Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

I think I would settle for the letter size
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Oh, Bob. Do you understand that there are HTers who feel exactly the same about you and your views? You are in a no-win situation here. The "other side" feels just as strongly about their views as you do about yours. Nuthin' wrong with that except you keep coming in here and beating a dead horse. You're not making any converts. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs. This is America, after all. But do you really think you can come back to this thread time and time again and make people believe you? I think not. Let go and preach to a forum of like minds.
      You assume the silent majority agrees with you. I can hardly believe the thousands of views on these threads are limited to the few of us willing to post.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        ... why don't YOU file a lawsuit? Put up or ... well, you know.
        I was challenged to post my long form birth certificate, which I did. Now you want me to file a lawsuit so you can move onto another demand? It's time for you to put up. What do you want me to do, HOLD YOUR HAND???

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
          Will you be my E-wife?
          I'm gonna tell your boyfriend!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
            You assume the silent majority agrees with you. I can hardly believe the thousands of views on these threads are limited to the few of us willing to post.
            You have no idea what I'm assuming. Are you assuming the silent majority agrees with you? (<- BTW, that's a question, not an accusation.) You're beating a dead horse in HT, Bob, silent majority or no silent majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
              How about you answer the ONE question that's been posted to you in this thread? Like - we asked first, so you answer first?

Sorry we know better.

What? You think no one's paying attention?
              You think if you don't answer you can keep this thread going forever?
              Or, as I suspect, if you do answer it, and answer it honestly, your whole conspiritorial house of playing cards will crumble to a scrap heap?

Nixon: "I am NOT a liar!"
              Clinton: "I never had sex with that woman!"
              Bobinator: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, so what's YOUR answer?"

We get more truth and honesty from Osama bin Laden than we do from Bobinator.
              Here's my answer- "http://www.pacdv.com/sounds/fart-sounds/fart-wav-3.wav"

Comment

Man, oh man.

Compare the level of "discussion" in this thread with the one on Civil Unions, and you'll get a good sense of the word "pathetic."

This one just ain't worth the energy, is it?

* click *

Comment

I'm gonna tell your boyfriend!

I don't have a boyfriend.
                  flickr

An email from God:
                  To: People of Earth
                  Date: 9/04/2007
                  Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

I was challenged to post my long form birth certificate, which I did.
                    Bob, you already admitted the the birth certificate you posted was NOT your own in post #217. Are you waffling on the issue yet again? It’s really hard to take you seriously when you keep lying like this.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Bobinator: Is the birth certificate you posted, if it is yours, one that you obtained from the Department of Health last year or this year or even 2008? It doesn't count if it's one you had from before then. The issue is, what could you get from the Dept. of Health at the time that Obama's birth certificate was submitted to verify his citizenship not what could you get 10 years ago or earlier. The Dept. of Health says that the Birth Certificate presented by Obama is the only form of birth certificate the State provides to anyone as of the time Obama's citizenship needed to be verified and that the form he provided is sufficient for all legal purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                        I don't have a boyfriend.
                        Whew! Well, then I elected Seeking Penance as Flower Girl, since he's not busy being your boyfriend and all.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

What are the odds that the NY SUV bomber is a Birther or a Teabagger?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Highly unlikely, since bombing NYC would run contrary to the stated goals of both movements. For birthers, they want to be seen as legitimate while de-legitimizing President Obama. Already relegated to “fringe group” status, such a stunt would only further marginalize them as mentally unstable zealots. The tea party movement, on the other hand, are against higher taxes, Big Brother and anything that increases the deficit, or the ever-ballooning national debt. Blowing up an SUV in a busy section of NYC would only increase the cost to the American taxpayer as firefighters, police, paramedics, and FBI dispatched to the area constitute once more incident used to justify removal of American civil liberties and increasing the budget of these agencies.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                              Please......start another thread on this specific issue. And please......speculation of this type is not productive at this point.
                              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                                Please......start another thread on this specific issue. And please......speculation of this type is not productive at this point.
                                These groups tend to have lone rogue suspects. I profiled when I heard that they were looking for a middle aged white male suspect. Were they being politically correct when the description wasn't of a non-white man?
                                Last edited by Walkoff Balk; May 3, 2010, 09:49 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                                X