Political Hall Of Shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Hall Of Shame

Who's your pick for the politician who most shamed himself and his family with his extramarital affair?
    Bill Clinton (President-D)
    54.55%
    Newt Gingrich (Speaker Of The House-R)
    13.64%
    John Edwards (North Carolina Senator-D)
    0.00%
    Jim McGreevey (New Jersey Governor-D)
    4.55%
    Eliot Spitzer (New York Governor-D)
    0.00%
    David Vitter (Louisiana Senator-R)
    0.00%
    Larry Craig (Idaho Senator-R)
    22.73%
    Mark Foley (Florida Representative-R)
    4.55%
    John Ensign (Nevada Senator-R)
    0.00%
    Mark Sanford (South Carolina Governor-R)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Re: Political Hall Of Shame

Whatever happened to Gary Hart?
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; June 24, 2009, 07:36 PM. Reason: verb tense

Comment

Proven or rumored? If the latter, I may lean toward Ronald AND Nancy Reagan.

Comment

Re: Most "shamed" politician in a sex scandal?

Shame is shame in this situation, afaic, but I voted for Clinton because of the office he held when 'caught'!

Comment

I agree. And he told the biggest whopper of a lie, too....although you gotta give him credit for imagination and creativity.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Shame is shame in this situation, afaic, but I voted for Clinton because of the office he held when 'caught'!
            Kennedy isn't on the list but he was in office when "caught". It's just that back then the press didn't care or cover such things. Clinton's bad luck that the times went and changed on him.

Comment

You're right, Adri...not nearly as publicized as the internet hadn't yet been invented by Al Gore!

Comment

You're right, Adri...not nearly as publicized as the internet hadn't yet been invented by Al Gore!
                Hahaha you've made me smile tonight with that one!
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Does Jack Ryan count?

They say the scandal indirectly helped Obama become a Senator and therefore, President!

Comment

My vote for most disgraced would be Sen. Henry Hyde, R-Illionos, who, while doing the high and mighty morally superior act during the impeachment of President Clinton, was carrying on with a married woman, destroying her family. What grotesque hypocrisy.

And yet...One of the most interesting tours I ever did was FDR's Hyde Park estate. If you are ever in the area don't miss it. I discretely asked the tour guide if the rumors about FDR's escapades were true, she said in the old days in the neighborhood you could tell who he was..err..boinking by whose back door had a wheel chair ramp freshly installed by the Secret Service. Eisenhower had affairs. So did Einstein. The sex compartment of our brains is only one part of our personalities but it is incredibly insistent in getting its way, especially for men.

Comment

Where's the box for "all of the above plus several dozen more"?

My vote is not for Clinton although I am not defending him. My vote is for any politician that stands for virtuous family values, moral evangelical Christian rectitude, and critical condemnation of others........but not for himself.

"If the Republicans will stop telling lies about us, we'll stop telling the truth about them." ~ Adlai Stevenson, 1953
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Where's Ted Kennedy?

Comment

I voted foa Bill too. Wait. Didn't he say it wasn't SEX?

Auntie P.
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Interesting point - there seem to be no women caught up in these politics+sex scandals.

If the sexual life of a political candidate is a factor in how you judge them, perhaps we need to dramatically increase the number of women elected to higher office.

Comment

He said he never had "sexual intercourse" with that woman. Talk about nitpicking! and I voted for him both times. As far as I'm concerned, he did his job as president. Anything else was Hillary's problem, not mine. There is so much worse things going on in the world than a man of power who can't keep his pants zipped.

Gov. Sanford was VERY reckless by not only disappearing for a few days, but actually leaving the country without informing his staff. The people of South Carolina should be demanding his resignation right now. Again, his having an affair is not my concern - his not taking care of business and doing what he was elected to do is a problem.

I doubt we'll have any scandals here in Hawaii for the next couple of years anyway.

BTW - I voted for Newt in the poll. He not only had the affair, but served divorce papers on his wife while she was in hospital being treated for cancer! Now that's shameful!
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X