Inauguration Plans Everybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inauguration Plans Everybody?

CNN just aired Jack Johnson singing at the Home State Ball. Cool!

Comment

We are shaped by the environment we grow up in and President Obama seems to have been shaped very favorably growing up in Hawai'i.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
        ...the idle thought crosses my mind (not technically at all accurate obviously) that a Hawaiian has become President, that at long last Queen Liliuokalani has been vindicated. In a sense, she has, in the same general sense that Dr. Martin Luther King has been vindicated. If thats the right word.
        Nice thought, Kalalau. No need to sweat the accuracy for this one time; thanks for putting that concept out there.

Comment

It's been reported that somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.8 to 2 million people descended upon DC to witness Obama's swearing in. And there wasn't a single incident/arrest. For me, that shows the healing power that Mr. Obama brings to his presidency.

For those of you who didn't see the Ellen DeGeneres Show today...she wore a duplicate of the hat Aretha Franklin wore to the inauguration! For awhile yesterday it appeared that hat was going to get more media attention than all of Michelle Obama's inauguration day wardrobe put together!

Comment

Good party at Senor Billy's last night. No doubt about it, I don't really fit in with the predominant crowd. Must be my soapy smell.

Drank a few margies in honor of President Obama. Shot the breeze with some friends I haven't seen in quite a while. Bands were great. It's a new era.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post

We in the "Tiki Community" are wondering when the "Aloha President" will put a Tiki Bar in the Whitehouse.

Man, I must have just missed this. My cable went out during the parade :-( and I missed alot of the festivities. I DID get to see the speech, and was really blown away.

Aloha Obama !!!!
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                We in the "Tiki Community" are wondering when the "Aloha President" will put a Tiki Bar in the Whitehouse.
                Ask!!! Looks like you have a coupla choices. Try both!
                comments@whitehouse.gov and
                http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

The White House's web site has been updated. It appears President Obama is to become a community organizer on steroids!
                Man, I must have just missed this. My cable went out during the parade :-( and I missed alot of the festivities. I DID get to see the speech, and was really blown away.

Aloha Obama !!!!
                Take a look. Here's a short version of Punahou leading the inaug. parade yesterday and it includes the shakas...even from the Obama girls! Adorable.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihSKZuLYUE

Longer version but it's a video by someone who recorded the tv screen!!!:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUpKSQGbA4Y

Regardless, you'll get the drift!

Comment

Thanx SUE !
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Executive Order #10: Secretary of State must greet all foreign dignitaries with a Presidential Shaka Sign.

Can't believe a NYT journalist mistook a shaka sign for a "call me" gesture. Only Slick Willy does that.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Leno, during his monologue tonight, said the first thing Obama did during his first full day in office was to pardon Aretha Franklin's hat!

I sure hope someone markets a cheap knock-off of that hat 'cuz I really want one; really, really want one! Maybe I could start a competitive organization to the Red Hat Society! <g>

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I sure hope someone markets a cheap knock-off of that hat 'cuz I really want one; really, really want one!
                        It's already been done.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          It's already been done.
                          Well, yah, but I already referenced that knock-off in post #34! I wanna see that hat mass produced! I want it cheap enough that I can afford one! It could make Christmas 09 gift giving easy!

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                            Drank a few margies in honor of President Obama.
                            Didja find any Democrats willing to buy for ya? I'm sure you asked...

Comment

Yupperoo Leo. Ya gotta love Income Redistribution and those who support it.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I wanna see that hat mass produced!
                                Does the hat come in 31 flavors?

Comment

Working...
                                X