Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where'd R defenders go?

they took their ball and went home.

Realizing that debating politics, is like pissing in the wind. . .you will get it out, but it's not worth what ya get on ya.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

OH, and, when I first joined, this was a site full of aloha, local knowledge, local love, and a willingness to share those qualities with a "soon to be local", AKA, ME, and it had NOTHING to to with global politics. . .local politics, sure, and that was also a learning point, but certainly, there wasn't a IN YOUR FACE political thing going on.

I came to hear folk talk story, I was welcomed with Aloha and compassion, I sat back, I listened, I learned, I made the BEST out of my experience in the jewel that so many get to call home, and I stayed with the forum, as I feel like I have some e-ohana here.

I don't wanna come here and hear about all the shit that clogs the DC/nations airwaves. . .not that I don't care, I just don't thing that HT was a platform for National Political Debate. It's certainly not that I don't care, I just don't want that shit beat down my head. It gets too heated, and too one sided, and NOTHING gets accomplished.

You do for you, no worries from me.

I love you all.

Just my $.02.

I am not saying that now, HT is NOT full of those "Core Values" that I was first humbled by, and then learned from, then embraced, then understood, because it is certainly still here, but sometimes, some folk just don't wanna get involved in the B.S.
      flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        I don't wanna come here and hear about all the shit that clogs the DC/nations airwaves. . .not that I don't care, I just don't thing that HT was a platform for National Political Debate.
        My point is that this decision should be up to Admin. They could put it into the rules of the Forum that national politics debate is verbotin. I would also like him to ban discussion of the rail system too, because it is devisive. Let's add a prohibition of discussion on the smoking ban too. Gosh, I would love a ban on the discusion of personal guns!

What it boils down to is that we get to click on the topics that interest us. Many topics and some posters don't interest me so I don't click on the subject line and I don't get embroiled in or frustrated with subjects that don't interest me.

You don't have to click on every subject that comes up. The intent of THIS subject line is pretty obvious. "Ignore" is a positive tactical strategy if you don't want to get involved or are not interested.

Now let's get back to Tat's Mac & Cheez recipe; something that most of us can agree on. Anything related to the Irish has to have some redeeming social value! By the way, the Tongans who lived in Vava'u, the northern island region of Tonga where matapule and uaifi lived, were referred to the Irishmen of the South Pacific. The reasons for this reference is the stuff of a whole 'nother thread. !Maalie!
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

If the hellacious political climate didn't affect our daily lives in major ways, mostly negatively, then mentioning it would be mostly a passive affair and we'd all be lovey dovey all the time. But the partisan devide has become so deep, wide, and unreconcilable thanx to extreme views held by 1/3 of the voting nation that it's nearly unavoidable. But every forum has the availability to select topics or ignore. Where are all the hearts full of Aloha these days that used to be frequent? HT is a dead zone, and it's not due to the bypassable political section. The initial thrill of online forums has become passe across the board with but a few exceptions.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            My point is that this decision should be up to Admin. They could put it into the rules of the Forum that national politics debate is verbotin. I would also like him to ban discussion of the rail system too, because it is devisive. Let's add a prohibition of discussion on the smoking ban too. Gosh, I would love a ban on the discusion of personal guns!

What it boils down to is that we get to click on the topics that interest us. Many topics and some posters don't interest me so I don't click on the subject line and I don't get embroiled in or frustrated with subjects that don't interest me.

You don't have to click on every subject that comes up. The intent of THIS subject line is pretty obvious. "Ignore" is a positive tactical strategy if you don't want to get involved or are not interested.

Now let's get back to Tat's Mac & Cheez recipe; something that most of us can agree on. Anything related to the Irish has to have some redeeming social value! By the way, the Tongans who lived in Vava'u, the northern island region of Tonga where matapule and uaifi lived, were referred to the Irishmen of the South Pacific. The reasons for this reference is the stuff of a whole 'nother thread. !Maalie!

I certainly agree. I understand where you are coming from, and respect that. My "freedom to click", is just like my freedom to reply. Sometimes, the friendly banter is great, it's certainly insightful, and I suppose it may be best for people like me to just spectate.

I guess I am more better to offer things on subjects I am far more comfortable with, like some ono grindz.
            flickr

An email from God:

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              When it comes to the worst of the worst of the all-time worst of my lifetime, I love making the truth really hurt.
              As they say, one person's truth is another person's biased conclusion merely based on experience and oftentimes masked by perception.

But what the hey? If you can't understand that, then more power to ya, Ron. There's nothing for you to debate in this forum. Thus, the trend I've been observing here as of late, where you start threads that no one bothers replying to.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

By the way, the Tongans who lived in Vava'u, the northern island region of Tonga where matapule and uaifi lived, were referred to the Irishmen of the South Pacific. The reasons for this reference is the stuff of a whole 'nother thread. !Maalie!
                And I will click on that thread, garans!

Comment

Due to the president being half-black????

You gotta be kidding me. How about due to the president being an incompetent poseur?
                  (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!)

I believe in the Constitution, and particularly in the Bill of Rights, all 10 of them.

I like freedom, and neither the Reps or the Dems have been going in that direction since 1968. I spit on both halves of the republican democratic party. They are traitors.

Our "defenders" are underground, and waiting for the right time and place. If they can't do it legally, they will do it however they need to.

Our current government is no longer a government "of, by and for the people." Duh. If I stop posting suddenly, you will know my statement is true!

Our defenders are YOU! Each and every one of you. Decide what you want America to be, and work toward that:

"GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE, OF THE PEOPLE, AND FOR THE PEOPLE!"

If we are not there, it is OUR responsibility to get us there ASAP!

Pray.
                  Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                  ~ ~
                  Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                  Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                  Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    As they say, one person's truth is another person's biased conclusion merely based on experience and oftentimes masked by perception.
                    But what the hey? If you can't understand that, then more power to ya, Ron. There's nothing for you to debate in this forum. Thus, the trend I've been observing here as of late, where you start threads that no one bothers replying to.
                    Care to back any of that insipid blather with facts?

Comment

The point is that although the political tension exists... guess maybe some (lots) of folks have grown tired of it on HawaiiThreads?

Even a moderate of mostly democrat leaning isn't in to the depravity the topic has become of late. Republicans are too far right and Democrats have become too far left.

Not into anti-anything anymore... how 'bout a true positive of 'good' planning for the future. Too much to ask?
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                        My "freedom to click", is just like my freedom to reply. Sometimes, the friendly banter is great, it's certainly insightful, and I suppose it may be best for people like me to just spectate.

I guess I am more better to offer things on subjects I am far more comfortable with, like some ono grindz.
                        There is a lot of wisdom in the quote above. Be healed my friend.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          Where are all the hearts full of Aloha these days that used to be frequent? HT is a dead zone, and it's not due to the bypassable political section. The initial thrill of online forums has become passe across the board with but a few exceptions.
                          This is a good question. Where are those that have always lived in the islands, love them so much, and posted frequently in the past? Where is Auntie these days? Where are the other old time posters? Why are the hibiscus all grey? Everyone of us has the opportunity to start a subject of interest to us and hopefully of interest to others. It doesn't have to be political. It is easy to point the finger at someone for participating in the political discussion, but that person pointing the finger has the opportunity to start a subject that is something other than political.

My fear is that the political climate in the US (which includes Hawai'i) has become so toxic that lines have been drawn to the point that if you don't agree with someone's politics you won't even agree with their viewpoint on Mac & Cheez because of their politics. That is a shame! The result is that someone who criticizes others for making political posts has the opportunity not to participate, not to read those posts, and (I am not shouting by capitalizing but to emphasize) START A SUBJECT THAT THEY THINK IS MORE POSITIVE AND WOULD BE OF WIDER INTEREST TO OTHER HT MEMBERS. IF someone is feeling "beat up" because a majority of those posting have a different viewpoint, then DON'T participate in that subject and start a subject where they get more agreement with their viewpoint.

Nuf said.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                            The point is that although the political tension exists... guess maybe some (lots) of folks have grown tired of it on HawaiiThreads?
                            And the fact they are tired of HT can be blamed on National Politics? Maybe they are tired of HT because they have developed other interests.

Not into anti-anything anymore... how 'bout a true positive of 'good' planning for the future. Too much to ask?
                            It is not too much to ask if you are willing to lead us there. MM keep posting on your experiences in the 808 and people will keep reading, even if they have nothing to add in a post.

This thread (not MM's post) is a perfect example of how some people like to come to the party and cut a big fart in the middle of the gathering. It is probably never going to change.

Comment

Republicans are too far right and Democrats have become too far left.
                              Show me one example of left extremities that equals anything on the long list of righty nasty insanity.

This thread (not MM's post) is a perfect example of how some people like to come to the party and cut a big fart in the middle of the gathering.
                              I thot you said... "nuff said". Welcome back to the fartin' party!

Comment

Republicans are too far right and Democrats have become too far left.
                                That's funny, because one of my complaints about the Democratic Party of today is that I feel they are too far RIGHT - that the party has tried too hard to play the Republican game and has left behind the traditional support base in order to win at all costs. But that's just my take; MM's view is not "wrong," just different from mine.

And the fact they are tired of HT can be blamed on National Politics? Maybe they are tired of HT because they have developed other interests.
                                Many, many discussion boards have seen a drop-off in traffic in recent years - people have gravitated to Facebook instead. Ah, well.

Comment

Working...
                                X