Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unsettled Economy & The Bailout

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Why in the world should movie and tv production be included in this bailout bill?

STOP THE PORK!!!
    Why? In order to get enough votes for passage. Oh wait until you learn all the details of this cobbled together giveaway. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      The bill wending its way through Congress would provide tax breaks worth more than $470 million over the next decade for movie and TV producers that shoot in the U.S."

Story here and here.

Why in the world should movie and tv production be included in this bailout bill?
      Hopefully, this will encourage future major studio television and film productions in Hawai‘i, in addition to Lost. And please, no one mention anything specific about Lost. I just finished watching Season three, and have a ways to go, so use spoilers, please!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        You have made my point. The governement doesn't give me the choice (yes, I am pro choice) whether to participate in the bailout or not.
        You've lost track of the conversation, unless "the bailout" refers to some effort I don't know about to bail out credit card companies. I said "Who asked you?" in reaction to your earlier statement that you wouldn't bail "them" out, where "them" clearly referred to credit card companies. The government is not asking or requiring you to participate in a bail out of credit card companies, so far as I know.
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          "Making rules"? Surely you jest. Serious question: exactly how can I do that? Possibly we each have different definitions for the words "maybe" and "idea"? How in the world did you manage to misinterpret idea for "making rules"? ...
          I don't see how calling it an idea that your just tossing out puts your proposal/idea/rule beyond criticism. You proposed that credit card users would have to pay a "ridiculously high annual fee" tacked on to their bills. I criticized that as being an unwarranted intrusion on private transactions. If you don't like my calling this proposed requirement to pay a special fee "making a rule", then let us call it a "tossed out idea". It's a lousy idea. Happy now?
          Greg

Comment

You don't want an "unwarranted intrusion on private transactions" use cash or barter only. Otherwise you have all kinds of behind the scenes folks scoping out your transactions and judging you by them.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
              [...]Happy now?
              Let's see...anger, sarcasm, judgemental attitude, misinterpretation...
              I'd like to use one of my lifelines. Can I phone a friend?

Comment

I wonder how long it'll take for the economic resuscitation to take effect?

Looks like the crash cart needs to be handy yet:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...16165920081006

Although it is causing oil to drop, maybe heating the house this winter won't kill as badly as what I'm prepping for.

Comment

I found it interesting to hear Jim Cramer (Mad Money), on the Today Show this morning, advise pulling all money one will need within the next 5 years out of the stock market regardless of the loss one will take.

Comment

Ya wanna take a trip into 'Things that make you go Hmmmmm...' land?

I was watching History channel yesterday on these watercolors that were supposed to be related to Nostradamus.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=276948

They did a whole thing on the hidden clues to an astrological time where the sun will rise straight up between the constellations of Sagittarius and Scorpio...where there is supposedly a thirteenth constellation that only happens every thirteen hundred (? I think that was it) years and it's due again in 2012 and will signal great changes. The Mayan calendar puts the 'end of the world' at 2012, (they mentioned that in the show too).

Now this guy is saying gather up and hang on to your fundage till 2012 or the next year?

I dunno if it'll be the end of all times kind of BOOM, but I'll bet it'll be a lot different than it is now with how we live or have to live.

Comment

Here's the Jim Cramer piece:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27045699/

Comment

I say, party like the end of the world as we know it, is right around the corner, which it is.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Damn it feels good to be a Banksta!

Comment

There are reports on the Internet that American Express and subsidiaries - Safeway, Circuit City, and Tiffany & Co - are having serious cash flow problems and in trouble.

Why isn't the bailout (the program that mortgages our future, our children's future, and our grandchildren's future) working? I think it was an ill-conceived plan from the beginning.
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I think what's happening was forewarned in 2005:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_II

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                Why isn't the bailout (the program that mortgages our future, our children's future, and our grandchildren's future) working? I think it was an ill-conceived plan from the beginning.
                                Are we supposed to see the bailout effect immediately like ... *snaps fingers* ... that?
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X