Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

demilitarUSination of Archipelago Hawai'i ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: militarUSt centuries of crimes against humanity

Originally posted by waioli kai
    "Now if Hawai'i was a sovereign nation, it could enter into treaties with any country it wanted to, which would save the 'aina and its people."

I tend to side with those who attest that Hawai'i is a sovereign nation, and, that Hawai'i has been illegally occupied by US corporatist militarist since 1893. The US claim that Hawai'i is fundamentally indivisible from US's United States' federal system of justUS is at best wishful thinking on the part of US; at the worst, the US claim is admission of yet more of US corporatist militarist centuries of crimes against humanity.
    I also agree, based on the historical records, that the Kingdom of Hawai'i was illegally seized by the US government in 1893, and I want the US government to follow through in good faith on what was promised to the kanaka maoli (including monies which were supposed to be paid to them for use of the land, but which has only been partially paid back). I want the US government to accept the findings of the UN Commission of Indigenous People which reaffirmed earlier this year that the Kingdom was illegally taken from the indigenous kanaka maoli, and that their sovereignty should be restored.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

occupation invasion of U.S.

occupation invasion of U.S.
      'Unfortunately, I think if any of our "enemies" in Asia decided to attack the US, Guam and Hawai'i would be given up as sacrificial lambs.'
      Right now, for going on three years of 1000 U.S. soldier deaths*per Christian Era year in Iraq, it is clear that up to 35% of U.S. electorate (together with twice that percentage in U.S. juvenile bloc) who believe that and live as such: US is all powerful and all Right.
      * to say nothing of the maimed and psychologically maladjusted nationalUSt$ soldiers of corporUSt$ militarUSt$ America, who by[/SIZE] a growing majority, are saying to themselves when not publicly: " Once more please: 'Can you Misters President and vice-President explain just once more why it is honorable for the U.S. to make US secure by investing more of U.S. wealth, resources and mortality; investing more of what little, when any, prestige may otherwise remain a potential to befall the United States' peoples as a consequence of actually, as a nation, doing in the eyes of the world something in either the short or long term remaining lifetime of Humanity that will benefit Life on Earth?' "

There are some striking similarities between Iraqi Sunni's militarist economic rule and American cheneybUShie$' militarist economic rule. One similarity is that, their powers derive/derived from their control of petroleum. US's Operation Iraqi Liberation, March 2003 united the two in a Babylonian ark that can only stay afloat with one oppressor/occupier at a time.
      'There is no way the DoD could get enough troops ferried over to Hawai'i and Guam in time to provide a longlasting shield against invasion of the Mainland. Once Guam and Hawai'i are decimated, the last stand would have to be on the West Coast, where it would be easier to move strategic forces because there's no ocean in between sites.'

It is, perhaps, more likely that US would sacrifice Okinawa, Hawaii, Guam, for "defense" of militarUSt$' "Taiwan" than because of some yet to be WW2 scenario repeat that would evolve into an actual, or a real threat of, occupation invasion of U.S. mainland.
      Last edited by waioli kai; August 27, 2005, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Re: occupation invasion of U.S.

It is, perhaps, more likely that US would sacrifice Okinawa, Hawaii, Guam, for "defense" of militarUSt$' "Taiwan" than because of some yet to be WW2 scenario repeat that would evolve into an actual, or a real threat of, occupation invasion of U.S. mainland.
        Well, the US can't really sacrifice Okinawa because for better or worse, it is a part of Japan (although Okinawans also have issues with being "owned" by a foreign power). The US did control Okinawa until 1972 but gave it to the Japanese. And the Okinawans are getting fed up with the US presence and don't want to renew leases for the bases that the US still occupies on Okinawa (the bases comprise about 75% of all US presence in Japan).

Some of our "buddies" in Central Asia are also balking at our presence in their countries. I don't think we have many friends around the globe...even when we try to bribe repressive dictatorships to be our friends.

Miulang
        Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2005, 06:28 PM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: demilitarUSination of Archipelago Hawai'i ?

Waioli: Did you know about the existence of the documentary film "Noho Hewa Ma Hawai'i Nei?"

"...Noho Hewa Ma Hawai'i Nei is a 60-minute documentary about the historic and contemporary presence of the US Military in Hawai'i. As such, it is a mo'olelo - a story that chronicles how the American war machine took hold in Hawai'i, and how to the detriment of the Hawaiian people it has expanded throughout the Pacific. From America's involvement in the 1893 overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy, to the illegitimate annexation of that neutral, independent nation state, Noho Hewa Ma Hawai'i Nei examines the consequences of America's ongoing military build-up in Hawai'i..."

Here are some eye opening tidbits about the military presence in Hawai'i that are listed on the website:

"...Hawai'i is one of the most militarized groups of islands in the world.
          ...The military controls over 20% of all land in the Hawaiian Island chain.
          ...The military population makes up over 11% of the state of Hawai'i, as opposed to less than 1% of the U.S. population.
          ...The U.S. Army secretly tested chemical, biological, and deadly nerve gas agents in Hawai'i watershed/forest reserve areas, facts repeatedly denied but later confirmed.
          ...Currently 7.1 million live rounds of various weapons are fired annually on sacred Hawaiian lands at the Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) on the Big Island of Hawai'i.
          ...More than 400 square miles (250,000 acres) on Hawai'i Island may contain live arms and other military toxins and should be considered military hazard areas.
          ...In 1995, there were 405 toxic sites in 122 military facilities
          statewide. "

The only land the US government has returned to the kanaka maoli thus far is Kaho'olawe, and even when the Navy returned the island to the kanaka maoli, they didn't totally get rid of all the ordnances that are still lying around there. Certain parts of the island are still not safe to walk on.

Miulang

P.S. Here's a map that shows all the active military sites and/or contaminated areas created by the military on all the major islands. Pitiful. How close do people in the 'aina live to each of these sites? And do they know they are being poisoned? I would say the residents of Oahu are in trouble.
          Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Re: furthering US militarization of Hawai'i

Originally posted by Miulang
            I suppose it would be cheaper for the DoD to let the Superferry be the primary transport of choice for getting their personnel and equipment interisland than to use their own ships or planes for that purpose. Other than the observatory atop Haleakala, I am not aware at this point of any other DoD initiatives to overrun Maui, at least not to the extent that it's happening on Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? A commercial entity being at the beck and call of the military??? One scenario that will likely piss off the "tourists" and locals who might want to use the Superferry...a reverse of the way things were during the Vietnam war when anybody in uniform flew standby instead of full fare: the military commandeering an entire ship (because of "security" reasons) to transport equipment and personnel from Honolulu to the Big Island, while civilians are left standing fuming at the dock...

Miulang
            I Googled "Pohakuloa" just to see what I would come up with and lo and behold: the first hit was for the website of www.globalsecurity.org, a purported primary source of military information. With regard to our speculation that the Superferry once built would be used to ferry military personnel and equipment between Oahu and the Big Island, this is what global security notes:

"...The major restrictions to training at PTA are the presence of the lava flows and environmentally sensitive areas discussed above. Weather conditions are generally conductive for training activities; however, fog often prevents helicopters from using the runway. The use of the area is also restricted by the cost of transporting troops, equipment and vehicles from Oahu. Because of this, Army and Marine Corps exercises are few in number and last for several weeks...."

This implies that if there was a cheaper way to get everything over to the Big Island for training exercises (as in the Superferry), then more military activity would happen at Pohakuloa, which happens to be the largest military post in the 'aina. Hmmm...

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2005, 09:06 PM.

Comment

And this from the Hawai'i Island Journal: the DoD plans to fly C-17 cargo jets (the largest planes the DoD uses) into Kona Airport to get equipment from Oahu to Pohakuloa. Hope the runway can hold the weight of a Huey plane loaded with tanks, Humvees and Lord knows whatelse...

Miulang

Comment

Re: occupation invasion of U.S.

Waioli kai,
                Your screen text comes across looking like a bunch of mashed up <i>loco moko,</i> all chewed and chopped and cut up by fork and knife.

It's very hard to read. What you say??

Comment

militarUSination, more than enough

Originally posted by FishPond
                  What you say??
                  Said nothing. You hear something?
                  ... perhaps writing in pigin would makes it easier to understand for some, but i don't much write in such dialect, though i do often appreciate pigin when such is spoken.

Comment

Re: militarUSination, more than enough

perhaps writing in pigin would makes it easier to understand for some, but i don't much write in such dialect, though i do often appreciate pigin when such is spoken.

You could try English, as you did here (quoted). That looks pretty clear and doesn't have those oddly placed capital letters, dollar signs and other random symbols that make trying to read your posts such a headache-inducing experience. I'm not saying this to offend you, just to let you know that whatever point you're trying to make is lost (at least on me, and apparently some others) when you mess it up with all that U$ %& &*# # and such. I'd like to understand what you're trying to communicate.

As with so many things, YMMV.

Comment

cannot make something up and do credit to honesty
                      Madazza: "You could try English, as you did here (quoted). That looks pretty clear and doesn't have those oddly placed capital letters, dollar signs and other random symbols that make trying to read your posts such a headache-inducing experience. I'm not saying this to offend you, just to let you know that whatever point you're trying to make is lost (at least on me, and apparently some others) when you mess it up with all that U$ %& &*# # and such. I'd like to understand what you're trying to communicate."

"...when you mess it up with all that U$ %& &*# # ..." Really, if you want to quote something you saw written by me, please do it; however, you cannot make something up and do credit to your profession of being an honest, sincere inquirer. For instance: try to copy and paste onto a reply some symbol/letter you attribute to me as being in some phrase, convuluted (to you and probably others) or otherweise that contains U$, or & , or #, either standing alone or the combinations you allegedly quote. When is it in all the above posts I used an asterik*, where did you not understand it? What about % ?
                      Last edited by waioli kai; August 28, 2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If yoU really don't under$tand what I'm trying to tell yoU.S>, then please forget I $aid anything. JU$t keep doing what yoU're doINg.

Comment

not for all topics
                          " When is it in all the above posts I used an asterik *, where did you not understand it? What about % ?

Giving the benefit of the doubt to you to see if you really were sincere in your inquiry did at least give you a chance to show that such inquiry was/is not in this case, your comcern. Political discourse is not for all of us, and there is no more shame in one's disinterest and inaptitude in political discourse that than there is in one's not being interested in discourse on:
                          "... boyfriend in college from SoCal who ..."; "what's for lunch?";"how big is your TV screen?"; "Snacking on the Job";"How moke you stay?";"What is the opposite of chick flick?";"News Beauties in Hawaii";" Wine Refrigerator";"a lifelong dog lover and owner";...all topics of discourse which rank high on many of this forum's posters, including yourself; however, I cannot feign an interest or aptitude for such topics, but am glad for you Madazza that you can do so.
                          Last edited by waioli kai; August 29, 2005, 06:57 AM.

Comment

<Whoooooosh!>

watch your head!

Comment

Tsk, MadAzza, c'mon now. Don't encourage him.

Besides. Miulang seems to understand perfectly.

Comment

starving US hegemony with truth

Originally posted by .
                                "... corporatUSt$' militarUSt agenda feeding US hegemony, for the better part of two centuries of U.S. generations."
                                The following recently digitized paper legal size poster for a U.S. President 1982 to 1988 official candidacy campaign originated from a near identical paper grown in an official candidacy of a Texas gubernatorial 1977-8 campaign.

''
                                U.S. President for Life Reclamation Committee

ACTIONS PERMITTING ADVANCEMENT IN THIS LIFETIME
                                *** maximum utilization of all processes/technologies which would effect comprehensive secure DIRECT SELF-DETERMINATIVE GOVERNMENT through referenda and initiatives; minimize and eliminate wasteful, corruptible "representative" governments/ "democracies."

*** unarmed SECESSION and CONFEDERATION of lands and people of Mesonorthamerica from the Union of the United States of America. . .cessation of the ideological repression/subjugation of all vitally progressive bioregions in North America by the failing and globally inadequate political, economic, judicial, social, ecological attitudes structures of the U.S.

*** establishing HUMAN POPULATION DENSITY LIMITS with regard to the non-human life of "original" evolutionary habits, thus the viability of life as a whole.

*** developing and implementing the designs, or technologies to thoroughly DETOXIFY chemically ADULTERATED ECOSYSTEMS, water resources, oceanic dumps.

SOME CONSEQUENTIAL, TRANSITIONAL CONCERNS FOR EACH WATERSHED/BIOREGION'S PURPOSEFUL COEVOLUTION:

***end taxations and resource procurements in bioregions directly or allowed by the Central Government of the U.S., all taxes if any, proportioned and collected as deemed necessary. . . . from such funds disperse to selected world communities/endeavors that amount, if any, deemed necessary by the bioregional inhabitants for attainment of equalitarian ideals in planetary habitats and resources distribution.

*** assume wide coastal jurisdiction: monitor/control use of are by marine life harvestors, surface and submarine vessels and mining, drilling operations/explorations: educate coastal residents in coast guard skills.

*** establishing sovereignty of space over all confederated bioregions.

***assume primary responsibility in the administration of affairs at nuclear power and waste storage locations: decommission as soon as possible, cease export/manufacture of nuclear fission energy systems.

*** procurement of ores, fuels, raw materials, and the operation of manufacturing/extraction plants governed by real needs in society instead of an induced demand stemming from industry's profit motives; terminate maintenance and export of militarist nationalism/consumerism.

*** orderly elimination of fossil fueled transportation paralleling development of adequate, safe, clean, reliable, sound/waste abated methods of transit for personal travel, goods, and produce.

***neutralization/elimination of chemical and biological warfare compounds.

*** construction of greenhouses and garden areas in and general reinhabitation of urban bioregions.

*** moratoriums and probable cancellation of all loan repayments, domestic and international.

***radical reformation/humanization of judicial and penal systems/codes and the social economic conditions which induce malevolent behavior.

*** medical and dental care available according to an individual's need: emphasis on preventive health care.

*** more effecient use and distribution of available and potential energy resources with the goal of opening rivers and tributaries by removal of hydroelectric structures; cease massive dredging, encourage shoreline restoration and use, development of suitable shippping technology.

***de-emphasis on mandatory classroom, age-structured education of our youth: promote opportunities for the constructive and self-fulfilling exercise of all people's (young & elder) physical and mental energies; e.g., direct involvement in continuing education, parks, forestry, agriculture, and appropriate industries.

***adequate, accessible child care for all who need such; free and thorough education in all levels of public instruction.

*** forbidding the possession of lethal weapons on the person of law enforcement officials; assume duties and voluntary personnel of U.S. Coast Guard, disband military units associated with the U.S. Government.

*** U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Bureau of Relcamation, Bonneville Power Administration, Tennessee Valley authority, U.S. Forest Service: all U.S. agencies and administrative branches out of seceeding regions, not the
                                persons necessarily.

*** commit to metric system conversion in weights and measures.

FURTHER USE OF REGIONAL TREASURIES/RESOURCES:
                                *** all investments out of apartheid South Africa: appropriate relocation of dissatisfied parties in regions related to inter-regional consensus by all concerned inhabitants.

*** appropriation of lands for voluntary, non-monetary ecologically sound endeavors.

*** expropriation of hazardous waste producing industries, large energy consuming facilities, subterranean conveyance systems.

*** appropriation of subterranean resources, all lands and waterways presently administered or militarily subsidized by the U.S. or Canada, or purchased by foreign interests.

WORLD COMMUNITY
                                *** emancipation of politically/economically oppressed peoples and protection of lands of the Americas, South Pacific, Africa, and Indonesia from active and threatened ecocide and homicide in the name of "free-enterprise" and "democracy."

*** recognition of Palestinian/intra-regional sovereignty. Respectful relocation of dissatisfied parties.

*** promote increasingly constructive political/cultural relations with China, Soviet Union, Cuba and all the world's peoples with the intention of sharing in the creation of a purposefully unified, equalitarian, ecologically balanced source-planet of intelligence.

*** reduction to zero of nuclear warheads and other war materials intended for detonation on or above Earth.

*** total Earthly unity (i.e., no war machinery, inclinations, etc.) prior to establishment of extra-terrestrial civilizations. No Star Wars, S.D.I.
                                ''

Since then apartheid South Africa peacefully dissolved, the Soviet Union has mostly peacefully dissolved unto itself for awhile, and, well... the United States is virtually unchanged but for the way electronics has afforded an more true democacy that has outgrown the official vessel by which it is defined.
                                Last edited by waioli kai; April 12, 2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X