Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americans: The Jews of the World

Americans: The Jews of the World
    The popular 20th Century Jewish American novelist Edna Ferber once wrote "the United States seems to be the Jews among nations. It is resourceful adaptable, maligned, envied and feared... its peoples are travelers and wanderers by nature, moving shifting, restless."

Sadly enough, recent events have proven that Ferber was right. The Jewish people and the United States have a lot in common, both are successful, resourceful, adaptable, highly creative, inventive and hated. Like the Jews, Americans are increasingly the objects of hatred, fear, jealousy, bigotry, prejudice, violence and terror from all corners of the globe and the political spectrum.

In particular, America and Americans are now the target of a vicious, irrational, destructive, well-organized, well-defined, popular and widespread campaign of hatred, prejudice and hysteria similar to that directed against the Jews before World War II. Anti-Americanism has become as popular and as widespread as anti-Semitism was in the 1920s and 30s and its effects could be just as destructive and as tragic as the wave of anti-Semitism that gave rise to Adolph Hitler and the Final Solution.
    Last edited by admin; June 8, 2006, 07:38 AM. Reason: Replaced full article with excerpt and link to source.

Comment

Re: Americans: The Jews of the World

It's not a question of Jew or American. It's a question of winners and losers. Haves and have nots. Priveledged and Oppressed.

Whoever is leading the race will be always be villified by those struggling to keep up.

But that is one interesting story.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

everything except rightful attribution, Re: boowa, Americans: The Jews of the World

Your 25th post (boowa: Americans: The Jews of the World) is unique to your portfolio: complete sentences, caps, good punctuation, no slang, correctly spelled words. Wow! everything except rightful attribution of the writing!!

Guess when one has thus far had so little success trolling with poorly constructed, blatantly artificial lures, one can be desperate enough to steal others' bait and pretend it is one's own.

Comment

Re: Do you consider yourself an American?

Hey boowa, have you ever considered taking your thoughts to a poetry slam? They've got a good beat that I think would sound great as a spoken-word rap.

Comment

haha...and someone called ME angry earlier today, Oy Vay! :-)
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
              Can I be your myspace friend?
              LOLOLOLOL!!!!

That's the funniest thing I heard today !

Hey Boowa...I think the Howard Stern show could use a guy like you.

HEY now !
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Re: america=rome+british empire+nazi germany

Originally posted by boowa
                manifest destiny?oooohhh..that early american proclamation that the us had the right to conquer and take over the american continent from sea to sea whilst wiping out and massacring millons of native americans and sticking the survivors in concentration camps.and may as well as wipe out every living thing on the continent by shooting millions of buffalo from trains for fun or shooting tens of millions of passenger pigeons for kicks.
                y'all killing lynching inbred ancestors in every history book are embarrassing shameful characters the world studies and reads about.
                from a penal colony that took in the rejects and refuse of europe to a rabid dying dog that is still a penal colony of rejects and refuse.
                worlds shortest history is about to end permanently.no more toilet or garbage dump for the world to empty out its prisons and asylums to ship to america anymore.think its australias turn anyways.
                No, Boowa....Manifest Destiny says that 'power' always moves towards the west. So, look westwards. China, maybe?
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                  Can I be your myspace friend?
                  You might wanna hold off a bit...'til the blue pill kicks in.

(Dang, Maddie...you're funny! You, too, nachodaddy!)

Comment

Re: everything except rightful attribution, Re: boowa, Americans: The Jews of the World

Originally posted by waioli kai
                    Your 25th post (boowa: Americans: The Jews of the World) is unique to your portfolio: complete sentences, caps, good punctuation, no slang, correctly spelled words. Wow! everything except rightful attribution of the writing!!

Guess when one has thus far had so little success trolling with poorly constructed, blatantly artificial lures, one can be desperate enough to steal others' bait and pretend it is one's own.
                    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=7444
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Oh, Boowa, I'm SO proud of you! I was certain that you could string two words together, and you did it!

Now....let's continue along those lines, it can only get better.

Comment

Don't be so quick to be proud of boowa; as waioli kai's comment and sinjin's link will tell you, they are not boowa's words; they are those of Daniel G. Jennings, from FrontPageMagazine.com, April 23, 2003.

As the FAQ for this site notes ---
                        "Excerpt and summarize, but don't copy and paste. Very often, a news article or website can spark a great discussion. However, do not cut-and-paste the text of an article or reproduce other material in its entirety in your posts -- this often runs afoul of copyright rules. At most, quote one or two paragraphs that you think are the most interesting, then provide the link to the source for those who want to read the whole thing."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                          Don't be so quick to be proud of boowa; as waioli kai's comment and sinjin's link will tell you, they are not boowa's words; they are those of Daniel G. Jennings, from FrontPageMagazine.com, April 23, 2003.

As the FAQ for this site notes ---
                          "Excerpt and summarize, but don't copy and paste. Very often, a news article or website can spark a great discussion. However, do not cut-and-paste the text of an article or reproduce other material in its entirety in your posts -- this often runs afoul of copyright rules. At most, quote one or two paragraphs that you think are the most interesting, then provide the link to the source for those who want to read the whole thing."
                          Maybe they're not his words, true...but it shows that he's capapble of doing more than froth at the mouth and spew kaka. With a bit of positive reinforcement, we may, yet, get a reasonable debate out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon
                            Maybe they're not his words, true...but it shows that he's capapble of doing more than froth at the mouth and spew kaka.
                            Yes; it's called "plagiarism." Oh, and he can also share his foot fetish with us, too.
                            With a bit of positive reinforcement, we may, yet, get a reasonable debate out of him.
                            I hereby submit your name in nomination for the next Patron Saint of Lost Causes.

Comment

With a bit of positive reinforcement, we may, yet, get a reasonable debate out of him.
                              <chuckle>
                              Why should this be important?

Of course one might hope to seem less nutty by comparison.
                              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

To be so loved around the world

Mexican fans took up the chant "Osama! Osama!" during a recent
                                US-Canada Olympic soccer game held south of our border. Last month,
                                protesters in Athens chanted "Sept. 11 every day!" during an
                                anti-American rally.

American chief executive of the financial services firm Swift and
                                president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Belgium, took a seat
                                next to an elegant woman he recognized as one of Belgium's richest
                                people. During the pre-dinner chitchat in a room full of
                                museum-quality contemporary art, she ventured offhandedly that it was
                                "good that the Americans got hit on Sept. 11. Maybe it taught them a
                                lesson."
                                "She was just repeating what she had heard," he says. "The real point
                                is that 90% of the people she talks to every day would agree with
                                her."

Philadelphia transplant Susan Steele, head of Forum management company in London, has noticed that many Europeans have started using the phrase "that's American," which is shorthand, Steele says, for "not taking anyone else into consideration."

Three-time gold medalist Karch Kiraly shared his volleyball war
                                stories with some of the current crop of American Olympians. He
                                described being pelted with ice cubes, raw eggs, tomatoes and D-cell
                                batteries while playing in Argentina. In Brazil, assaults on the
                                Americans came from spitting fans perched above the court's exit.

Leading up to the Iraq war,millions of protestors took to the streets throughout Italy to protest the planned invasion.One reporter asked a protestor in Rome why he was protesting and he replied "Bush is the new Hitler and America is the new Nazi Germany and Iraq is the new Poland.They all deserve more 9/11s!Our premier is the new Mussolini and he should get what Mussolini got!"

In Britain, the United States' staunchest friend, snide remarks and
                                downright animosity greet many Americans these days. It's not just
                                religious radicals and terrorists who resent the United States
                                anymore.

"Why do people attack Americans?" asks Tiny Waslandek, a social worker
                                in Amsterdam, Netherlands. "Because they have a big, big mouth and
                                they mind everybody's business."

"Around the world, from Western Europe to the Far East, many see the
                                United States as arrogant, hypocritical, self-absorbed,self-indulgent
                                and contemptuous of others," Peterson says. "This is not a Muslim
                                country issue. It has metastasized to the rest of the world and
                                includes some of our closest European allies."

New Yorker Julia Magnet, a journalist who just moved to London, found
                                that out when she decided to throw a Fourth of July party for British
                                friends. Between grilled sausages and chocolate cake, her friends
                                launched an attack on Bush and the United States. They called Bush a
                                "homicidal maniac" and "not very bright" and the United States the "world's
                                biggest terrorist."

A road trip for a group of U.S. peewee hockey players to a tournament
                                in Montreal turned into a foray into enemy territory as the boys were
                                barraged with anti-American insults and witnessed protesters trashing
                                the American flag, reports the Globe and Mail. Americans watched as a
                                crowd cheered when a protester waved the Iraqi flag, and booed the
                                U.S. flag. Next, the Stars and Stripes were doused with kerosene and
                                ignited. "It went up in a puff of smoke and flames, and the crowd went
                                wild. They were all cheering,""They told us we s----, gave us the
                                finger and said 'Down with the U.S.A.' or 'The U.S.A. s----,"

"People hate you. Everyone hates you. The whole world hates you." The
                                pretty middle-aged woman, a Swiss mother and scholar, at the dinner
                                table in Geneva earnestly wants to make that perfectly clear.She isn't
                                angry with me. She thinks the American people are totally ignorant,
                                misled by the media and a criminal president.

I was traveling on a London bus when a well-dressed woman boarded
                                with her equally-respectable son in his school uniform. Ahead of her
                                was an elderly American woman, who said, ‘I beg your pardon, I didn't
                                mean to bang into you.' This prompted a tirade from the Englishwoman
                                -- let's call her Lady E -- that resembled a verbal assault by a
                                brownshirt against a hapless Jewish pedestrian in 1933. The American
                                -- call her Mrs. A -- sat down and cowered as the tirade continued: ‘I
                                rejoice every time I hear of another American soldier dying!
                                You people all deserve to die in another 9/11. You are destroying the
                                world.' Mrs A fought back: ‘I personally am NOT destroying the world.'
                                This only provoked Lady E more, and as the bus driver and passengers
                                laughed, she screamed into the American's face ‘I wish every one of
                                you would leave this country and not set foot in it ever again,' and
                                Mrs A began to wince, crying. ‘Thank you for ruining my day and my
                                trip.' At this point Lady E lunged at the American and began to shake
                                her. I jumped up and shouted at the top of my voice for the driver to
                                stop and for her to leave the woman alone, prompting Lady E to come
                                over to me and grab me. ‘Another bloody American
                                accent! You come here and think you can strut about, well, you are
                                scum.' Thankfully, the woman next to me pushed her away. I left the
                                bus as the American woman sat sobbing.

A few weeks before, I had attended a party at which I was lambasted,
                                intimidated and mocked by a group of people I had known for some
                                twenty-odd years. It reminded me of a comment made to me by an
                                American expatriate shortly after 9/11: ‘Now I know what the Jews felt
                                like in pre-war Germany.'
                                During the tea break I asked a man at one of the booths for a
                                leaflet. Instead of welcoming me and asking for a donation, he had
                                detected my accent and duly launched into a loud and red-faced
                                screeching session about the evils of the American Empire and of the
                                ‘Naziism' and ‘Fascism' promulgated by the United States. A black man
                                came over and began shouting about America having ‘invented slavery'
                                and soon a delicate elderly lady joined the fray to bellow about the
                                Zionists running America (did she mean Robert Rubin, Dennis
                                Ross, Sandy Berger -- after all, it was the pre-Wolfowitz/Perle time
                                zone) and the ‘genocides' perpetrated by Americans since the days of
                                William Penn."You Yanks should look at yourselves in the mirror and
                                wonder why every so often there is a Holocaust or massacre or pogrom.
                                You bring it on yourselves. Just look at the way you are and then
                                figure out why the rest of the world wants to flatten you."

The English are not known for public displays of fury except perhaps
                                at soccer matches, but there is something about an American accent
                                that brings out their pent-up rage.

Many Americans are leaving their homes abroad and returning home after
                                decades in foreign countries. Notwithstanding the loss of free medical
                                care and pills (and that is one hell of a sacrifice!) afforded by
                                their adopted countries, they can no longer endure the daily abuse and
                                the ugly posters and stickers that proliferate across European cities.
                                When the many anti-war rallies were held in February 2003 young people
                                in European cities were seen wearing headbands with slogans wishing
                                death upon Jews and Israel.

America now faces "the sorrows of empire": a state of perpetual war,
                                soon with weapons of mass destruction; the end of constitutional
                                democracy, with a Pentagonised presidency; and the bankruptcy of the
                                US economy.US imperial ambitions are designed to overcome the inherent
                                failures and contradictions of the American economy.Bush's open-ended
                                claims for US power--including the unilateral right to invade and
                                occupy "failed states" to execute "regime change"--offend
                                international law and are prerogatives associated only with
                                empire. But Bush's greater vulnerability is about money. You can't
                                sustain an empire from a debtor's weakening position--sooner or later
                                the creditors pull the plug. That humiliating lesson was learned by
                                Great Britain early in the last century, and the United States faces a
                                similar reckoning ahead

Comment

Working...
                                X