Obama v. The Birthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Well, the birth certificate could have been forged, but the announcements of his birth in both the Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star Bulletin which verifies his birth dated the same year of his birth cannot.

This is simple. The birthers are barking up the wrong tree. However, according to our Constitution, it really doesn't make any difference where Obama was born, because his mother was an American Citizen, and lived in the US for more than one year.
    http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

I see the birthers with not a single leg to stand on.
    Nobu

Comment

Republicans had their 1996 convention in San Diego, a friend who works downtown heard two Republican ladies clucking how AWFUL it was that the Clintons had the NERVE to actually go to Church! Imagine, Godless Marxists having the NERVE to show up in Church! So, you go to church, they hate you, and if you don't, they hate you. Amazing people buy this garbage.

Comment

I've been informed — by very earnest people — that all microfilms of newspaper birth announcements in the state of Hawaii have been doctored by Secret Kenyans. If you dare to question this, you're part of the conspiracy.

Kind of hard to argue with logic like that.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          I've been informed — by very earnest people — that all microfilms of newspaper birth announcements in the state of Hawaii have been doctored by Secret Kenyans.
          I wonder if those are the same Kenyans who said they're going to give me $10 million and all I have to do is send them a few thousand up front to handle the paperwork. Hmmm...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Makes me wonder how legit Nigerian businessmen can operate these days. If they send someone a fax, will anyone believe 'em...?

Comment

I've been informed — by very earnest people — that all microfilms of newspaper birth announcements in the state of Hawaii have been doctored by Secret Kenyans. If you dare to question this, you're part of the conspiracy.

Kind of hard to argue with logic like that.

I agree. Anyone who thinks they can get microfilm from a company, and doctor it up without the company's permission must be out of their cocount. Not only that, at the time, there were two major newspapers, both having the same sources, and the State of Hawaii.

Comment

Anderson Cooper goes head-to-head with Texas State Rep. Leo Berman, who has expressed doubt in Pres. Obama's birthplace.

Cooper - 1
                Berman - 0

Comment

Andy Borowitz spins the story in a new direction:

KAILUA, HAWAII (The Borowitz Report) – Leaders of the so-called Birther movement followed President Obama on his Hawaiian vacation today to demand that Hawaii prove it is actually a U.S. state.

Mr. Obama’s claim to American citizenship has rested on his birthplace being Hawaii, but the Birthers argued today that Hawaii’s claim to being part of America is far from a foregone conclusion.

Speaking to reporters in Kailua, Birther leader Orly Taitz said that Hawaii cannot be considered part of the United States “unless it can produce an authentic statehood certificate.”

Ms. Taitz said that she did a thorough title search on the islands and has concluded that rather than being a U.S. state, “the islands of Hawaii appear to be colonies of Kenya.”

“That means that everyone born in Hawaii is legally not an American but a Kenyan,” she said, “which I find ironic.”

The Birthers’ contention that Hawaii is not a state promptly drew support from one leading Republican politician, former Governor Sarah Palin.

“To be honest, it’s something I’ve always kind of wondered about,” Gov. Palin said. “Hawaii just isn’t an American-sounding name, like Alaska.”

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    “Hawaii just isn’t an American-sounding name, like Alaska.”
                    Palin isn't an American sounding name either. This woman is dumb and getting dumber.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      [...]
                      Ms. Taitz said that she did a thorough title search on the islands and has concluded that rather than being a U.S. state, “the islands of Hawaii appear to be colonies of Kenya.”[...]
                      Bwa...
                      Bwaha...
                      Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Comment

Ahh, now I see why the PVS earmark is so patently pork that just saying 'Polynesian Voyaging Society' is explanation enough...
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Alas, the Borowitz thing is satire.
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Awww, Burl - didja really have to tell 'em?

Comment

Most people with a brain realized it was satire before even finishing the article. The comments from Palin only sealed the satire conclusion.
                              Clue #2: If she'd really said that, tons of other media would've picked it up.
                              It was funny, though!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Palin's whole life is a satire.
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X