• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    but where's Biden?
    White men can't dance?
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Well, truth be told, Obama isn't so great at dancing himself. *g* I saw his clip with Ellen.

Comment

He does have a sense of humor tho:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6208813

Comment

here is an unusual map of the presidential election for more maps and an explanation go here:http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/
          the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            White men can't dance?
            I thought McCain did one heckuva good job!
            Originally posted by Adri View Post
            Well, truth be told, Obama isn't so great at dancing himself. *g* I saw his clip with Ellen.
            I don't think dancing's been high on Obama's priority list. Still, he's got rhythm and he's got the beat. With more experience I think he could bust a mean move! Don't think he'll find much time for it, tho'.

Comment

Sorry if I missed it and someone already posted about this, but... when I watched Steven Colbert's reflection on what Obama's victory means for the children of Hawaiʻi, I had to choke back a tear.

Or something.

Comment

More proof (as if much was needed anyway) that "Joe the Plumber" was a total phony:

Joe hires a PR firm to get himself a recording deal, which proves my earlier point that Joe was more interested in self-publicity rather than seriously trying to make any political statement.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/15072.html

And finally, Joe reveals himself to be a hypocrite when it is revealed that he was twice on welfare.

http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato...fare-queen-too

Hey Joe! Where do you think your family's welfare money came from? That's right. The taxes paid by other working people at the time. And it is no different with the taxes you are paying for now, as an unlicensed plumber. At least, with whatever taxes that you did pay. You still owe Uncle Sam some $1200, right?
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  I don't know....maybe it's just me.......but it looks like paradise to me.
                  I don't understand why my wife didn't get too excited when I told her we are going to take our vacation in Hawaii.

Maybe because we live there? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I thought McCain did one heckuva good job!
                    That's because he is Panamanian, not a white guy!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

In thinking about the possibility that Gov. Palin will make a run for the Presidency in 2012, has anyone else noted that 2012 is the year the ancient Mayan calendar predicts a great upheaval in the civilizations of humanity?

Comment

• Palin/Lingle in 2012

I know I'd be rioting in Waipahu if that happens...
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Palin/Lingle in 2012

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          I know I'd be rioting in Waipahu if that happens...
                          They're Identical Cousins!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            In thinking about the possibility that Gov. Palin will make a run for the Presidency in 2012, has anyone else noted that 2012 is the year the ancient Mayan calendar predicts a great upheaval in the civilizations of humanity?
                            No, that's interesting.

I would take it with a grain of salt, tho. If the Mayan calendar was prophetic, why didn't it tell their people about the demise of their own civilization?
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              If the Mayan calendar was prophetic, why didn't it tell their people about the demise of their own civilization?
                              Who says it didn't?

Just because a civilization is aware of its impending end doesn't mean they can stop it from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                                Who says it didn't?

Just because a civilization is aware of its impending end doesn't mean they can stop it from happening.

That's right! There are intelligent people all around us that still feel compelled to smoke themselves to death.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X