Nat. drug shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat. drug shortage

Just heard again about legal drugs very often not being available, even in emergency situations, and it all stems from the garbage ass manufacturers not providing producing because there isn't a huge enuf profit margin and they want to gouge to do it. Scum!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Nat. drug shortage

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Just heard again about legal drugs very often not being available, even in emergency situations, and it all stems from the garbage ass manufacturers not providing producing because there isn't a huge enuf profit margin and they want to gouge to do it. Scum!

Some of the cancer fighting drugs, and anti-inflammatory drugs I have been taking, have been, and are now under a shortage. Colchocine, that went for years on the market, un patented, has now been purchased by big pharma, HAS been patented, and will be released at seriously 3X what I was paying(mind you, with insurance)and has jumped from a $20 refill, to a $60 refill. That adds up. Especially when I am already dishing out about $360 a month in meds alone.

In the news, methotrexte, of which I had been doing a shot a week, is now bumped to pills. . .it is the same dosage, just taken orally, but the reason I was moved to injections was because the pills they started me on, the side effects were horrible, eating away the lining of my stomach, a LOT of nausea, and basically feeling like I had the worst case of the flu for 3 days after dosage. . .injections helped, because I could at least hold water down, and keep flushing my system.

Big pharma seems to head in the wrong direction, screwing people that actually NEED these god damned chemicals/drugs, and screwing everyone they can, all for the sake of the almighty dollar. . . . not like it's anything new, but it still doesn't say anything positive for them, and their "ethics".
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Re: Nat. drug shortage

Add to the discussion that many of the drug prices in Canada are much less than in the US. Of course, some of the Canadian drugs are manufactured "overseas", and there is concern that the ingredients /dosage might not be comparable to US drugs. This is especially true for drugs that are available in a generic form in Canada that are not generic here.

But still, you know there is some fancy footwork with the price markup of US drugs when you look at the price comparisons between our prices and Canadian prices.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
      X