This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

For the record, I'd be against secession, especially if the revolutionaries are espousing the virtues of one race over another.

Is it possible to support one candidate or another without necessarily agreeing with every single position they take? Extremes are the hallmark of partisan politics.

Proud RepubliCRAT here.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      Is it possible to support one candidate or another without necessarily agreeing with every single position they take? Extremes are the hallmark of partisan politics.
      Of course, it's possible. But then again, it is also not unheard of for someone to vote or not vote for a candidate based on a single issue to which support/opposition is an absolutely unconditional matter.

Sometimes, you just gotta take a stand on an issue that you feel strongly about.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

This morning someone mentioned Halloween to me, and my first thought was wondering if anyone was making Sarah Palin masks. Well, of course they are. Try Google it. Over 66,000 entries!
        And it looks like most suppliers are sold out already, and now they're being re-sold on E-Bay for over $100.
        Some suppliers got smart and put lipstick on pig masks, and those are selling like crazy too.
        Here's the Sarah mask:
        Attached Files

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

What was the music video in the 1980's with muppets of Ronald Reagan, Gobachov, and other political figures?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            What was the music video in the 1980's with muppets of Ronald Reagan, Gobachov, and other political figures?
            Spitting Image?

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/S/...ittingimag.htm

{edit}

Ooops sorry, that was the tv show but the same crew did do the music video:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Confusion
            Last edited by Peshkwe; October 6, 2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

The National Organization for Women (NOW) has endorsed Obama/Biden.
              Finally, as the chair of NOW's Political Action Committee, I am frequently asked whether NOW supports women candidates just because they are women. This gives me an opportunity to once again answer that question with an emphatic 'No.' We recognize the importance of having women's rights supporters at every level but, like Sarah Palin, not every woman supports women's rights.
              Oh, and during an interview last night with Mr. and Mrs. McCain, McCain, when asked about the Veep debate, said Palin beat Biden "like a drum".
              Last edited by tutusue; October 7, 2008, 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                I wonder how that will affect yesterday's endorsement of Palin by the NOW Los Angeles chapter President?

Comment

Speaking of NOW, their endorsement/position on the presidential campaign became muddled when Shelly Mandell, the LA chapter president of NOW came out in favor of the McCain/Palin ticket. This sent shockwaves, not only through Mandell's chapter, but through the state and national levels of NOW. The California president of NOW came out with a statement making it clear that Mandell was not speaking on behalf of the LA chapter and that the organization did not approve of Mandell using her NOW title while expressing her personal support of McCain/Palin.

http://www.feministing.com/archives/011469.html
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Speaking of NOW, their endorsement/position on the presidential campaign became muddled when Shelly Mandell, the LA chapter president of NOW came out in favor of the McCain/Palin ticket. [...]
                    It appears Mandell and the LA chapter are rogues within the organization regardless of Mandell's endorsement of Mc/P. I imagine NOW is currently in full damage control mode and, possibly, if they play their cards right, they might be able to get some national media coverage that could bode well for Obama/Biden.

Comment

So NOW told McCain LATERS....

Comment

The more bad stuff said about Sarah P from the 4-9. The more I like to defend her. Is it just to be a devil's advocate, disagree just for an argument, or to be a Maverick?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          The more bad stuff said about Sarah P from the 4-9. The more I like to defend her. Is it just to be a devil's advocate, disagree just for an argument, or to be a Maverick?
                          I'm not sure you want to go there. There is a word for people who do that on the Internet.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                            I'm not sure you want to go there. There is a word for people who do that on the Internet.
                            I have a card with the word troll crossed out and replaced with Disscussion Enthusiast written in crayon.

Comment

Sarah Palin to give two more television interviews, both on Faux News, one with Hannity again and one with Van Susteren (who did the interview with the "first dude.") These should be hard hitting interviews that are "fair and balanced." Last time Hannity anaswered all the questions for her and Van Susteren asked the dude how to butcher a moose. Yawn.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

She refuses to go on the Today Show. Smart move, but with or without lipstick, she's a pig.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X