The Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Election

I was pessimistic going in, but it turned out to be maybe the best election of my life. I would be sooooo glad to see the Republican party abandon its BS positions, its oppose Obama on everything stance, its anti women, anti immigrant, anti gay, anti latino, anti science etc, etc, positions and get back to being the kind of party it was with Eisenhower, Lindsay, McCall, etc. Obviously I am happy with the national results, if only the Democrats could have gotten control of the House, but IF the Republicans are serious about playing a responsible role now, this power split might work out, but they will have to act like grown ups and they have been petulant brats so long they might find it hard to abandon those habits. Locally, in SD, we have a Democratic mayor and may have finally unseated a total sell out to big business & polluters & insurance companies Republican and gotten a good progressive Democrat for congress, but the race is too close to call for now. Anyway, I thought it was a stunningly good election.

Re: The Election

The tea party faction has pulled the repub party underwater for the 3rd time...imnsho. It's in dire need of a lifeguard(s) with resuscitation equipment! Or, is it too late?

Comment

Locally, I can't believe Ben lost, how stupidly sad.
      Nationally, Michael Moore has a piece out today that is a good read, and one I hope Mr. 'Me So Lucky!' Obama takes fully to heart.
      This election was in the bag for the cons from the start, yet in these last years we watched them repeatedly get both barrels squared on their feet (or heads, if you prefer) and triggers pulled, giving libs yet another chance at pulling off the impossible. But it seems it took Mother Nature to step in with the perfect storm at the 11th hour and (easy) lessons learned by ObamaCo re Katrina to do the right things at the right time and garner a huge tide of consequential votes for BO due to his correct actions during this time. Without this one event we may have seen a different outcome, but there were many make or break moments along the bone-covered trail that could have decided this race for Dems or cons, and with the Supreme Court leanings hanging in the balance, this was decent America's last gasp at keeping the fight going, and it pulled it off. Hopefully, we can get at least 3 libs in the court and get some needed work done asap.
      BTW, I'm loving that asshole extremist conjob Alan West just won't accept that he's been put out with the cat. Bye bye, jerk!
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

And I am enjoying listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching Fox "news", more time exposed to them in the last 2 years than in the last 10, its fun!! Limbaugh especially: no, we must NOT accept Latinos, no, we must NOT allow women to control their own bodies, etc.

Comment

Every day I wake up in a large apartment complex occupied
          by hundreds of folks.

Despite the inevitable political differences of opinion, it is obvious that

we , as people , should help one another.

I would rather have some friends over for dinner than

argue.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
            Every day I wake up in a large apartment complex occupied by hundreds of folks.

Despite the inevitable political differences of opinion, it is obvious that
            we , as people , should help one another.
            I would rather have some friends over for dinner than argue.
            Lens, your innocent wisdom says more than all the buffoonery of either political party. I'm for your dinner party.

Republicans
            Democrats
            Dinners

I concur.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Better not invite me, arguing is my second favorite activity among friends, right behind cheating at cards and arrogant belittling.

[J/K - it's my favorite by a long shot.]

I am so glad we will not be presided by someone adhering to the imaginings of a conniving gypsy, to wit, Joseph Smith.
              Last edited by salmoned; November 14, 2012, 01:17 PM.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by lensperson View Post
                Despite the inevitable political differences of opinion, it is obvious that we, as people, should help one another. I would rather have some friends over for dinner than argue.
                That's just downright sweet.
                Greg

Comment

One of the Outer Limits spoke to this issue.

A space ship landed and the occupants were looking for something to eat.

Unfortunately they were quite walled off in a software garden fed

by cybernetic caves long forgotten

Comment

Working...
                  X