Re: It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=799215

Alrightee then!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
    Pew recently issued a report on how much "news" was actually editorial comment, and of the big 3, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Fox did surprisingly well:
    MSNBC doesn't promote themselves as being "fair and balanced." Faux Gnus "news" is always slanted to a particular view. Their "gnus" is in fact is all "editorial comment" and frequently incorrect. The Pew survey is slanted and therefore is not "news."

Rachel Maddow gives the best in-depth analysis of political issues on television.

Leave a comment:

• GregLee
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    I thought that Fox News and the Tea Party belong to the same gangbang.
    Pew recently issued a report on how much "news" was actually editorial comment, and of the big 3, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Fox did surprisingly well:
    A separate analysis of cable in late 2012 finds that, over all, commentary and opinion are far more prevalent on the air (63% of the airtime) than straight news reporting (37%). CNN is the only channel to offer more reporting (54%) than opinion (46%), though by a small margin. By far the highest percentage of opinion and commentary is on MSNBC (85% to 15% reporting). Fox was in between at 55% commentary and 45% reporting.
    http://stateofthemedia.org/2013/over.../key-findings/
    Last edited by GregLee; March 25, 2013, 07:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://now.msn.com/tea-party-boycott...ng-too-liberal

I thought that Fox News and the Tea Party belong to the same gangbang.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

There was a quantum shift when some regulations re the airwaves/speech were removed years back, I can't recall the name of it right now but that's where the jump in negatives started, they couldn't get away with it before that.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

I think America's descent into hateful antagonistic politics and the failed congress dates from Fox and the talk radio industry pitching soooo much BS and personal hatred. Funny a single industry, actually just a handful of rich owners, would get so much power, the power to sink the country just to boost their own ratings & profits.

Leave a comment:

• lensperson
    replied

Those gentlemen are in the grip of of a Faustian pair
    of claws.

Know the truth ,that's one thing.

Publish it and the main stream media will cut your balls off.
    Sorry, that's just how it is.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Hannity knows he's a just whiney shill on his best day, and after the 2nd Obama smackdown of the conjobs he now knows he and his fellow lying sacks are completely irrelevant, he couldn't even muster up a fight against Ellison who was factual but pretty weak in his assaults. I would kill myself if I were Sean Hannity.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

And, where did I get the idea that they were the FAUX news network??????

Matapule? Or someone else?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...-politics.html

A stretcher match! A stretcher match! No one leaves the squared circle unless it's on a stretcher.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?ne...cid=rr-tv-news

Who's going to talk stink about the Clintons now?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...us-153051.html

They should have kept Glen Beck.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...162809206.html

Did they use a fact checker to get Bababoweed?

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied
    Not all FOXES are foxy?

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Matapule doesn't necessarily agree with that 'broad brush" assumption. That's like saying that you assume all professional athletes use steroids just because they are world record holders.
    That's what matapule is trying to do......point out when an organization involved in distributing the news as "fair and balanced" deliberately falsifies that news to suit some agenda, but you have to want to be enlightened first.
    Oh, I do, and I thank you.

Actually with me it's more a mixture of deep-seated distrust of power (paranoia? - that's the word they use to disempower), experience with news organizations, and knowledge of human nature and the power of money.

You have however enlightened me to, at least, a matter of degrees among news agencies: some may be worse, some better. But I still trust none of them (though I do sometimes blindly pass their propaganda along).

K.
    Last edited by Kaonohi; November 25, 2009, 11:28 AM. Reason: Fee, fie, faux, frum

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    If you have examples of other networks using video footage that IS NOT of the event reported, please post them.
    What about using fake/photoshopped pictures of a public figure, without identifying them as such?

Hellooooo, MSNBC.

Yeah, I know. Those fake pics of Caribou Barbie have been around for over a year. And the Letterman-esque Top 10 was clearly an attempt at finding some humor over the resurgence of Palin-mania, coming on the heels of her new book. But was it wise for MSNBC to throw in those two photoshopped pictures of the former Alaskan governor without identifying them as such after some of MSNBC's own (like oh, Keith Olbermann) earlier raked FOX News over the coals for misrepresenting file footage?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X