• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Dang! Flight got delayed. One moa day.
    LOL

Yup! That's the govenment work for ya!

I hope you have a great reunion and everyone is well.

I used to think that Singapore was hot until I was told that temps in Iraq are such that when the wind blows it's like turning on a giant hair-dryer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Dang! Flight got delayed. One moa day.

Auntie Lynn
      Keeping fingers crossed for no more delays and a very happy homecoming!

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
        Keeping fingers crossed for no more delays and a very happy homecoming!
        Glossyp, I'm waiting for the phone call to go to Schofield.

Mahalo

Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I can't believe it but they're DELAYED again!

Somebody going get Whack Whacks!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I wanted to welcome home Justin last night but I was unable to drive to Wheeler AFB by myself. P.K. sleeps early M-F for work. It's his schedule. The ceremony started at 10:45 p.m. Plus, I don't know my way around Wheeler A.F.B. Christy had to work at 5:00 a.m. Gaya and Kiana were there with the rest of the odda Military wives and children. The main thing he's back home. Safe and sound! http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/index.php?id=1211

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Congratulations Auntie Lynn! I'm glad he's safe!
              "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
              Socrates.

Comment

• Re: The Last War We Won

Originally posted by Wai`anaeCrider View Post
                Ever since "Political Correctness" has come along we haven't won a war.

In WW 2 we bombed the German and Japanese civilians to hell and we destroyed the countries will to fight.

Not so in Korea, Viet Nam or Iraq.

It's time to turn the Iraq civillian population to ashes just like we did to the Germans and Japanese. Then perhaps they will quit fighting us.
                Might I remind you that we are not and have never been at war with Iraq. You seem to be more interested in score cards than people. We were supposed to be freeing Iraqis from the yoke of a tyrant.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                  Might I remind you that we are not and have never been at war with Iraq. You seem to be more interested in score cards than people. We were supposed to be freeing Iraqis from the yoke of a tyrant.
                  Which we did, but then we decided we like being occupiers.

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
                    Congratulations Auntie Lynn! I'm glad he's safe!
                    Mahalo Bob P!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Wai`anaeCrider View Post
                      Ever since "Political Correctness" has come along we haven't won a war.

In WW 2 we bombed the German and Japanese civilians to hell and we destroyed the countries will to fight.

Not so in Korea, Viet Nam or Iraq.

It's time to turn the Iraq civillian population to ashes just like we did to the Germans and Japanese. Then perhaps they will quit fighting us.
                      Actually, I think since WWII, we haven't had a legally declared war. I don't want to get into the whole, are our soldiers acting legally in Iraq, is the US a rogue country. What I mean is that I think WWII was the last time the US actually issued a declaration of war according to our own laws and procedures. We aren't at war with Iraq or with Afghanistan. Our leaders, I believe, would argue that we were fighting unlawful regimes and "insurgents" and terrorists (as opposed to the innocent, every day people) who were oppressing their own countries as well as fueling/harboring/being terrorists who posed a grave danger to the US.

Congratulations on your Justin returning safe and sound, Auntie Lynn!

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                        Congratulations on your Justin returning safe and sound, Auntie Lynn!
                        Thank you Adri!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

While soldiers like Auntie Pupule's son Conrad go bravely back to Iraq for the third time, our diplomatic corps is threatening revolt at being forced to spend a year in Iraq at the American embassy in Baghdad. Bunch of wussies. If Iraq is good enough for our soldiers, then it's also good enough for the people in the State Dept. Maybe if enough of them get shot at, Condoleeeeeeeeza might do something about bringing all our people home.

At a town hall meeting in the department's main auditorium attended by hundreds of Foreign Service officers, some of them criticized fundamental aspects of State's personnel policies in Iraq. They took issue with the size of the embassy -- the biggest in U.S. history -- and the inadequate training they received before being sent to serve in a war zone. One woman said she returned from a tour in Basra with post-traumatic stress disorder only to find that the State Department would not authorize medical treatment.

Yesterday's internal dissension came amid rising public doubts about diplomatic progress in Iraq and congressional inquiries into the department's spending on the embassy and its management of private security contractors. Some participants asked how diplomacy could be practiced when the embassy itself, inside the fortified Green Zone, is under frequent fire and officials can travel outside only under heavy guard.

Service in Iraq is "a potential death sentence," said one man who identified himself as a 46-year Foreign Service veteran. "Any other embassy in the world would be closed by now," he said to sustained applause.
                          Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            While soldiers like Auntie Pupule's son Conrad go bravely back to Iraq for the third time, our diplomatic corps is threatening revolt at being forced to spend a year in Iraq at the American embassy in Baghdad. Bunch of wussies. If Iraq is good enough for our soldiers, then it's also good enough for the people in the State Dept. Maybe if enough of them get shot at, Condoleeeeeeeeza might do something about bringing all our people home.

Miulang
                            Wussies indeed. They need to review the oath they took when they signed on with Foggy Bottom. There was a time when State attracted intrepid adventurers who wanted to see and help change the world for the better. This group is clearly not of such a mindset.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21794024/

The Canadian Supreme Court held that US soldiers who fled to Canada to avoid going to Iraq are not refugees and thus can be deported back to the US to possibly face charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                                http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21794024/

The Canadian Supreme Court held that US soldiers who fled to Canada to avoid going to Iraq are not refugees and thus can be deported back to the US to possibly face charges.
                                heheheh

I wonder what those deserters are thinking now?

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; November 15, 2007, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X