The impending war with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The impending war with Iran

Awwww those poor Lebanese, just hiding a few Hezbollah terrorists in a bomb shelter? Nope A hardened Silo? Nope A military base? Nope. Instead of those silly locales, they chose a hospital. Thats a great place for terrorists isn't it? Great place to hide weapons too.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm sure Miulang will fully support hospital/war machine combos. Kind of a shared overhead business arrangement huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
      Awwww those poor Lebanese, just hiding a few Hezbollah terrorists in a bomb shelter? Nope A hardened Silo? Nope A military base? Nope. Instead of those silly locales, they chose a hospital. Thats a great place for terrorists isn't it? Great place to hide weapons too.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm sure Miulang will fully support hospital/war machine combos. Kind of a shared overhead business arrangement huh?
      Why the hell do you think I would support something like that!? When you're in the health care business, you put politics aside when dealing with sick people. A sick person is a sick person, regardless of political inclinations. I am a health care professional. So what is Israel going to do with the prisoners they captured? Torture them, like we do? Besides, Kam, you put this in the wrong thread. You meant to put it in the Middle East thread, yes?

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; August 2, 2006, 07:09 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Why the hell do you think I would support something like that!? When you're in the health care business, you put politics aside when dealing with sick people. Miulang

Nice to read the early morning news and find that your poor oppressed kids from the religion of peace have indiscriminately fired 100s of rockets into cities and towns today.

Even hit one of your favorite "health care centers".

A Hezbollah rocket smashed into the eye department on the fourth floor of the surgical wing of the Western Galilee Hospital, near Nahariya in northern Israel on Friday, destroying the entire floor and causing more than $200,000 worth of damage.

Where's the outrage? Oh yeah, I forgot, outrage is only for the Israelis and Americans.

No problem gang, everybody keep moving, the middle east is fine. Go back to your jobs.

Allah Akbar!

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
          Nice to read the early morning news and find that your poor oppressed kids from the religion of peace have indiscriminately fired 100s of rockets into cities and towns today.

Even hit one of your favorite "health care centers".

Allah Akbar!
          Atah Lo Tzedek. Elokim Yerachem.
          Excellent Hebrew proverbs: "Who is the bravest hero? He who turns his enemy into a friend."

These three are the marks of a Jew - a tender heart, self-respect, and charity

Opinions founded on prejudice are always sustained with the greatest violence
          Last edited by Miulang; August 3, 2006, 03:15 PM.
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Spooky assessment of an impending war with Iran in next week's New Yorker Magazine by Seymour Hersh. Was the Israel-Lebanon conflict just a practice for the "big one" the White House is planning for Iran????

The United States and Israel have shared intelligence and enjoyed close military coöperation for decades, but early this spring, according to a former senior intelligence official, high-level planners from the U.S. Air Force—under pressure from the White House to develop a war plan for a decisive strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities—began consulting with their counterparts in the Israeli Air Force.

...“The big question for our Air Force was how to hit a series of hard targets in Iran successfully,” the former senior intelligence official said. “Who is the closest ally of the U.S. Air Force in its planning? It’s not Congo—it’s Israel. Everybody knows that Iranian engineers have been advising Hezbollah on tunnels and underground gun emplacements. And so the Air Force went to the Israelis with some new tactics and said to them, ‘Let’s concentrate on the bombing and share what we have on Iran and what you have on Lebanon.’ ” The discussions reached the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, he said.

...“The Israelis told us it would be a cheap war with many benefits,” a U.S. government consultant with close ties to Israel said. “Why oppose it? We’ll be able to hunt down and bomb missiles, tunnels, and bunkers from the air. It would be a demo for Iran.”

...A Pentagon consultant said that the Bush White House “has been agitating for some time to find a reason for a preëmptive blow against Hezbollah.” He added, “It was our intent to have Hezbollah diminished, and now we have someone else doing it.” (As this article went to press, the United Nations Security Council passed a ceasefire resolution, although it was unclear if it would change the situation on the ground.)

...Earlier this summer, before the Hezbollah kidnappings, the U.S. government consultant said, several Israeli officials visited Washington, separately, “to get a green light for the bombing operation and to find out how much the United States would bear.” The consultant added, “Israel began with Cheney. It wanted to be sure that it had his support and the support of his office and the Middle East desk of the National Security Council.” After that, “persuading Bush was never a problem, and Condi Rice was on board,” the consultant said.

...The Israeli plan, according to the former senior intelligence official, was “the mirror image of what the United States has been planning for Iran.” (The initial U.S. Air Force proposals for an air attack to destroy Iran’s nuclear capacity, which included the option of intense bombing of civilian infrastructure targets inside Iran, have been resisted by the top leadership of the Army, the Navy, and the Marine Corps, according to current and former officials. They argue that the Air Force plan will not work and will inevitably lead, as in the Israeli war with Hezbollah, to the insertion of troops on the ground.)
            This is a very long article, but a very fascinating read. Seymour Hersh was one of the reporters who uncovered the MyLai massacre during the Vietnam War. His credentials are impeccable. And what he is reporting is scary. Why? Because Hezbollah was not wiped off the face of the earth by Israel using conventional weapons...so what is the only weapon not used by Israel?...KABOOM.

Miulang

Comment

Lots in the news today;

Gotta luv those Muslims!

Miulangs poor and oppressed are reportedly deciding to blow up themselves and their babies. Pregnant Muslims and Muslim women with babies now being hunted in war on terror.

The Holocaust cartoon comedy opened today in Tehran. (Not a joke) Where's the outrage by CNN, ABC, NBC, world leaders? Oh that's right, its only offensive if they are Muslims.

Muslims are outraged that President Bush actually used the words Islamic and Facists in the same sentance as he described the mass murderers caught the other day. Noooooo, Islam? Facist? Terrorism? Linked? How racist of you Mr. Bush.

Hezbollah, an terrorist organization embedded within the civilian population of Lebanon continues to be described by major media as a legitimate member of the UN charter, equal to Israel or anyother country for that matter.

May you live in interesting times my friends.

Comment

Interesting comments from the Iranian "man on the street" about the Israeli-Lebanese conflict. Some of these accursed Muslims actually dislike Hezbollah and Hamas because their (the Iranians) tax money is being diverted by their government to support Hezbollah and Hamas.

The notable exception was the Iranian people which, in its great majority, was critical of the excessive verbal support provided by the Government to Hezbollah in the one hand and the Palestinian Hamas on the other, making it “the nanny more affectionate than the mother”.

“Of course I am angry’’, said one worker. “All our income is going to Palestine and Hezbollah”. “We Iranians have a proverb that says a lamp needed at home must not be given to the mosque”, commented another, adding: “The government should help its people first, and then help the people in Lebanon”.

“Let them fight with each other until they get tired”, said a young man giving his name as Mohammad. “Arab countries are not supporting Hezbollah, but why we who are not Arabs?

According to some sources, one percent of Iran’s budget has been approved by the Majles (Iran’s Parliament) to the Palestinian radicals. Hezbollah for its part is reported to receive 50 to 100 million US Dollars par year. “Why should I not get angry about this?”, Mohammadi asked.

The relentless pro Palestinian, pro Hezbollah programmes in the State-owned, conservatives-controlled public media and pro-Government press has caused a kind of indifference and even repulsion towards the Hezbollah and the Palestinians in particular and the Arabs in general. In a recent edition of the daily newspaper “Aftab-e Yazd” (The Sun of Yazd), one reader wrote in saying: “Radio and television broadcast so many programs about Arab countries that I sometimes wonder if it is the Iranian TV or an Arab TV”.

“Pray tell us, how on earth are we related to this Seyed Hassan Nasrallah whose photos have been plastered all over the country?!”, another reader told the same paper, owned by the younger brother of Iran’s all powerful Ayatollah Ali Khameneh’i, who actually had appointed Mr. Nasrallah as the leader of Hezbollah.

A taxi driver suggested Nasrallah be captured and brought to an international tribunal to tell the truth about the 12 July attack on the Israeli soldiers. “If he refuses, he must be given truth syringe. He must explain why he ruined a nation, killed hundreds of innocent people. He must say who ordered him to attack the Israelis? He must say where he gets his armaments, his money?”.
                Guess it just goes to show that you can't indict a whole nation for the actions of a few demented government officials can you?

Miulang
                Last edited by Miulang; August 14, 2006, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Leader of Iran: Suicide Bombing "is the epitomy of exellence".
                  Holocaust "needs more research" to determine if it really happened.
                  Last edited by kamuelakea; August 15, 2006, 03:56 AM.

Comment

08/15/2006

Syria and Iran celebrate "victory" against Israel.

Hmmm, I thought they had nothing to do with this. I thought it was just poor simple Lebanese defending themselves against the big bad Israelis?

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...291469,00.html
                    Last edited by kamuelakea; August 15, 2006, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Knowing the enemy

Here is the 60 Minutes interview that Mike Wallace did this week with the President of Iran. For leading a country that is deemed by most people as being "backward" the guy has an intensity, patience and charisma that would put any of our own country's leaders to shame. I think his training as a teacher is really being put to good use.

Sad to say, he ran circles around Mike Wallace, and he didn't have to scream or shout to do it, either. Time for Mike Wallace to retire for good, I think. Let Anderson Cooper have the next interview with Ahmadimejad.

Miulang

Comment

Re: Knowing the enemy

Here is the 60 Minutes interview that Mike Wallace did this week with the President of Iran. For leading a country that is deemed by most people as being "backward" the guy has an intensity, patience and charisma that would put any of our own country's leaders to shame. I think his training as a teacher is really being put to good use.

Miulang
                        This sickens me - I have read my grandmother's journal from the 1939 Olympics in Berlin. She wrote almost an identical assessment of Hitler - we all know how that turned out. One difference, she was not admiring of him; she had the good sense to know that the world should be very worried.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
                          This sickens me - I have read my grandmother's journal from the 1939 Olympics in Berlin. She wrote almost an identical assessment of Hitler - we all know how that turned out. One difference, she was not admiring of him; she had the good sense to know that the world should be very worried.
                          Glossyp, have you actually WATCHED the interview? I was embarrassed for Mike Wallace! I'm not saying I admire the President of Iran, only that in performance values, the President had Wallace whupped big time. Please watch the video and you'll understand why I said what I did. I think if there had been someone with more journalistic integrity, the interview would have made us look a whole lot better. And because Ahmadimejad is charismatic, I know why the people of Iran look up to him. And yes, that's why he's so dangerous.

Miulang
                          Last edited by Miulang; August 15, 2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Glossyp, have you actually WATCHED the interview? I was embarrassed for Mike Wallace! I'm not saying I admire the President of Iran, only that in performance values, the President had Wallace whupped big time. Please watch the video and you'll understand why I said what I did. I think if there had been someone with more journalistic integrity, the interview would have made us look a whole lot better. And because Ahmadimejad is charismatic, I know why the people of Iran look up to him. And yes, that's why he's so dangerous.

Miulang
                            That is not how you wrote it. You said
                            "...the guy has an intensity, patience and charisma that would put any of our own country's leaders to shame. I think his training as a teacher is really being put to good use."
                            You only bother to note that you think he's dangerous now. And, yes, I did watch and it made me sick because I knew people would react the same way you did (or didn't?).

Comment

Why would I not think he was dangerous? Why do I think our own government is dangerous, but for different reasons? When people with functioning brains give up the right to think for themselves, that's when I start to worry. My guess is if someone like Anderson Cooper had been given the chance to interview Ahmadimejad, it would have come out much more fair for us. I also know that many citizens in Iran don't like their President too, because they think he's spending too much time meddling in other peoples' business (like funnelling money to Hezbollah) rather than helping his own people. Why did Mike Wallace get an interview with him, when our own government refuses to have direct contact?

Miulang

P.S. Since you said you squirmed through the program (exactly as I did), what did you think of Mike Wallace's performance? Don't you think CBS could've found someone better than Wallace for that assignment?
                              Last edited by Miulang; August 15, 2006, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Why did Mike Wallace get an interview with him, when our own government refuses to have direct contact?

Miulang
                                Gee, I don't know how he got the interview. Maybe because they knew they could run circles around a 'useful idiot' who would serve the purpose of spreading their propaganda? Do you really think our government talking to him is some how going make everything better? He's not even the one running the country, it's the mullahs. Rapprochement with the West is NOT the goal of the mullahs. Ushering in an era of fundamentalist Islamic rule is.

Comment

Working...
                                X