The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 'common sense' kinda thing

Karen, possibly, the McCain group that agree with his statement's but will be voting for Obama, say's many things that could be considered very negative for JMc, like... they may not believe and/or trust him, and have a better feeling towards BO.

BTW, you notice a ton of back pedaling from John and Sarah in their speeches right now. Way different from last week. John is forcing himself to portray the old style that everybody used to like, and Sarah isn't spewing venom and lies in quite the same blatant manner... no wink. They got the emergency memo, ...that they were killing themselves in the eye's of swing voting America.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Luke Russert continues to be an eloquent voice for youth during this election year and he offers his insight into why younger voters have registered in record numbers. He appeared on Oprah today and woulda made his dad proud.

Comment

While Luke Russert is NBC's voice of youth during this election, it appears that Helen is the voice of whoever wants to read her blog. This very funny, 82 year old tells it like it is! No more CNN for me. It's Helen, all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          While Luke Russert is NBC's voice of youth during this election, it appears that Helen is the voice of whoever wants to read her blog.
          Thanks for the link. This is hilarious! And right on!

Comment

Helen needs to be an election correspondent for Leno's show! She and the cookie lady, together, would be a hard team to beat!

ETA...I just shot off an email to the Tonight Show. Not that it will even get read but thought I'd give it a go!
            Last edited by tutusue; October 18, 2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Love it, TS! Thanks for the link. Helen Philpot is very funny; I choked on my gum, and 'bout woke up the DS.

I sent off my absentee ballot tonight; glad to see I had some options other than That One and the Other One, even though I had never heard of three of the candidates. Oh, and I decided to vote for the rail system (oops--OT!) It was helpful to be able to do some research on a lot of the other topics (and candidates) with the ballot in front of me.

Onward, friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Fast forward to 2008. None of the "third party" or independent candidates (like Bob Barr or Ralph Nader) are even remotely strong enough to muddy any electoral vote projections.
                My guess Ralph Nader will take votes away from florida and ohio - by 1.3% from Florida and at least 1% from ohio either for obama or mccain. This is only a guess. The smallest percentages adds up.
                stay forever young

Comment

Colin Powell endorses Obama

Huzzah!

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging?
                  Last edited by Vanguard; October 19, 2008, 04:14 AM.

Comment

A warning regarding voting "straight ticket"

I would meticulously vote for each candidate one by one.

Comment

OH SNAP!!!

Just heard this on FOX news (yeah I watch Fox as well as the rest), a guy who ran a voter registration program was arrested for changing voter registration forms from Democrat to Republican:

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6534

This just in as Brad is headed over to the FOXNews studios. Yesterday the LA Times reported on the Republican voter registration outfit who had apparently been illegally changing thousands of registrations from Democratic to Republican.

Last night the head of that GOP backed group, Mark Anthony Jacoby of Young Political Majors (YPM), was arrested by the California State Election Fraud Taskforce and Oxnard CA Police.

According to CA SOS Debra Bowen's press release, Jacoby himself had committed voter registration fraud.

Here's the LA Times article:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,3505611.story

Comment

Since when did being inarticulate and dumb get to be a virtue in this election? NOTE: I am not saying that either candidate is actually inarticulate or dumb ~ this is a rant towards the opinions expressed by some presumably Americans being interviewed or posting on message boards. I just saw an interview of "undecided voters" where a guy says he thinks he's going to vote for McCain because McCain isn't as polished a speaker as Obama. I saw posts on a posting board criticizing Obama for pronouncing Iraq and Pakistan correctly (the posters did acknowledge that Obama's pronunciation was correct as far as the rest of the world goes) while McCain did not pronounce them correctly but, in the posters' opinions, McCain pronounced them in "an American way" while Obama pronounced them like a foreigner ~ and some of the posters found this "annoying". I keep hearing that Obama's manner is "professorial" and that alienates him from the voters who want an "every day kind of President". I'm all for having a down-to-earth President but I cannot believe people would say that they'd vote for someone because they mispronounce things like a real American or because they're not good speakers.

Comment

Behind in the Polls.
                          Who you gonna call?
                          Joe the Plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Behind in the Polls.
                            Who you gonna call?
                            Joe the Plumber.
                            I don't know about calling Joe. Seems that his impact on the campaign has been a mixed bag for both candidates.

Believe it or not, Rasmussen did a poll on the phenomenom of Joe the Plumber. Here are the results.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._gop_disagrees

Forty-four percent (44%) of voters have a favorable opinion of Joe the Plumber, while another 41% have an unfavorable opinion and 15% are not sure. Among those following the story, the numbers for Joe are 58% favorable and 37% unfavorable.

The surprising star of the Presidential debate is a hit with middle income voters. Among those earning $40,000 a year to $100,000, 52% have a favorable opinion of Joe the Plumber while 33% offer an unfavorable assessment.

Those who earn less than $40,000 a year are less impressed—just 39% have a favorable opinion of him while 44% provide an unfavorable review.

Those with a higher income have an even lower opinion of Joe—35% favorable, 52% Unfavorable.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of entrepreneurs have a favorable opinion of the man who wants to someday buy his own business.

Given a choice between the two presidential candidates and Joe, 44% say Obama is the one who best understands the economic realities they face. Twenty-nine percent (29%) named McCain and 19% Joe the Plumber.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                              [...]I keep hearing that Obama's manner is "professorial" and that alienates him from the voters who want an "every day kind of President". I'm all for having a down-to-earth President but I cannot believe people would say that they'd vote for someone because they mispronounce things like a real American or because they're not good speakers.
                              Those must be the same people who approve of Palin as a VP because she's folksy, entertaining and...hot!

Personally, I don't find anyone with a vile temper and who will drop the "c" bomb on his wife in public an "every day kind of President". I call that dysfunctional.

Comment

I'm so tired of the 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb' thing. All that needed doing was to change it to: 'Dr. Strangeglove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Patriot Act'.

I'd much rather have someone in office with proven brains over perceived 'balls' any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X