Are Mom and Pop smoking pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Mom and Pop smoking pot?

think of all the farmers in the Midwest it could put back into work.

Having lived in Amsterdam for a while, I have a very liberal stance on this. I agree with the legalize/tax/profit mentality. Why not? It isn't crack/meth.
    By legalizing, they essentially made it unpopular too, there was no taboo associated to it, so the locals/kids had very little interest, it was what it as. Kids shrugged it off as common place. In the U.S. of A., you put a label on anything that is "taboo" and people line up out the door.

Compare booze to pakololo, the side effects/death rate/related accidents/etc, then question why the gov't is pushing the last legal vice left.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Mom and Pop Are smoking pot (for real!)

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I've been preaching this for 40 years and I'm not, and never have been, a user/smoker/toker/whatever!
      ttSue, you are an angel for this generation. A voice crying from the wilderness, et al....

I don't know how you got so smart,so quick, but I Wish it upon all our 'learners.'

^Thank you!

K
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I am in favor of legalization, but one thing bothers me. If everyone started growing their own, it will be easily accessible to children. Not knowing better, they will experiment and abuse it. I'm not just thinking of protecting children, but also homeowner's liability. Is the homeowner liable if a neighbor child goes into their garden, steals marijuana, gets high, stumbles and falls and gets seriously injured?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
          [...]
          I don't know how you got so smart,so quick, but I Wish it upon all our 'learners.'[...]
          It has nuthin' to do with being smart, K. I lived in Laguna Beach during the time Timothy Leary did and Laguna is a very small town! Pot was the least of anyone's worries!!! Altho' I didn't indulge, I observed. My conclusion was/is that pot is no worse than alcohol and alcohol is legal. Both can be abused, of course, and that comes with inherent problems. But why is one legal and the other isn't? Legalize pot and tax the hell out of it!! Not only will it take the mystique and thrill out of it, it'll add to the tax coffers.
          Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
          I am in favor of legalization, but one thing bothers me. If everyone started growing their own, it will be easily accessible to children. Not knowing better, they will experiment and abuse it. I'm not just thinking of protecting children, but also homeowner's liability. Is the homeowner liable if a neighbor child goes into their garden, steals marijuana, gets high, stumbles and falls and gets seriously injured?
          Sharilyn, most children have access to their parents' liquor cabinets (with some access more difficult than others)...or the fridge full of beer, wine or both. And, yes, children young and old have experimented and abused booze.

Personally, if pot were legalized, I'd be in favor of controls over growing it and selling it...much like tobacco and alcohol. Gotta have a license to grow alcohol!

Comment

This video on YouTube is one of matapule's favorites. The video is a classic and watch at to the end for the "punch line." Matapule's persona is in this video, but it will be up to you to guess which one.

BTW, this post is completely on topic.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

We debated this topic endlessly in my Drugs and Alcohol class (yes, that was actually a class- I;m majoring in substance abuse). The end consensus? Meth is bad. Crack is bad. Coke is bad. Weed is not. I could go into all of the neurotransmitters and parts of the brain each drug effects, but it bascially boils down to- weed causes MINIMAL damage compared to other drugs and binge drinking. In fact, binge drinking can cause brain damage (and binge drinking is defined as consuming more than 5 drinks in an evening for a man, 4 more a woman) and all other kinds of bad things. But that's still legal. Whatever. Leaglization will never happen because the pearl-clutchers hear "marijuana" and freak out.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I hate marijuana for the same reason I hate regular cigarettes; it has a horrible smell that seeps into everything you own, and then you go into school reeking of marijuana and no way are the teachers going to believe it was your parents smoking and not you, especially when you accidentally put your mom's coat on one morning and find she left a joint in the pocket.

In the back of my mind I realize it's not as terrible a thing as some people make it out to be, and that legalizing it would probably be a good thing. And yet, I can't help but hate everything --smoking, drinking, pot-- that my parents were involved with during that traumatic attempt at raising me.

I had a roommate who was a law student. Really nice, intelligent girl, not the stereotypical loser pot head, but she did smoke from time to time. I knew, she knew I knew, but she kept it out of my sight, and I appreciated that.

If you wanna drink, smoke, get high, whatever. Go for it. But I don't want to hear about it. And no I won't lend you money to buy weed. I don't care if it's your birthday.
                Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                  And yet, I can't help but hate everything --smoking, drinking, pot
                  SophieLyn, no need to apologize. People would have a lot more money left in their pocket if they agreed with you. You're a girl after matapule's heart.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Cannabis is just a plant, and we bend it with our laws and paranoias in to some absurdity, when its an excellent medical plant.

Its good for arthritis, for aching joints, for headaches, and grumpiness;
                    it should be the state cash crop - and the green patrol no longer the state bird. The puerile prohibitions of a failed drugs war need redressing.

If you get the right bud for what ails ya, pakalolo is a benevolent goddess,
                    and its about time it was commonly available. I wonder if it were legal,
                    whether people would even bother with heavier drugs at all. If holland
                    is any example, it looks like legalization is the way.

Good for mom and dad if they have a secret garden;
                    bless all the pot smokers out there in the world,
                    may they all get good smoke this solstice;
                    chillin' in the blue green waves of profundity.

Comment

Originally posted by ulluullu View Post
                      Its good for arthritis, for aching joints, for headaches, and grumpiness;.
                      That means 100% of the population over 60 should be smoking joints!
                      Last edited by matapule; December 7, 2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Aye Matapule; they probably all should.

Pity the poor souls who're too moral, brainwashed or uptight to discover the joys of a jay.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          That means 100% of the population over 60 should be smoking joints!
                          I think their joints are already smoking! Mine at 50 are smoldering right now
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I think their joints are already smoking! Mine at 50 are smoldering right now
                            So...you're telling us that you are "going to pot," CW?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              So...you're telling us that you are "going to pot," CW?
                              Oh man I walked right into that one (rim shot please). Yeah at some point I think I really would need a handicapped parking placard. Imagine a mortise and a pestle. That's my knees, absolutely no cartilage between the joints.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                                That's my knees, absolutely no cartilage between the joints.
                                C it could be worse, lots of cartilage between the ears!

Comment

Working...
                                X