The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Iraq War - Chapter 5

Were I in line behind you at the store, CW, I'd have applauded for your family's courage and sacrifices.

As I am in line behind you in this thread, I do so here and now.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      While here I upgraded his cell phone to the new G-zone.
      As much as I applaud the effort, do US CDMA phones work in Afghanistan? I thought GSM tended to me more universal.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Kam - have you nothing better to do than spend time baiting people here?
        Or are you a master-bai ... no, not gonna finish that thought.
        I believe pointing out hypocrisy and disingenuousness and dishonesty and propaganda is actually a virtue. Your brain is so hardwired into political correctness that you can't even handle intellectual debate.

By the way. How many died today, this week, this month. Remember not long ago, when the body count started every news report? Remember the dead soldier milestones that were headline news? Why did that all suddenly disappear?

Why? Because the "news" people are just a bunch of info-tainment whores who are more interested in driving their own biased propaganda than in reported the facts.

Just like with so many complex concepts Leo Lakio, you are lakio in or ability to catch on.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          Because the "news" people are just a bunch of info-tainment whores who are more interested in driving their own biased propaganda than in reported the facts.
          You know what? You've actually found another point where you and I can be in agreement. A good note for ending this old year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            You know what? You've actually found another point where you and I can be in agreement. A good note for ending this old year.
            Happy New Year Leo Lakio!

See you in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
              As much as I applaud the effort, do US CDMA phones work in Afghanistan? I thought GSM tended to me more universal.

No they don't and I may consider getting him a phone from a provider that can. Thanks for the info.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                No they don't and I may consider getting him a phone from a provider that can. Thanks for the info.
                Dang. Well, I'm glad I said something. Cell phones are still something of a "trap" for a world traveler. Worse then video (NTSC vs PAL, etc). Worse, not all models are available for all systems (the iPhone being a well-known example.)

Comment

Stryker brigade soldier killed by bomb in Iraq

By William Cole
                  http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...44/1001/NEWS01

"Four days after it officially took over responsibility for the Taji area northwest of Baghdad, Hawai'i's Stryker brigade has suffered its first combat fatality.

Spc. Jon Michael Schoolcraft III, 26, of Wapakoneta, Ohio, died Saturday in Taji from wounds sustained when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device, the Pentagon said.

He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment "Wolfhounds" out of Schofield Barracks."

Please continue to pray for our men and women in our Armed Forces.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    Stryker brigade soldier killed by bomb in Iraq

By William Cole
                    http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...44/1001/NEWS01

"Four days after it officially took over responsibility for the Taji area northwest of Baghdad, Hawai'i's Stryker brigade has suffered its first combat fatality.

Spc. Jon Michael Schoolcraft III, 26, of Wapakoneta, Ohio, died Saturday in Taji from wounds sustained when his vehicle struck an improvised explosive device, the Pentagon said.

He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment "Wolfhounds" out of Schofield Barracks."

Please continue to pray for our men and women in our Armed Forces.

Auntie Lynn
                    Indeed, Auntie. Indeed. God bless everyone of them. And may they come home--soon and safely.
                    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Just wanted to share this photo of my son and his little friend with you all!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Wonderful picture! Thanks for sharing.
                        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          Just wanted to share this photo of my son and his little friend with you all!
                          Thanks, Lynn! Leave it to Conrad to be makin' friends already. Though the kid ain't quite got that shaka down right.

Comment

Puppy abuse video investigated by Hawaii Marine base
                            Marine Corps Base Hawaii is investigating a shocking video of a smiling Marine throwing a puppy off the top of a steep hillside in Iraq into a gully below. The video today gained widespread attention and condemnation on the Internet. "The video is shocking and deplorable and is contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine," the Kane'ohe Bay base said in a release. Base officials said the video came to their attention this morning. An investigation has been initiated. Maj. Chris Perrine, a Marine spokesman here, said "it's looking like" the Marine is based out of Hawai'i.
                            One one hand, this is deplorable and cruel and all those things. On the other hand, these are people carefully trained to kill people, right? I've seen an impressive amount of outrage out there online over this puppy incident from folks who don't seem particlularly concerned about some of the other lives being adversely impacted by the American presence there.

Comment

OMG!!! How cruel. Whack Whacks!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                                Puppy abuse video investigated by Hawaii Marine base
                                One one hand, this is deplorable and cruel and all those things. On the other hand, these are people carefully trained to kill people, right? I've seen an impressive amount of outrage out there online over this puppy incident from folks who don't seem particlularly concerned about some of the other lives being adversely impacted by the American presence there.
                                I think it is because people view animals as truly innocent creatures. Rightly or wrongly, we don't view other people, except children, as innocents. Regardless, it is a horrible incident and I guess we should be glad it wasn't a baby though I think there would be just as much or more outcry if it had been.

Comment

Working...
                                X