Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2008 Presidential Election

Originally posted by Miulang
    Condoleeeeza is guilty of being a "yes gal" for the President you say sold you a bill of goods...and there may be some "skeletons" in her closet that might emerge which would turn off all those religious Conservatives.
    Miulang
    I think that she's done the best she could dealing with the situations "our" present administration has gotten "us" into. I believe that she would make different choices if she had the chance.

I don't always agree with what my superiors want to do, but make the best of it anyways.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Condi Rice? Are you guys serious?

Thats half of the problem with this administration.. all of her training is in "Cold War" politics centered around Russia. As soon as Bush got elected, she was one of the main proponents for coming down hard on nearly everyone.. and brought back this 'cold war' type thinking.. she is one of many of the main people within the Bush administration that just doesn't have a clue how to use their diplomatic roles in a non-agressive way.. not only that but the Bush Administration has seriously drained our country economically sending it all to Iraq..

why not send some of the money back into the U.S... or even search for Osama Bin Ladin (whatever happened to that anyways?).. instead the majority of tax dollars goes into bombing and rebuilding and bombing Iraq over and over and whatever they are doing there.

I don't care for Republicans or Democrats.. and who knows where I'd vote.. but with 100% certainty.. there is no way in hell I'll vote for anyone even remotely associated with Bush's incredibled failed presidency.. and Condi Rice is a strong part of that.

The next President has to be someone who is competent and knows how to fiscally manage a country.. and knows what we're doing in Iraq - and no one from the Bush adminstration seems to have any clue whatsoever.

Comment

The 2007 Presidential Election

The election process for the so-called "2008 Presidential Election" is expected to run through 2006 and 2007, while the Presidential Election itself is to be completed the first week of Nov. 2007. At least the Presidential Election popular vote balloting is to be finished then, and, barring a contested election, whoever it may be who gets elected will expectedly be known weeks before 2008. It is "The 2007 Presidential Election" to elect a president who is expected to be sworn to office weeks into the year 2008.

When
        --Only sustainably greater delusion and deceit saves the United States from public awareness of an abyss of bankrupcy into which the nation is descending for 25 years now.

Balanced budgets? Trade deficits? Both are reflections from the closing, intersecting walls of the abyss through which the United States is accelerating its descent. There is no cure but the dissolution of the United States into regions and their peoples.

Perhaps Bill Clinton could lead a region. He and Jimmy Carter are the only former U.S. Presidents who could be elected to do such. --

it should be that the United States 2007 Presidential Election would be for presidential leaderships of the resulting confederated regions from a peacefully dissolved United States of America.

Thinking of such regions it is most curious to think of the U.S. East Coast region. The political structure of the United States is most similar to that of Saddam's Iraq wherein the economic and political reigns of national power emanate from a region devoid of natural resource wealth whose people benefit from their political/economic leaders maintenance of parasitic cabalism.
        Last edited by waioli kai; June 4, 2006, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Even tho' he is a republican, I'd like to see Giuliani run for presidency. The way he handled 911 shows that the guy has poise...something George W doesn't have...hell, he can't even pronounce the word correctly. :-0

McCain may be old, but he still seems as sharp as a tack. I think he might do ok.
          I just hope we survive the remaining 2 years of this administration.

The REAL problem will be putting out all the fires George W and his posse hav set in the past 6. That could take decades.
          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Wanna bet, that Bush won't go?
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Obama in 2008?

I don't know if Barack Obama is quite seasoned enough yet in the realm of international policy making and diplomacy (but heck, Dubya knew zip about anything outside of Texas before he became President), but the guy has more charisma in his little finger (and he has a great story to tell about his growing up in a multicultural family to boot) than any and all other potential Democratic and Republican candidates for President.

And Hawai'i should feel proud that he spent some of his formative years in the 'aina (OK, so he did go to Punahou! ). I wish there was a viable 3rd party in the US because I don't think the Republicans or the Democrats deserve someone as talented as this guy is at drawing people together.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

A local publication - Downtown Planet, I believe - proclaimed that this recent visitor to Hawaii was a contender.

Comment

Working...
                X