Penn State Child Abuse Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State Child Abuse Scandal

Sure, he put in the years, but in light of the allegations, and criminal convictions, one would think there would be something in the contract to negate the terms. It's a slap in the face of the victims to see him collect a pension, almost a reward at this point, and it doesn't send a positive message.

While a lot of the law fees, and costs aren't made public, and sure as Ron hit on earlier, it will take a toll on the financial outcome, it is just ridiculous to think that he will receive financial compensation/pension/retirement/wtf ever you want to call it. . .

While I do feel for his family, there were also suggestions made that his wife was aware for the abuse, and said nothing. If that IS the case, then I don't feel bad if she doesn't get a penny.

What a s*%t show. . .
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      Yes. "Kutz said Penn State's hands also are tied because Sandusky's pension is a binding contract. 'I don't think Penn State could do anything if they wanted to,' he told WHTM.And if that's not enough to anger residents of Pennsylvania, Bremner said, they should know Sandusky's pension is partially funded by taxpayers. 'A $148K lump sum and over $50K a year for life or for [his wife] Dottie's life, if she survives him,' Bremner told HuffPost."
      If he receives a pension, I wonder if it will be subject to garnishment, should there be successful civil case findings against him; in other words, perhaps Penn State will (indirectly) be paying his victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        If he receives a pension, I wonder if it will be subject to garnishment, should there be successful civil case findings against him; in other words, perhaps Penn State will (indirectly) be paying his victims.
        According to the above story, I think it would actually be the taxpayers (indirectly) paying his victims.
        Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

The statue of Joe Paterno at Penn State has to come down.

Comment

The Louis Freeh report on the Penn State-Sandusky case says Paterno and others showed a callous disregard for the welfare of the victims. Why? I do not understand why people stand up for, defend, abusers. This goes as much for the Catholic hierarchy or the hierarchy of any church or any institution as it does for Penn State. Why? Sending abusing priests to unsuspecting parishes is despicable, its only a little better than paroling mass murderers into unsuspecting neighborhoods. Should the Paterno statue come down, and the library at Penn State drop his name? For me, yes. His name was taken off the child care center at Nike. That seems pretty appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
              Sending abusing priests to unsuspecting parishes is despicable, its only a little better than paroling mass murderers into unsuspecting neighborhoods.
              Que the forum's twister clowns to fubar your words into something far beyond what you obviously are saying.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
                The Louis Freeh report on the Penn State-Sandusky case says Paterno and others showed a callous disregard for the welfare of the victims. Why? I do not understand why people stand up for, defend, abusers. This goes as much for the Catholic hierarchy or the hierarchy of any church or any institution as it does for Penn State. Why? Sending abusing priests to unsuspecting parishes is despicable, its only a little better than paroling mass murderers into unsuspecting neighborhoods. Should the Paterno statue come down, and the library at Penn State drop his name? For me, yes. His name was taken off the child care center at Nike. That seems pretty appropriate.

Agreed, 100%
                flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                  Que the forum's twister clowns to fubar your words into something far beyond what you obviously are saying.
                  Not much to misinterpret there, Ron.
                  flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                  God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                    Not much to misinterpret there, Ron.
                    Don't let that stop you.

Comment

Guess the time has come for me to add a name to my "ignore" list. Constant baiting is not the type of postings I want to waste my time on.

Comment

Guess the time has come for me to add a name to my "ignore" list. Constant baiting is not the type of postings I want to waste my time on.
                        Too much time has passed for me to edit, so I'll just add a comment to TATTRAT, "avoid taking the bait".

Comment

Too much time has passed for me to edit, so I'll just add a comment to TATTRAT, "avoid taking the bait".
                          I hear ya, and I am not going to engage the weak attempts to stroke ones ego...

only reason this reply is so long, is because it's required to be more than 10 characters.

here is my intended response:

flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                          God

Comment

It wasn't bait, it was chum, for chumps.

Comment

Joe Paterno gave one of the nominating speeches for President George H.W. Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention. He also spoke at length at the Bush-Cheney campaign rally at York PA on July 9, 2004. Jerry Sandusky was a strong supporter of the failed presidential campaign of Rick Santorum. Former Senator Santorum was even nominating Sandusky for various awards even after the scandal was beginning to be made public.

The problem with the Republican Party is that they seek to win elections by drowning the political landscape in moralistic claptrap. For Republicans what people give lip service to is all important. What they actually do is irrelevant.

Comment

If Jesus suddenly reappeared today, republicans would immediately contact a serious case of Bible flu and hide under the covers en mass.

Comment

Working...
                                X