This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Can you tell if she has a "bubble butt" from her swimsuit pictures?
    Do you believe in magic?

Comment

It appears there's an SNL skit tonight featuring "Palin" and "Couric". It was uploaded to YouTube approx. 45 min. ago and has already been removed for copyright infringement!

Can't wait!

Comment

I honestly think that Joe Biden will do alright during the debate on Thursday. Palin only got a passport last year, so foreign policy may not be her thing.

I think it's funny how last week she made the rounds to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Joe Biden sits on the foreign relations committee. He will eat her alive during the debates. My only worry is if he goes at her with "kid gloves" because she's a woman and doesn't want to be perceived as being a bully. That would cost him.

The hardest part will be preparation, because she's an unknown quantity. All we really know about her is:

1. She was a small town mayor.
        2. She's only been govenor of Alaska for 2 years.
        3. She apparently has some control issues, because there is a bi-partisan investigation going on in Alaska.
        4. She has a son going to Iraq and a 4 month old son with special needs.
        5. She named some of her 5 kids after hunting activities. The son in Iraq is named Track, and she has another named Trap.

Other than that, I don't know much else about her.

the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that a person, man or woman, who has a 4 month old kid, is going to have a parent most likely too busy to deal with their children because of the demands of the second-most-powerful job in the world. Nonetheless having the youngest one have special needs and be only 4 months old.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
          [...] The son in Iraq is named Track, and she has another named Trap.

Other than that, I don't know much else about her. [...]
          The baby's name is Trig. Maybe #6 will be named Trap! If she keeps on goin' then this thread might help her out!
          And a coupla more facts...
          Palin will become a grandmother in a few months.
          She was either 1st or 2nd runner-up in the Miss Alaska contest in the 1980s.
          She briefly attended HPU. There's some discrepency as to whether or not she attended UH-Hilo.
          And...drum roll, please...she can see Russia from her kitchen window!
          How much more qualified can one be?!

Personally I don't feel Biden needs to enter the ring with his dukes up OR don kid gloves. All he needs to do is stay factual. He should be able to bury Palin with knowledge. She'll be her own worst enemy.

Comment

Palin only got a passport last year, so foreign policy may not be her thing.
            Congratulations! You've won the award for the HT understatement of the year.

Joe Biden sits on the foreign relations committee. He will eat her alive during the debates. My only worry is if he goes at her with "kid gloves" because she's a woman and doesn't want to be perceived as being a bully. That would cost him.
            Seriously, Biden doesn't have to call her out in the debate. As is painfully obvious in all of her interviews thus far, Palin is her own worst enemy. Now, if she was improving with each interview, McCain's camp might have some hope that she will get through the debate all right. But the fact of the matter is, she's getting worse. I've heard someone compare her meandering responses to Katie Couric's questions as sounding like the answers that a jr. high student would give for an essay question exam that he/she did not study for. It was that bad.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

In addition to the "Couric" interview, there will also be a debate spoof on SNL tonight. Those writers were into some serious overtime!

Comment

I just saw the spoof of the Couric interview.

What makes it so funny is that it's so close to the actual interview. The SNL writers had to push it just a little to make it all work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Those writers were into some serious overtime!
                  Haha yeah, but you just know they're loving their job at the moment. Must have been a lot of laughs in their war room.
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                    I just saw the spoof of the Couric interview.

What makes it so funny is that it's so close to the actual interview. The SNL writers had to push it just a little to make it all work just fine.
                    Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                    Haha yeah, but you just know they're loving their job at the moment. Must have been a lot of laughs in their war room.
                    OMG...the interview was so funny! What an absolutely glorious time to be a comedy writer!

I didn't find the debate nearly as funny. There was an Obama impersonator on Leno's show a couple of months ago who just nailed it and more closely resembled Obama. SNL needs that guy!

Comment

SNL almost makes me want to vote Republican for 4 more years of awesome funnies.

"Katie, I'd like to use one of my life lines..."

Comment

Palin Contradicts McCain On Pakistan, Seems To Back Obama’s Position

Comment

Comment

• Palin's connection to Hawai'i

Sarah Palin attended 5 colleges over a 6 year period. After graduating from high school, the first college she attended was Hawai'i Pacific in the Fall, 1982. Read about her higher education here.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Looks like Palin has more trouble coming from her actions in the great white north.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Alaska law forbids state officials from using state resources to advocate on ballot initiatives.

Then, six days before the Aug. 26 vote, with the race looking close, Palin broke her silence. Asked about the initiative at a news conference, she invoked "personal privilege" to give an opinion. "Let me take my governor's hat off for just a minute here and tell you, personally, Prop. 4 -- I vote no on that," she said. "I have all the confidence in the world that [the Department of Environmental Conservation] and our [Department of Natural Resources] have great, very stringent regulations and policies already in place. We're going to make sure that mines operate only safely, soundly."

Palin's comments rocked the contest. Within a day, the pro-mining coalition fighting the referendum had placed full-page ads with a picture of the governor and the word "NO." The initiative went down to defeat, with 57 percent of voters rejecting it.
                              ad_icon

Three days later, Palin was named Republican Sen. John McCain's running mate, throwing Alaska into a media frenzy. But the fallout has lingered from an episode that may stand as one of the most consequential in Palin's 21-month tenure. The state ethics panel is examining whether her comments violated the law against state advocacy on ballot measures; it had already ruled that a state Web site was improperly slanted toward mining interests.
                              "She says, 'I'm going to take off my governor's hat,' but the only reason the press was there was that they were called to a press conference by the governor," he said. "Being governor is not a costume -- you either are the governor or not."

Comment

John McCain should drop out because he is dragging the Sarah Palin Campaign down.

Comment

Working...
                                X