing. If I see you be a putz again, I am going to say it. I trust in our friendship that we can overcome it.

Seriously though, if this is the closest thing I get to an apology out of you, the birds still stand.

========
              as for context, the only reason I had said anything in the first place is that this thread was seriously rocking&rolling, and I was digging it immensely. Yours was the first veer (in my opinion) into getting personal mode, and I really wished it wouldn't do that/go there. I mention this because it has become some self-fufilled prophecy and I am clearly playing my part.

I apologize to you, Leo for my collective behavior in your recent memory that resulted in your low opinion of me. I soberly acknowledge the likelihood that I will probably do it again. I don't want to be hurtful, but I am of no intention in changing how I communicate. Take or leave me as I am.
              Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; September 6, 2008, 09:36 PM.

pax

Comment

Boy, you gotta hand it to Tim Kona. He's the only person on HT who can start arguments by posting and not posting.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Gads!!!

I finally figured out why the combo of McCaine and Palin has been scratching at the back of my brain.....

They're 'toons!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cotton_Hill

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                    Where else can an Alaskan pit bull
                    put on lipstick and grow up to be
                    a vice presidential candidate?

Is this a great country or wat?
                    No, it is a country that has lost its focus, its values, and its goals. No, we are no longer the great country that we once were. We are a country that has grown soft at the belly, where mediocrity is celebrated. We are motivated by the clever sound bite, the humorous and sarcastic rejoinder. We no longer understand what morality is, where "winning" is more important than morality. We are evolving into a country of extremism in every splintered political philosophy, where compromise is considered defeat. We consider changing a strongly held view in light of new information as weakness and lack of commitment. We have lost our social conscience. We are viewed by the people out side our country as fat, lazy, stupid, and obnoxious and who are self-centered and not very astute.

I call on our troops who are being sent to Iraq to rise up and say, "hell no, I won't go!" It has been done before, it can be done again, at great personal cost to some of us. To acquiecse, is to support. We are what we condone.

It's unfortunate my fellow Americans, but we are working our way toward a very abrupt wake up call. Have I given up? No. It just makes me motivated to work harder than ever to make things better, to get us back on track. Rise up!

American hero once? Yes, but now a confused old man willing to sacrifice his ideals for personal glory.

Pit bull and barracuda my burro! What I see is an extremist racist and fascist. Yes, only in America today can you put lipstick on an extremist and be a vice presidential candidate. Unfortunately she represents too many people in the USA today. Shame.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• When was John McCain ever an American hero?

He followed orders to bomb Viet Nam in a BS 'war', got shot down and captured as a POW, cracked under torture and did their bidding, then supports Bush's BS war, and still does. But say's he hates war, sure...

Not a hero in my book, nor a good American.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: When was John McCain ever an American hero?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Not a hero in my book, nor a good American.
                        Well, the truth be known, I agree with you. The true hero's, the true Americans in the Viet Nam era were the ones who refused to serve, even to the point of sacrificing their own futures.

I just felt my rant was strident enough that I didn't need to beat that horse too.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• I knew you probably did...

...on all counts, but I just couldn't restrain myself.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            Boy, you gotta hand it to Tim Kona. He's the only person on HT who can start arguments by posting and not posting.
                            Thanks, Tim, for giving your assessments.

As for arguments between Pua`i Mana`o and myself --- I have great respect for her and am appreciative of all the insight and knowledge she has shared with me. Everything else is manini pilikia.

Comment

*goes and sits next to Leo and gives him a friendly poke in the ribs, then a peck on the cheek*

I'm sorry for offending you.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                                *goes and sits next to Leo and gives him a friendly poke in the ribs, then a peck on the cheek*

I'm sorry for offending you.
                                Ewww, you two. Get a room

Comment

Working...
                                X