Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    I wonder how much it would cost to fly Obama and family, and all his secret service, advisors, bodyguards and nannies here commercially. Don't forget to throw in the cost of all of the added security at the airports, the motorcades, etc. etc...
    Medical Evac for "grandma" to the mainland might be cheaper?

Seriously, I think Blakeman is a big creep for bringing this up.

Comment

It wasn't a question of IF; rather a question of WHEN some idiot would twist Obama's trip to visit his seriously ailing Toot into a political piece of garbage. Congratulations, Brad Blakeman...you get the "Sh!+head-of-the-Election" award. No mirrored disco ball for you.

Does anyone else wonder why any of the media folks who, during an interview, ask McCain if he thinks Palin either 1.) is a good choice for VP or 2.) is qualified to be the president should the need arise? Do these journalists really expect McCain to say anything other than YES? Maybe that question is required by McCain's camp to allow him to wax poetic about his Caribou Barbie? It just seems like such a dumb question. Maybe it's my perception that's dumb. Dunno!

Comment

• Al Bundy get's a tax savings, and buy's a lifetime subscription to Big Un's

www.youtube.com/watch?v=99HzP6BQm5Y

Go Al, do your duty!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          It wasn't a question of IF; rather a question of WHEN some idiot would twist Obama's trip to visit his seriously ailing Toot into a political piece of garbage. Congratulations, Brad Blakeman...you get the "Sh!+head-of-the-Election" award.
          I give you credit if you actually did predict it. I'm amazed that any McCain supporter would go on national TV and take such an idiotic, indefensible, and mean-spirited cheapshot against Obama. I mean, if it was McCain's 96 year old mother who had fallen ill, would anyone expect the senator to ditch the "Straight Talk Express" plane and make the trek to be at her side via commercial flight? C'mon! If Blakeman thought that comment would convert people into the McCain camp,.... what planet is he living on?

Being the cable TV news junkie that I am, I'm surprised that it was Blakeman of all people who would make such an idiotic comment. While he can be very partisan, I've never heard him go off the deep-end,..... until today. Well, I'm crossing him off my list of conservative pundits whom I consider to be principled in their commentary.

Here's Keith Olbermann's take on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dk2omRTzA
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            I give you credit if you actually did predict it.
            I don't think I predicted it; rather, expected it! I was talking with my pro-Obama doc on Tuesday, discussing Obama's upcoming trip to Hawaii. I felt the trip, the reason for it and his time away from the campaign trail wouldn't hurt Obama. I felt it would help him. Doc was worried that the opposite might happen. Then I told doc that I fully expected someone to talk smack about it...probably McCain himself...trying to turn it into something 'out there'...and that, too, would help Obama. End of conversation.
            [...]I mean, if it was McCain's 96 year old mother who had fallen ill, would anyone expect the senator to ditch the "Straight Talk Express" plane and make the trek to be at her side via commercial flight? C'mon!
            Absolutely NOT!!! However, would a man who calls his wife a '¢*n+' in public be expected to have enough empathy to break from the campaign trail so close to the election for an ailing family member? I don't know the answer to that question...and that's a sad statement in and of itself. It would've never occured to me to ask that question about Obama.
            [...]While he can be very partisan, I've never heard him go off the deep-end,..... until today.[...]
            Partisan is fine. Vile is not. It seems McCain is in good company.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              I give you credit if you actually did predict it. I'm amazed that any McCain supporter would go on national TV and take such an idiotic, indefensible, and mean-spirited cheapshot against Obama. I mean, if it was McCain's 96 year old mother who had fallen ill, would anyone expect the senator to ditch the "Straight Talk Express" plane and make the trek to be at her side via commercial flight? C'mon! If Blakeman thought that comment would convert people into the McCain camp,.... what planet is he living on?
              I dunno how many McCain supporters get on national tv but I've seen the comments some self-purported McCain supporters have left on the CNN and Foxnews websites regarding Obama's trip to visit his Grandma ranging from allegations that Obama didn't visit his Grandma in August so why visit her now unless he's trying to milk it for campaign purposes, to attacks about why he waited to tonight instead of dropping everything to fly to her as soon as he heard she was ill unless he's using it to garner sympathy, to attacking him for "suspending his campaign" just to visit his Grandmother when he wouldn't suspend his campaign to help with a national emergency (the way McCain did).

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E
                stay forever young

Comment

http://margaretandhelen.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                    I dunno how many McCain supporters get on national tv but I've seen the comments some self-purported McCain supporters have left on the CNN and Foxnews websites regarding Obama's trip to visit his Grandma
                    There's a big difference between political/media figures who have reputations and credibilities to protect vs. some nameless/faceless people leaving slanderous comments on websites. Can't even begin to compare to the two.

ranging from allegations that Obama didn't visit his Grandma in August so why visit her now unless he's trying to milk it for campaign purposes,
                    This is a flat-out lie. Obama did in fact visit his grandmother in August.

http://www.care2.com/news/member/640795881/843920

But of course, it's so easy for anyone to anonymously post a vicious lie on the net. It's a different story if someone tried to do it on TV with their face and identity revealed for all the world to see, right? So I don't know why you're even bringing up slanderous and irresponsible comments made by anonymous people.

to attacks about why he waited to tonight instead of dropping everything to fly to her as soon as he heard she was ill unless he's using it to garner sympathy,
                    To garner sympathy? And if, heaven forbid, Obama's grandmother's health takes a turn for the worst, what will that person say then? But hey, being an anonymous poster means never having to say you're sorry, even when you've completely made a horse's patoot out of yourself.

to attacking him for "suspending his campaign" just to visit his Grandmother when he wouldn't suspend his campaign to help with a national emergency (the way McCain did).
                    I have 2 comments to that:

1) McCain never actually suspended his campaign. Following the "suspension" announcement, McCain's campaign continued to run commercials and his surrogates/spokespeople continued to make appearances on network news shows. This was documented by Media Matters.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200809260009

2) In the official announcement re: Barack's decision to leave the campaign trail for 2 days to visit his grandmother, communications director Robert Gibbs did not say that Obama was "suspending" his campaign. Here is what Gibbs actually said.

http://blog.4president.org/2008/2008...ack-obama.html

“Recently, his Grandmother has become ill, and in the last few weeks, her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious. It is for that reason that Senator Obama has decided to change his schedule on Thursday and Friday so that he can see her and spend some time with her. He will be returning to the campaign trail on Saturday."

So contrary to what your anonymous commentators state, Obama did not say that he was suspending his campaign. In fact, Michelle Obama and Joe Biden will continue to make appearances and Obama/Biden commercials will stay on the air while Obama himself is in Hawaii today and Friday.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

McCain Camp Silencing Supporter Who Repudiated Anti-Muslim Smears

Somehow, this vaguely reminds me of the time an Iranian VP was rebuked for saying Iran was friends with the Israeli people.

Comment

Former Mass. Gov (R) endorses Obama

Comment

This thread has turned into an orgasm of liberalism.
                          FutureNewsNetwork.com
                          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Oh Tim! What have you got against orgasms?
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              CHEERS! For both!

Comment

No wonder I'm feeling so good!
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X