Nat. rush ads suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat. rush ads suspended

Look's like the heat is being turned up on ol' bacon butt, at least for 2 weeks http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/...for-two-weeks/

But, as he snorted the other day to his dittless followers, "don't worry, everything's cool!".
    Yes, it's getting cooler and cooler. Maybe he'll be put on ice after all.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Nat. rush ads suspended

An internal memo is listing over 140 sponsors dropping ads from the show, including:

21st Century Insurance • Hotels.com • Rite Aid • Ace Hardware • Honda • Robitussin • Acura • IBM • Sam Adams • Advance Auto Parts • Icy Hot • Sam’s Club • Advil (All products) • Intuit/Small Business • Schiff – Digestive Advantage • Alacer/Emergen-C • Schiff – Mega Red • Allegra (all products) • Johnson & Johnson (All Brands) • Schiff – Move Free • Kohl’s • Schiff – Sustenex • Ally Bank • La Quinta • Scotts Miracle-Gro (all products) • American Express • Lifetime • Autozone • Little Caesars • Sony • Lowe’s • State Farm • British Petroleum • Luxottica • Staples • Bullfrog Sunblock • Macy’s • Sterling/Kay Jared Jewelers • Caltrate • MasterCard • Subway • Centrum • McDonalds • Takeda Uloric • Chapstick • Midas • The Home Depot • Clorox (Pinesol/Homecare) • Napa Auto Parts • ThermaCare • Cortizone • National Realtor • Toyota • DeVry • NBC-TV • Discover Card • Office Depot • Twinings of London • Domino’s Pizza • Office Max • Tyson/Wright Brand Bacon • Exxon/Exxon Mobil • One Main Financial • Unisom • Farmers Insurance • United Healthcare • Ford • Orkin • U.S. Army • Outback • U. S. Postal Service • General Motors (All products -GM Certified Service • Chevy • Onstar • Cadillac • etc) • Preparation H • Visa • Gold Bond (all products • ProNutrients (all products) • Walgreens • Grainger • Progressive Insurance • Wal-Mart • Green Mountain Coffee • Prudential • Wells Fargo • Hallmark • Radio Shack • Wrigley • H&R Block • Rent-A-Center • Yahoo!

Details here.

Comment

Today the squealer was suddenly on the golf course instead of poking his snout into the golden mic, maybe he'll be spending a lot more time off air, as the kinder/gentler liar, Mike Huckabee is scheduled to be filling some of those hours.

Comment

has anyone actually listened to his show and heard ads from any of these companies? it seems like there are a very large amount of sponsors. I'm not doubting at all - just a bit curious.

The reason I ask is because I have spoken to several of the companies listed and they don't advertise on his show. They advertise on the network, but not his show.
        Last edited by anapuni808; March 12, 2012, 10:16 PM.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

There's always products that are addictive who will sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            [...]
            The reason I ask is because I have spoken to several of the companies listed and they don't advertise on his show. They advertise on the network, but not his show.
            Disclaimer! I have NO knowledge of radio but I'll weigh in anyway! I wonder if ads are run on a "rotary" (I think that's what it's called). IOW, they're uploaded and air, one after another, wherever they fall within the station's programming. And, possibly, the ad time costs are less money that way vs buying time on a particular show. I could ask my daughter but she's way too busy right now...buying media time!!!

Also, it would seem to me, if so many of these previously mentioned advertisers are buying on the network, rather than just Limbaugh's show, then pulling their ads will financially impact the network beyond Limbaugh. That works for me!

What say you, radio people?! Please correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              pulling their ads will financially impact the network beyond Limbaugh.
              That's why his huff and puff blather about 'so what, we'll replace them' is funny, he has no say in the matter and will be decided dispite him. He's looking at a real danger of losing the battle, and with his continuing nastiness against women (and the men that luv'm), even today with the "nags" BS, is digging his own grave. Go rush go!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Also, it would seem to me, if so many of these previously mentioned advertisers are buying on the network, rather than just Limbaugh's show, then pulling their ads will financially impact the network beyond Limbaugh. That works for me!
                I sort of agree with you but I hesitate to think that harming the whole network which in turn would harm other programs which are possibly more "benign" (for want of a better word) is the best way to go. On the other hand, if the network sees the sense in keeping its advertisers, it may decide to get rid of Limbaugh on its own. Same result, less damage to other programs and the network as a whole.

When all this first came up, I called Netflix which is a company that I have an account with. I spoke to one of their marketing people and he assured me that their ads do NOT play on Limbaugh's show. If anyone here has ever heard one on the show - I would really like to know so that I can call them back. Also, I spoke to Stamps.com, another company that I have an account with. They DO advertise on the SHOW but have "suspended" their ad buys for now. I told them I would call back in several months to see what the status was before I consider cancelling my account.

What we all need to keep in mind is that as far as the network is concerned - these are all business decisions being made, based on profit & loss. They aren't thinking about politics or right/wrong issues. Its all about the bottom line.
                Last edited by anapuni808; March 13, 2012, 06:09 PM.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                X