X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Bush Doctrine.....Bush Doctrine.....let's see.....it's.....aaaa......Bush Doctrine.....well I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Does that woman, Ms Palin, use her brain for anything other than to keep her ears apart?
    What I found astounding is, even after Charlie Gibson explained to Palin what the Bush Doctrine is, she still didn’t seem to understand what he was asking.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
      LikaNui: I get nuffin when I click your spoiler.
      Me neither...
      I apologize for being so snarky this morning. My bad.
      Please. Be as snarky as you like.

Today's "Get Fuzzy"

Comment

This is what John McCain said about National Security and experience in October, 2007. That's just one year ago.

"I have had a strong and a long relationship on national security, I've been involved in every national crisis that this nation has faced since Beirut, I understand the issues, I understand and appreciate the enormity of the challenge we face from radical Islamic extremism. I am prepared. I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time."

Huh? What about Palin then?
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Odd about the spoiler. I'll try it again.
          After seeing Part Two of the interview my scorecard shows...

Charlie -- 2.5
          Sarah -- 0

Whatcha think?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I was horrified to watch her interview on Nightline last night!! This woman has some 'extremist' views about radical extremist muslims. And some 'extremist' views about 'God's plan" - her God's plan, I assume? Great. Sarah Palin says 'screw you' to every other religion in this world every chance she gets! Freedom of religion? Separation of church and State? Foreign words to her. Just as foreign to her as other countries, or differing opinions. And no clue as to what foreign relations are all about, much less what the Bush Doctrine is about. Heck, if another country's leader disagreed with her "God Plan", what's she gonna do? Fire them? Bomb them? Whatever it takes to get her way? I'm not surprised, I mean, she just got her first US passport in the past year, and bases her so-called world experience on running the most isolated, homogenous state in America.

This woman's thoughts run about as deep as my toilet.

Hilarious link to the South Carolina thingy, Kelly!!!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

All I've heard of her interview so far was the immense gaff of 'the Bush Doctrine' in a news review, where an NPR pundit (Mara) actually say's she didn't blow anything.

Sarah blew it so bad on this point alone, it showing her to be baseless, except for the hardest right base, shallow, and hollow.
              She lost the battle right there.
              The only legitimate arguement that can be made anywhere near her favor is that she is SO far into the forest that she see's no trees.

I can't wait to hear the rest of this facist facade's first encounter with the camera minus a net.

That sound you hear...? The Rovian spin machine in turbine overdrive!
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                That sound you hear...? The Rovian spin machine in turbine overdrive!
                Remember how "stupid" people thought Dubya was? If Rove & Co. could get him elected, and re-elected, Gov. Palin won't be a problem.

Comment

Sarah Palin speaks about her "International Experience" with Russia:

"Pressed about what insights into recent Russian actions she gained by living in Alaska, Palin told Gibson, "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Not that she has ever been to that island.

This woman, Ms Palin, is insulting to the intelligence Americans of every level. I am embarrassed in front of the rest of the world.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Sarah Palin speaks about her "International Experience" with Russia:

"Pressed about what insights into recent Russian actions she gained by living in Alaska, Palin told Gibson, "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
                    It shows how insightful and incredibly astute Palin is. From miles away, and seeing only the grey outline of a land mass on the horizon, Palin is able to figure out a foreign country's stance in world politics.

Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I find that beyond amazing! That woman should work for the CIA. It would save us billions in spy satellite technology. Just put Sarah Palin on a rowboat a hundred miles offshore some foreign country and she'll sort out the intricacies of international relations with them.

Comment

I notice HT members are beginning to post little snippets of Charles Gibson’s exclusive interview with Governor Palin on ABC News, so in the interest of fairness and context, I am posting the entire interview here:

Sept. 11

Part 1
                      (20/20)

Part 2 (20/20)

Part 3
                      (Nightline)

Sept. 12

Part 1 (20/20)

Part 2 (20/20)

Part 3 (20/20)

Part 4 (20/20)

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

I'm not going to look for it, but in the Gibson interview on the question of her travels, didn't Palin say that she will never forget visiting the troops in Iraq?

eta: Ah, my bad. I did look and she said she'd never forget visiting the troops in Kuwait. Her aides apparently said she visited troops in Iraq.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

"(CNN) – Sarah Palin did not visit troops in Iraq, a spokesperson for the Republican VP nominee confirmed Saturday, as new details emerged about the extent of the Alaska governor’s foreign travel..."
                        Last edited by Adri; September 13, 2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Remember how "stupid" people thought Dubya was? If Rove & Co. could get him elected, and re-elected, Gov. Palin won't be a problem.
                          Letterman remarked that he didn't think it would be a problem to govern if Palin came to be president, since George W. had lowered the bar so much.
                          Greg

Comment

Palin never visited troops in Iraq:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...raq/index.html

Comment

• Yet another indication of how "well-versed" Gov. Palin is when it comes to foreign policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaeda plan the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a view once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself.

Opps. I guess no one from the McCain campaign had the opportunity to proofread the speech Palin was planning to give. Shows how incredibly inept she is with international matters when she's not reading off a prepared script written by one of McCain's foreign policy advisers.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                The idea that the Iraqi government under Saddam Hussein helped al-Qaeda plan the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, a view once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself.
                                And what is scary is that, apparently, a majority of people in the US still believe it!

Palin is doing a good job of appealing to the lowest common denominator of the US electorate.

McCain and Palin are people to be feared.

Comment

Working...
                                X