Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona congresswoman shot

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    That's part of it. But, how many citizens, with or without guns, in that situation (a crowd, big or small) won't be impacted by confusion and fear? It's more than likely way to difficult to determine, esp. when one's adrenaline level has gone from 0 to 1000 in a couple of seconds, who *exactly* is the gunman. If concealed gun carriers who are law abiding citizens drew their guns...well...the picture is painfully obvious.

Ron, see my post #112 above. That wasn't even a crowd. The adrenaline level of the 8 people involved was palpable. I shudder to think how it would've turned out if guns were involved.
    Excellent points. GOOD thinking.

Numerous untrained concealed carry individuals in this type of situation is counter-productive. In an airline incident, it could save numerous lives (possibly), but disarming a perp is the first best solution, if it is possible.

Obviously, disarming the populace is NOT the answer, because hundreds of cases every month come in where an armed citizen protected self and family by being armed him/her self. Of course you won't hear about these on FoxLeftNews.

There are those who protest against Psych profiles before allowing issuance of firearms - I'm not joining them. I am all for psych profiling before issuance, and against global disarmament because a person is a US Veteran with hypervigilance (One manifestation of PTSD, so if you notice too may things you are disarmed, as I was). Our combat vets are probably our best chance at a militia to protect the country, trained as we are, but now we are second-class citizens. Relegated to 'tolerated slave' status.

If we approached weapons issuance with the same logic as we did all other things, this would not be a problem. However, the Brady-Bunch comedy hour has infused all our logic with fear units, and guilt probes, so that if you are for civil rights re: the 2nd amendment, you must be a criminal.

What a mixed-up world. I'm glad I'm old enough to not see how this plays out. Your fear of guns will come back and bite you in the ass. From my grave I will laugh at you.
    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
    ~ ~
    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

TS, you were lucky to survive, and luck runs out sooner or later. If one or all in your group hadn't been so fortunate I'll bet you'd wish you could have changed it, and guns may have been the deciding factor. I've stared death in the face without protection too many times, things need to change in favor of lawful folk. Those punks all need to be gone, how many others have they accosted/murdered? This state has plenty of murderers walking around, plenty.

Yes, with guns widely available there will be mistakes that equal tragedy, but those are minimal and eventually the bad guys get the message once their numbers start decreasing. It's a tuff price, and it sux, but I'm willing to do it in the face of what is happening every day. We're already losing innocent lives big time, guns will reduce that number overall.

I want to be able to defend myself and live to see the next day, why others don't is beyond my understanding.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        I want to be able to defend myself and live to see the next day, why others don't is beyond my understanding.
        Because many of us still believe that the concept of non-violence is of higher value than self-interest (and that the two do not have to be mutually exclusive).

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Because many of us still believe that the concept of non-violence is of higher value than self-interest (and that the two do not have to be mutually exclusive).
          Leo, that is a concept that can't be explained to those who don't understand.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Non-violence and saving your life are both worthy ideals, hopefully we all can live the former without the latter being needed before luck runs out.
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It could be a defense of a position - i.e., "If I die by a gunshot, it is more evidence for my position that guns are 'evil.'

Perhaps some do not wish to live in a society where guns are necessary for self-protection. I can't imagine, either.

I'm a Darwinist: survival of the fittest. If one does not wish to preserve one's life, perhaps they are fit to be 'weeded out.'

I know the police are NOT here to protect me, but to catch any perps who kill me. Thanks a lot! I'll take steps to protect myself, thank you.
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

From a friend of mine on Facebook.

To say guns kill people is the same as saying pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons cause obesity.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

It's time to market individual force fields like they have in science fiction.

Comment

I have yet to see your apology to Frankie. C'mon, just do it.

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    It could be a defense of a position - i.e., "If I die by a gunshot, it is more evidence for my position that guns are 'evil.'
                    That's absurd.

Perhaps some do not wish to live in a society where guns are necessary for self-protection. I can't imagine, either.
                    It was John Lennon who composed Imagine.

I'm a Darwinist: survival of the fittest. If one does not wish to preserve one's life, perhaps they are fit to be 'weeded out.'
                    I'm a survivalist - survival of the smartest. I am the Chickweed of the human race.

I know the police are NOT here to protect me, but to catch any perps who kill me. Thanks a lot! I'll take steps to protect myself, thank you.
                    I hope you never have to protect yourself but if you do, that your weapon is not used against you.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      From a friend of mine on Facebook.

To say guns kill people is the same as saying pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons cause obesity.
                      What you friend didn't tell you is that it is a "yin and yang" relationship between the items listed.

Comment

Please explain Mata. I don't understand what you are saying there.

Items listed have no relation to each other.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Leo, that is a concept that can't be explained to those who don't understand.
                          Won't stop us from trying, will it, brah?

Comment

What you friend didn't tell you is that it is a "yin and yang" relationship between the items listed.
                            Please explain Mata. I don't understand what you are saying there.

Tools and their users have had an interdependent relationship since earthly life began developing them. Can a carpenter build a house with no tools? Can those tools build a house without a carpenter?

Comment

Better than trying to ask questions from the grave, no?
                              Shoot an innocent person, and you'll be asking your questions from a cell with a lot of concrete, iron bars, and a bunkmate named Bubba.

Tools and their users have had an interdependent relationship since earthly life began developing them. Can a carpenter build a house with no tools? Can those tools build a house without a carpenter?
                              Wow, some new things to think about..... if one is willing to open their minds.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

You can't shoot a person if you don't have a gun, you can't drive drunk if you don't own a car, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X