Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Ooopsies!

Joe the 'unlicensed' Plumber.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCan...39355520081016
    The complete "Joe" the Plumber video

Comment

• Re: Presidential debates

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      It is the discipline, structure, customary learning, and positive attitude with good moral, that molds youngsters into potentially good candidates for academia.
      Timothy McVeigh - decorated veteran of the U.S. Army, joined the military at age 20, fought in the Gulf War, won commendation for his actions in battle, including the Bronze Star and the Combat Infantry Badge.

But I don't think they'll be naming schools after him anytime soon.

Comment

"Joe" The Plumber compares Obama to Sammy Davis Junior

Comment

This last debate was, by far, McCain's best performance of the 3 debates. But was his best good enough to turn this election around? Nope.

Telling Obama that if he wanted to run against Bush, he should have done so 4 years ago was a cute line. But it is easily undercut by video footage of McCain himself earlier saying that he voted with Bush 90% of the time.

Capitalizing on Joe the Plumber was a good way of putting a human face on someone who would have to pay more in taxes under Obama's plan. Problem is, how many voters will be able to relate to someone like Joe, who earns in excess of a quarter-million? How many people will sympathize with Joe having to pay slightly more in taxes vs. folks who are unemployed and in danger of foreclosure?

Attacking Obama on Bill Ayers. On a day when the Dow took a 700+ point plunge, does anyone really care about Obama serving on an educational board with someone whom even McCain referred to as a "washed-up" terrorist?

And finally, mocking the issue of women's health (using the "quote" hand gesture) when talking about abortion,... so much for McCain reaching out for the vote of pro-choice women. I single this out as being the most damaging for McCain.

Obama, frankly speaking, was playing prevent defense for the most part. This might be a mistake in other political campaigns. But as I said, McCain's best wasn't good enough. Obama remained cool and unflappable. Didn't go after McCain harder when talking about some of the "out of bounds" remarks heard at McCain/Palin ralllies. Obama played it safe, but in the context of where this campaign is heading, it seems like he made the right decision.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Oh, how un-civic minded of me.....I mostly watched "Frank Sinatra Live
            From Las Vegas" on PBS and every now and then channel flip to the
            debate. It was a great concert!

Comment

Was Joe the Plumber brought in for sewage backed up problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                Was Joe the Plumber brought in for sewage backed up problems?
                Probably why he was seen talking to the Democrats (mainly Obama).
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Biden more worried about 'Joe the real plumber with a license'

Comment

More information that indicates "Joe the Plumber" (actually, Sam the Apprentice) is a phony.

Samuel J. Wurzelbacher earned $40,000 in 2006, rather than $250,000. Meaning that he would actually benefit more under Obama's tax plan rather than McCain's.

http://www.rollingstone.com/national...re-from-obama/

Either Sam is a GOP plant,... or he's just an attention whore savoring his 15 minutes of fame. Take your pick.

In the meantime, the national union for "real" plumbers is endorsing Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/ny...lumber.html?em
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      [...]
                      Samuel J. Wurzelbacher earned $40,000 in 2006, rather than $250,000. Meaning that he would actually benefit more under Obama's tax plan rather than McCain's.[...]
                      In the video linked in post #121, Joe says he's "getting ready to buy a company that makes about 250, 270, 80 thousand dollars a year...". It doesn't appear he represented himself as making that much now or in the past unless he's quoted elsewhere as saying so.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        In the video linked in post #121, Joe says he's "getting ready to buy a company that makes about 250, 270, 80 thousand dollars a year...". It doesn't appear he represented himself as making that much now or in the past unless he's quoted elsewhere as saying so.
                        I still say he's as phony as a $3 bill.

"Getting ready to buy a company that makes about 250K a year?" First of all, he's not even close to being able to buy his boss' company, so claims that he's "getting ready to buy" are misleading, to say the least. (He owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes.) Secondly, even if "Joe" could take ownership of his boss' business today, he would still benefit from Obama's plan as it was revealed that this company actually made closer to $100K rather than Joe's exaggerated claims of $250K+.

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/contributors/1809

Comment

Joe the Plumber might become Joe 2 Six Packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            I still say he's as phony as a $3 bill.
                            Oh, easily could be. I just couldn't find where JtP claimed to already be making $250k.
                            "Getting ready to buy a company that makes about 250K a year?" First of all, he's not even close to being able to buy his boss' company, so claims that he's "getting ready to buy" are misleading, to say the least. (He owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes.) [...]
                            There are ways to get around the affordability issue. Of course, those ways take a great deal of trust not to mention risk. A friend of mine sold her air conditioning company to an employee who was her foreman. The company was turned over to him in exchange for various monetary considerations such as continued health insurance, monthly income, etc. Foreman did not have to put up a chunk o' change! Foreman had been with this company for many years so my friend felt confident about the deal. I haven't spoken with her in a few months so I don't know if the current economic crisis is impacting this deal. I hope not as it had all the makings of a win-win situation.

Comment

McCain's silly moment

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                                Lick it up, lick it up, its only right now
                                Lick it up, lick it up, ooh yeah
                                Lick it up, lick it up, come on, come on
                                Lick it up, lick it up

Comment

Working...