Unsettled Economy & The Bailout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Unsettled Economy & The Bailout

Blame Bush and Paulsen for not restricting private jet travel as a condition for anyone receiving bailout money.

I don't think they even capped CEO salaries as part of the bailout deal to Wall Street, did they?
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

It's all a rip, and a worthless scam to perpetuate the grip the gas and auto industry have on us, and the $ coming to their political supporters. These major companies will continue to do just as they have, and only if Obama greatly supports the fledgling entreprenuers which have proven/future worthy commodities that are ready and able to take the place of the losers, will we move on from this sick joke.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        It's all a rip, and a worthless scam to perpetuate the grip the gas and auto industry have on us, and the $ coming to their political supporters. These major companies will continue to do just as they have, and only if Obama greatly supports the fledgling entreprenuers which have proven/future worthy commodities that are ready and able to take the place of the losers, will we move on from this sick joke.
        He won't be able to do it - not as long as we Americans demand cheap gas prices, cheap consumer goods, and all kinds of cheap things that don't reflect the actual price of doing business in the world.

"What? I won't pay that much for running shoes - Company X makes 'em cheaper! (I just have to close my eyes to the ridiculous penny-wages they pay to children in their Bangladeshi factories.)"

"Your manufactured goods cost HOW MUCH? Forget it - I can save a nickel by buying these others instead! (While I grumble about good ol' 'merkan jobs being moved overseas to China.)"

"Look - new Airline Z charges only this much to fly to another island, while the locally-based ones have held us by the short hairs for too damn long; I'm taking my business to them! (And I can still feign offense when they want to take over the local name of the competitor they drove out of business.)"

"FOUR dollars a gallon?!?!? Do you know how much it's gonna cost me now to drive my SUV to the corner grocery store? Those worthless bastards in government better fix that! (But not with MY tax dollars.)"

Comment

• Gas and what idiots want be damned

There is current tech available to eliminate the use of petrol on our streets, and the players that are up to supplying the vehicles that are 21st century worthy and inexpensive, if the CHANGE is willed enuf.

There's a large enuf % of the public that will jump on this and those that won't can be left in our non-polluting dust.

Those that have lead, suck. Those that have followed, have failed in making our leaders worthy. Those that won't get out of the way, good-bye!

Comment

Heres the truth about new technology.

CONSUMERS DON'T BUY IT.

This means that technological advancement in rudimentary science services is driven by consumer choice. You can give a buyer something better. You can give a buyer something cheaper. But if they don't BELIEVE in the technology, they won't spend money on it.

Cars like the EV-1, GEM, among many others, simply do not sell that much.
            Solar panels - totally cost effective for 20+ years. Why doesn't every homeowner have them?
            Solar hot water. No brainer. But some buildings don't have it.
            Electricity is free, in the long run. That's the part CONSUMERS do not understand.

Why not ?????????

Technology revolutions are not driven by gummint. They are driven by consumers.

Buy it, and it will come. Believe in it, and it will happen even faster.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              Mandate by government decree and it will happen immediately.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Heres the truth about new technology.

CONSUMERS DON'T BUY IT.

This means that technological advancement in rudimentary science services is driven by consumer choice. You can give a buyer something better. You can give a buyer something cheaper. But if they don't BELIEVE in the technology, they won't spend money on it.

Cars like the EV-1, GEM, among many others, simply do not sell that much.
                Solar panels - totally cost effective for 20+ years. Why doesn't every homeowner have them?
                Solar hot water. No brainer. But some buildings don't have it.
                Electricity is free, in the long run. That's the part CONSUMERS do not understand.

Why not ?????????

Technology revolutions are not driven by gummint. They are driven by consumers.

Not entirely true, there were people who wanted to buy their EV1s off GM when they closed the program but GM declined.

Solar panels? Because not everyone calculates ROI in the long run, especially when you need 20+ years to recoup. Not to mention sometimes, local codes make the process a pain.

Comment

So Mata, I would guess you already have solar power, water, and a very high mileage, hybrid vehicle, right??

And Josh, the payoff on solar is about 7 years. There are no local codes that can lawfully prevent the use of solar power. The EV-1 sold a mere 1000 units in 7 years. If it was so great, why didn't consumers buy it??

Consumers spend their money how they like. You don't have the technologies yet, do you?

Instead of trying to tell us why others do not have the tech, please tell us why YOU do not buy it.

For the record, I get 41 mpg, 37 mpg, and have solar H20, CFL's, and lots of vegetables in the yard.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

So Mata, I would guess you already have solar power, water, and a very high mileage, hybrid vehicle, right??.
                    Yes to all. I belong to a co-op with de-sal water. However I can still do better. In my opinion, de-sal is problematic. The brine that is dumped back into the ocean alters the local marine ecosystem via increased salinity. If everyone were to go to de-sal for water, it could have devasting consequences for the marine environment. So we're still looking for better solutions.

My daughters asked me what I wanted for Christmas since they say I am hard to buy for. I requested a blister pack of CFL's from Costco so that I can continue changing out all my bulbs.

Thank you, Tim, for your efforts on behalf of the environment.
                    Last edited by matapule; December 23, 2008, 07:21 AM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

The environment ??????????????

Sorry dude, I'm an economic right winger. I have all these technologies because I love to SAVE MONEY. If it benefits the environment, then that is purely by accident.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Sorry dude, I'm an economic right winger. I have all these technologies because I love to SAVE MONEY. If it benefits the environment, then that is purely by accident.
                        Wow, whatta selfish, albeit sad, statement, imnsho.

Comment

Sometimes, statements like these are better left without comment...they speak volumes unto themselves.

Comment

• Tim, my man...

...enjoy burning your lump of coal.

Comment

• Re: Tim, my man...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              ...enjoy burning your lump of coal.
                              Every Christmas has to have a Scrooge of some sort.

Comment

And Josh, the payoff on solar is about 7 years. There are no local codes that can lawfully prevent the use of solar power. The EV-1 sold a mere 1000 units in 7 years. If it was so great, why didn't consumers buy it??
                                I only went by your quote of 20+ years. My statement still stands at 7 years, some people simply don't think that long term. As for local codes, I did not say prevent, I only said codes can make the process of installing solar a pain. And I already said, GM did not sell the EV1, they only leased them. When they wanted them back for demolition, many of those who leased offered to buy them off GM's hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X