This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Iraq War

Embarrassing! Still, re-writing his signature on the over 1,300 sent out will not make the grieving process any easier for the families. Personally, I wouldn't care for any letter informing me of any condolence for any of my children. It wouldn't lessen the pain. They volunteered, they know the risks, and they proudly serve. I stand proud and if anything should happen, I must remain silent, for to do otherwise is not believing in their fight against TERRORISM. When I my children came home for R&R's they told me the stories of what they saw,heard and witnessed firsthand on how we are making a difference there. Yet, on the media I hear a total different story. Yes, I wish we never had invaded Iraq! So many families have lost sons and daughters and will be mourning their loss for a long time. Today, I pray for all of them. GOD BLESS THEM, GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

If there's anybody out there who still believes the President will end our occupation of Iraq anytime soon, please read the story below. The Prez himself now admits that the Iraqi security forces are not trained well enough to keep order in the country after the January elections.

So where does that leave our troops? This admission by the President opens the door for us to be in Iraq for years to come...sound familiar???

And the troops who have already seen combat are being "recycled" and called back to Iraq for multiple tours of duty incountry, even after they have served their tours. Why? All because the Administration doesn't want to reinstate the draft.

Miulang

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/122104B.shtml
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Unfortunately for the troops fighting in Iraq and for more than half the people on a recent survey who believe the war is not worth fighting and want Donald Rumsfeld out of office, George Bush and his administration want to "stay the course" and cannot be pursuaded by popular opinion to change strategic direction in the Middle East...yet. How many more disasters like the one just perpetrated against our forces in Mosul this morning is it going to take to change history?

Miulang

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle7523.htm

Initial information about the attack on troops in Mosul this morning:
        http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...html?gusrc=rss
        Last edited by Miulang; December 21, 2004, 10:13 AM.
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Just off the NEWS! oVER 19, possibly up to 24 dead while they were eating attacked! This MILITARY MOTHER IS MAD, DAMNED MAD! GOD Bless their families and give them strength to understand why, cause today I have no reasons of my own...

1stwahine

Comment

As much as the DoD would like Americans to think that the attack on the dining tent at FOB Marez was caused by a rocket and mortar attack launched by the insurgents from miles away, evidence has surfaced that the bombing was carried out by a suicide bomber who had infiltrated the camp.

This tells me that security of our troops is not as tight as it should be in order to protect our men and women as they eat or sleep. If our installations in Iraq are filled with infiltrators, then this will lead to mistrust between the civilian workers and the troops and more incidents like the one yesterday in Mosul occur, which will just make the situation worse for our troops stationed in Iraq.

It's ironic that a reinforced building is in the process of being completed that would protect troops and civilian workers as they eat. This building stands a few hundred feet away from yesterday's carnage.

Miulang

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...=351870&page=1
            Last edited by Miulang; December 22, 2004, 06:33 AM.

Comment

According to the ABC News story below, there was evidence 3 weeks prior to the suicide bomber infiltrating FOB Marez that the insurgents were planning such an attack (a la the Beirut bombing where over 250 American soldiers were killed). This information was known because notes were intercepted by guards at FOB Marez. So it appears that the commanders of the base at least were aware of a possible plot to blow up a vulnerable location within the base. The biggest bang for their buck would have been the mess tent, because that is about the only place where large numbers of troops would be gathered at any one time.

Also according to the report, the base commanders had stepped up security, but apparently they hadn't stepped it up enough so that an Iraqi worker (or possibly one of the security forces) could slip through and cause mass destruction.

Reports out of Landstuhl say that the majority of wounded being treated there suffered shrapnel wounds to their upper bodies and heads, which means that they were not wearing their body armor. The least the base commanders could have done was require that the troops wear body armor at all times, as uncomfortable as that is.

In the meantime, it appears that 8 of the 18 soldiers who died came from the Stryker Brigade based here at Ft. Lewis, WA, although the names haven't been released publicly yet. It is not going to be a happy Christmas for anybody in the state of Washington.

And breaking news: Rummy is reported to be at FOB Marez at this moment. I really don't know how his presence there is going to console any of the shell shocked survivors of the attack. Why was he not listening to the troops before this?

Miulang

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...C-RSSFeeds0312

Comment

Miulang, Despite whats going on here in my uhh...nutty life and fighting for every bit of sanity left, my heart aches for all the families whose loved ones were hurt or killed at FOB Marez. There is no excuse whatsoever. Rummy went there secretly to confer with the Commanders! He can't bring anybody back nor can he lessen the pain that the families are going through. Tears are flowing down my face. I got to take a break from the site. GOD, PLEASE PROTECT ALL OUR MEN AND WOMEN! Please,please bring them all home! A mom of three soldiers!

Comment

Confirmation that the planners in the Pentagon and in the Bush Administration are living in a fantasy world when it comes to strategies for "winning the war" in Iraq:

http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle7549.htm

Miulang

Comment

Now that Gen. Colin Powell is on his way out, information about transcripts of highly confidential videoconferences between George Bush and Tony Blair are leaking out in which Gen. Powell told both Bush and Blair that the coalition needed more troops on the ground in Iraq. Pres. Bush finally made the decision to increase the number of troops a few weeks after he asked Gen. Powell his opinion. Gen. Eric Shinseki has been vindicated.

Miulang

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1802&ncid=1480

Comment

• Re: The Iraq War-A Christmas Miracle

Although this happened 90 years ago and in another time and another war, being a firm believer in the cyclical nature of history, I wonder if we can ever see something as wondrous today as what happened 90 years ago on a battlefield far away? If not, why not????

Pax noel.

Miulang

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/122604A.shtml
                      Last edited by Miulang; December 25, 2004, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Re: The Iraq War-A Christmas Miracle

With Bush's cabinet dissappearing by the day, he keeps the lame (Rice/Wolfowitz/Rumsfeld) combo and the good ones like Powell depart I believe Bush's second term is going to go down in flames just like the last several Presidents who had second terms. With this dumb war getting worse by the day, people who supported Bush are going to take off their blinders one day and see what kind of mess they are in and regret ever voting for this idiot.

Like the shirt says, "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Kerry".

KalihiBoy

Comment

What galls me most are all the Republicans finally turning on Rumsfeld, when they were all smiles before November. It's clear they knew the ship was sinking, but it was more important to have Bush in the White House than to take steps months earlier... and perhaps save a few more lives.

Turnover between terms isn't uncommon, but I share your view. The smarter rats are running for the lifeboats, but the smelliest ones are clinging tighter than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            What galls me most are all the Republicans finally turning on Rumsfeld, when they were all smiles before November. It's clear they knew the ship was sinking, but it was more important to have Bush in the White House than to take steps months earlier... and perhaps save a few more lives.

Turnover between terms isn't uncommon, but I share your view. The smarter rats are running for the lifeboats, but the smelliest ones are clinging tighter than ever.
                            "See, we told you so!" Only problem is we now are too deeply entrenched in the Middle East, and we have to get rid of the "terrorists" in Syria, in Iran, in the Palestine and in Pakistan...Wanna bet that Syria will be the next regime to be "helped" out of power by America? Meanwhile the Israeli Mossad has been spying on us both here and around the world. I used to sympathize with the Zionists, now I know they are terrorists, just like al Qaeda, except our government is in bed with Israelis.

Miulang

Comment

Those sneaky terrorists have now figured out that while it's important to kill off our troops, an even more effective method of disrupting the January elections is to assassinate the officials who would be in charge of running the country after the elections. And many of the same officials are now having second thoughts about being part of the "new" Iraqi government.

Um, whose war is this, anyway???

Miulang

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Comment

I'd like to continue in this Thread...but I am now restricted. Not by the administrators at Hawaii Threads. Oh, well! There's the other threads!

Comment

Working...
                                X