• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobinator
    replied
    Re: Obama v. The Birthers

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Leo, allow me to give another perspective.

I was a teenager in the Viet Nam era and refused service in an unjust war. To this day, I am still proud of that decision. Had I been of age at the time of WWII, I would have volunteered to serve in a just war. I am not a pacifist per se, I just refuse to be a lacky for special interest groups.

Anyway, the Viet Nam protesters were told, "America, Love It or Leave It." That was hurtful to me because I felt that I was being a patriot for protesting an unjust war. And it just wasn't protest, viable solutions to the war were proposed and eventually accepted. History has shown we were right.

With regards to the cartoon above, I think it is a modern day version of "America, Love it or Leave it" sentiment. I believe that any American has the right to protest big governement or taxes without being told to move to Somalia. But they also have a responsibility to propose reasonable solutions. Some of the HT family (wink, wink) don't seem to get it and just troll the Board. I am ready to listen to any that propose viable solutions in a sincere conversation - maybe I can learn something. I want to see more than Tea Bagger signs that say (caps are for real): "KILL OBAMAcare" Now that is one dangerous dipship.

So, in my opinion, the cartoon above makes a very good point - how few taxes and government can we afford without resulting in anarchy. But in it's presentation only serves to alienate and divide, just like the obnoxious cartoons on the other side. I would like to find some common ground that will serve to unify and heal after 8 devastating years of W. Taunts and insults are not the way to do that (and yes I am guilty of that sometimes).

Let's all work together to make a better future for us, our children, and our grandchildren. YES WE CAN!

Kay den, nuff said.
    Matapule,

Based on what I know now, I do believe that most wars after the Civil War were unjust wars. I'm interested in knowing what your understanding is of the Vietnam War. I've read that it was actually initiated by a supposed bombing of a U.S. warship that never actually happened, and that the U.S. needed an excuse to declare war. Is see the Iraq and Afghan war as another "Vietnam."

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Sighs. I miss the good old days, with the 2000 Presidential Election and the Florida Ballot Chad incident.

Leave a comment:

• Kimo
    replied

oooo . . . if it really is as high as 5 percent, we should be concerned.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

This sums it up.

I don't have a problem with someone having legitimate concerns about anything. I have a problem with someone who won't engage in sincere discourse about those concerns. The bottom line is that he is a sore loser about the last election and will resort to any cockamamie excuse to nullify that election. He is part of the 5% extremist fundamentalist fringe in the country today. Oua pehe noa.
    Last edited by matapule; April 16, 2010, 03:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• anapuni808
    replied

Bob - I DON'T ignore you because you are one of the persons who scares me because of your extreme beliefs. You listen to no one that disagrees with you. You listen to no other opinions but yours and those like you. You exhibit no intelligent thought process because you don't listen to anyone who doesn't think like you. Extremists of any kind need to have attention paid to them. If we ignore you we only have ourselves to blame for what happens when people like you are allowed to become relevant.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    an it's pissing you off to no end. And, I get to watch a whole bunch of people act like children.
    OH! So THAT'S what you're trying to do here!

I thought you wer merely honest but misguided.

ADD me to another person who has you on my IGNORE list.

Bye bye, a-hole.

K

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/0...ng-to-get-you/

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Nords View Post
    It never ends well, and the conspiracy theorists feel that this engagement is merely proof of the conspiracy...
    Good point - it's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thing, no?

I'm sorry if I touched a nerve with you, matapule; you would not have known that the cartoonist meant it as satire (then again, that's just my personal interpretation, based on his work).

Leave a comment:

• Nords
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    What I can't figure out is why so many of you are still engaging with the guy; some of you even convinced me that he wasn't worth it. Just do as matapule-the-wise has suggested, and let him fester in his own puddle of ignorance.
    It never ends well, and the conspiracy theorists feel that this engagement is merely proof of the conspiracy...

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

So, in my opinion, the cartoon above makes a very good point - how few taxes and government can we afford without resulting in anarchy. But in it's presentation only serves to alienate and divide, just like the obnoxious cartoons on the other side.
    I enjoy the cartoon work found at the "Married to the Sea" website, and this was today's offering; if you know the artist's work, you'd know that he is putting a spin on the very "love it or leave it" attitudes to which you refer. Since reality is not Bobinator's specialty, I thought I'd share an alternate with him. Perhaps this one would be better suited to making the point: http://candorville.com/2010/04/13/gi...iberty-part-2/

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Leo, allow me to give another perspective.

I was a teenager in the Viet Nam era and refused service in an unjust war. To this day, I am still proud of that decision. Had I been of age at the time of WWII, I would have volunteered to serve in a just war. I am not a pacifist per se, I just refuse to be a lacky for special interest groups.

Anyway, the Viet Nam protesters were told, "America, Love It or Leave It." That was hurtful to me because I felt that I was being a patriot for protesting an unjust war. And it just wasn't protest, viable solutions to the war were proposed and eventually accepted. History has shown we were right.

With regards to the cartoon above, I think it is a modern day version of "America, Love it or Leave it" sentiment. I believe that any American has the right to protest big governement or taxes without being told to move to Somalia. But they also have a responsibility to propose reasonable solutions. Some of the HT family (wink, wink) don't seem to get it and just troll the Board. I am ready to listen to any that propose viable solutions in a sincere conversation - maybe I can learn something. I want to see more than Tea Bagger signs that say (caps are for real): "KILL OBAMAcare" Now that is one dangerous dipship.

So, in my opinion, the cartoon above makes a very good point - how few taxes and government can we afford without resulting in anarchy. But in it's presentation only serves to alienate and divide, just like the obnoxious cartoons on the other side. I would like to find some common ground that will serve to unify and heal after 8 devastating years of W. Taunts and insults are not the way to do that (and yes I am guilty of that sometimes).

Let's all work together to make a better future for us, our children, and our grandchildren. YES WE CAN!

Kay den, nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    it's kind of fun for me since I can say whatever I want & he doesn't see it! ?That's what he gets for blocking me.
    Block you? Who's blocking you, you blockhead!

No one wants to see what you do to yourself behind closed doors...

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

What I can't figure out is why so many of you are still engaging with the guy; some of you even convinced me that he wasn't worth it. Just do as matapule-the-wise has suggested, and let him fester in his own puddle of ignorance.
    That's because I'm... *Ahem* ... Engaging. Besides, why else would you be on this "Birther" thread? To talk about your nails and the latest fashion?

The truth? It's cuz I'm smacking alla you with articles and credible testimony, an it's pissing you off to no end. And, I get to watch a whole bunch of people act like children.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

We'll see what happens. He'll file suit and force the Court to subpoena Obama's records. He knows this. That's why he did it in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• Bobinator
    replied

Bobinator has now become the JW knocking on the HT door. He keeps trying to hand out his "tracts" that he finds on goofy websites. He has a right to believe whatever he wants, but it doesn't look like he has made a single convert here on HT. But he just keeps knockin' on the door. There's a word for this, it is called harrassment. So when the Bob comes aknockin', just don't answer the door and ignore him. Maybe he'll get on his bicycle and go to some other neighborhood.
    Whattsamattah!? No can handle!??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X