X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    ANNOUNCEMENT: Santa Claus has changed his route and will not be flying over Alaska. He's afraid that Sarah Palin will shoot his reindeer.
    Oh no! TOO LATE!!! :

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

According to this CNN story, it appears that ol' Sarah Palin is sticking her hoof foot in her mouth again:

Palin takes digs at Fey, Couric

"Sarah Palin is credited with making Tina Fey a world-wide star and boosting Katie Couric's ratings at CBS. But in a recent interview with conservative John Ziegler, Palin said both "exploited" her twelve-week candidacy — a fact, she said, that "says a great deal about our society.”

No, Sarah. It says more about you and your own ability -- or lack thereof -- to deal with hard questions and the spotlight of the position that you sought.

"I know that a lot of people are capitalizing on, oh I don’t know, perhaps some exploiting that was done via me, my family, my administration — that’s a little bit perplexing”

Um... which "administration"? Gotta be the one in Alaska, eh?

"In the wide-ranging interview, Palin also faulted the McCain campaign for agreeing to a series of sit-downs with Couric after the first one appeared to go so poorly.
      “I knew it didn’t go well the first day, and then we gave her a couple of other segments after that," she said. "And my question to the campaign was, after it didn’t go well the first day, why were we going to go back for more…going back for more was not a wise decision either.”

Because, Sarah, you should have studied your mistakes in the first interview and learned from them, then you might've come off better in the remaining installments with Katie. But clearly you'd rather whine about it.
      And you expected to handle far more agressive foreign leaders?

Read the rest of that link for more eye-rolling moments.

Comment

Referring to the CNN link above:
        “I’ve been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled, and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope,” she said.

“It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here, also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be," she also said.
        Hellooooooo, Sarah? Caroline isn't running for VP of the USA, ya know, the position that's just one heartbeat away from running 50 states in a global arena. Got that? I didn't think so. Whine on.

Comment

That's what I picked up too. A whole lot of WHAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa....these grapes are SOUR! *sniffle*

"…Katie, you’re not the center of everybody’s universe," Palin added off-handedly.
          Katie must be absolutely crushed to have that news delivered by someone who is obviously the center of the universe.

to bad that universe has imploded and is now a great sucking black hole of vapidity

Comment

“I’ve been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled, and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope,”
            You mean Caroline won't be asked all those tough questions......like......what newspapers do you read?
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Hellooooooo, Sarah? Caroline isn't running for VP of the USA, ya know, the position that's just one heartbeat away from running 50 states in a global arena. Got that? I didn't think so. Whine on.
              Thanks for catching that Kennedy quote, Tutu. I meant to include that as part of my original post, but I got called away. I agree with your comment (and the ones from Matapule and Peshkwe too!), but there's another thing about that quote, which I'll remind everyone said:

“I’ve been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled, and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope,” she said.
              “It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here, also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be," she also said."

How will Sarah "prove" that there's a class issue? And even more glaring, why is Sarah thinking about "class" anyway? She's obviously implying that Caroline Kennedy is HIGH class, so that must mean that Sarah think of herself as... LOW class?
              You betcha.

Comment

Oh, I caught the class issue remark but I wasn't willing to go out on a limb and comment about it. But since you did...

The issue is embarrassingly obvious. 'Nuff said!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post

How will Sarah "prove" that there's a class issue? And even more glaring, why is Sarah thinking about "class" anyway? She's obviously implying that Caroline Kennedy is HIGH class, so that must mean that Sarah think of herself as... LOW class?
                  You betcha.
                  That really seems to be it, in which case Miz Sarah could work on bringing up her own 'class quotient' by going to a few Toastmasters meetings, taking a few classes in Constitutional law, something along those lines....or...

She could just dog paddle back to the shallow end and put her water wings back on.

Comment

Chasing down defenseless critters and sniping them with a rifle while in the safety a helicopter/plane is a sure sign of the utmost class...
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

"Sarah Palin's Book Ghostwritten by Associate of White Supremacist"

Palin Lectures Not Selling, No One Wants To Book Her
                      Last edited by Vanguard; September 30, 2009, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Fascinating that she got her book done many months earlier than projected.

Joke #1) ...sorta like her time as Governor.

Joke #2) I heard it was because she colored all the pictures she could before the crayon broke.

Comment

From second article -
                          "The big lecture buyers in the US are paralyzed with fear about booking her, basically because they think she is a blithering idiot."

*milk comes out of nose* *busts gut* *rolls around on the floor laughing*

Sadly some people in my extended family think she would have been a great VP.
                          What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post

You mean the ones with *milk comes out of nose* *busts gut* *rolls around on the floor laughing* ?
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                              You mean the ones with *milk comes out of nose* *busts gut* *rolls around on the floor laughing* ?
                              Pardon me? The members of my family that think she would be a great VP would never ever ever read an article critical of her or hesitate to change the channel if there was something critical of her on the television. That is about the only way that I can imagine that a person can still think that she would be a great VP. So, no, they would not be laughing because they would never read the article, if that's what you meant.
                              What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by StinkyTheGrump View Post
                                Not surprising to hear about that. There are people out there who seriously think this man should run for President.

Thank goodness folks like these are in a distinct minority. Whew!!!
                                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X