• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today in History...

Originally posted by stumphurple
    i was raised to show respect.
    Lol.... your words betray you.

The best way to deal with a troll such as this is to take away his podium. Now I will practice what I preach and ignore this fool. The rest of you would be better off to do the same.
    Last edited by Nalu; January 6, 2006, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Re: this forum name is abhorrent

Originally posted by Menehune Man
      I, myself am pro-american. That said still doesn't change the fact that many American Policies and citizens are crazy. Possibly myself included. I'll have to ask my evil twin for confirmation.
      I'm with stump -- Hawaii/Hawaiians and their policies are and were no less crazy than Americans. Hawaiian history is just as full of stories of greed, murder, war-mongering, repression/suppression of the people, etc. The only difference is the scale -- Hawaii is a spec in the ocean compared to America so in this forum is unfairly held to a higher standard.

Comment

Originally posted by mapen
        I'm with stump -- Hawaii/Hawaiians and their policies are and were no less crazy than Americans. Hawaiian history is just as full of stories of greed, murder, war-mongering, repression/suppression of the people, etc. The only difference is the scale -- Hawaii is a spec in the ocean compared to America so in this forum is unfairly held to a higher standard.

Actually, if you really want to get down to it...couldn't you say that ALL humankind are filled with greed, murder, war-mongering, etc.?

Seriously, think about it...people are messed up. All throughout history, in (at least what seems like anyway) every type of race or culture there has been some sort of cruelty (in whichever way you'd like to use that word...whether it's war, greed, whatever).

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by flying snow
          Actually, if you really want to get down to it...couldn't you say that ALL humankind are filled with greed, murder, war-mongering, etc.?

Seriously, think about it...people are messed up. All throughout history, in (at least what seems like anyway) every type of race or culture there has been some sort of cruelty (in whichever way you'd like to use that word...whether it's war, greed, whatever).

Just a thought.
          Yes, exactly. That's why the original poster is calling the forum name abhorrent because it reflects an ignorant type of thinking that says that America's politics is somehow worse than, as he explained through many examples, Hawaiian Kingdom politics.

Comment

I understood what that poster and you were saying...I was just pointing out that ALL humankind is cruel.

Thas all.

Comment

Originally posted by mapen
              Hawaiian history is just as full of stories of greed, murder, war-mongering, repression/suppression of the people, etc.
              Care to back up this claim?
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                Maybe give TuNnL and stumphrple each a pair of boxing gloves and their own ring...on another web site!
                I’d gladly volunteer. But I only debate people with something thoughtful to say (the key word being thought, which implies the writer considered his words carefully).

Debate is a healthy thing when done in a civilized manner. Hopefully that will ring true on the airwaves and in the papers, since this is an election year.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Today in History...

Originally posted by stumphurple
                  i am FROM hawaii not a newcomer.

i have studied the history of hawaii. i know about the monarchs. back in da day dey wen whack youa head off if even go stand in da shadow! what if you like foa shade ah? and den letta on they dont get moa betta. they drink and gamble and murder their children. these are not admirable people.
                  Well! I've followed this thread back and do agree that debate is healthy. I may disagree with Stumpy here but no need to silence him/her/them.

I would correct (you) however. If you gleaned anything from your studies of "the history of hawaii", you'd know that "back in da day" (should this be sung to the tune of I've Been Workin' on Da Railroad... Oh da doo dah dey?) native hawaiians did not speak lah dat. This was a culture that at one time held claim to the highest literacy rate in the world. Your pathetic rendition of pidgin attributed to native people of the Kingdom of Hawaii is telling. Pidgin came about post first wave of Japanese plantation workers, followed by other asian immigrants who contributed to this unique local version of the english language. Hawaiians during the 19th century spoke and wrote the King's english you dweeb. Oh, pardon me... you kamaaina dweeb.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin
                    Care to back up this claim?
                    I want to be the leader who latched onto a new found technology, sailed over to a place he did not reside in, waged war on people he did not know, and painted the whole story with the brush of peace and unity. Now THAT is altruism.

Do you suppose I'm describing King K, or the Idiot in Chief?

Let's sacrifice one of the captives !! LOL Too Funny.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Stumphurple seems to have made his own choice about silence --- after the flurry stirred up in this thread (and a couple others), he hasn't returned to HT since January 5.

Comment

Wat he said about illegitimate children...God struck him DOWN!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think we're done here.

Comment

Working...
                          X