X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    Depends on who's agenda we're talking about.
    Well hopefully ours and not the terrorists! I mean I do hope all of America is rooting for us and not for the guys in the funny hats.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I predict McCain will win in FL tomorrow.

I think it will eventually come down to Hillary vs. McCain.

What say you?
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        the guys in the funny hats.
        Calling turbans "the funny hats" is comparable to calling crucifixes "the funny sticks," or calling kahili "the funny feather-poles."

Comment

The Republican side of the primary season isn't garnering as much attention as the Democrats, but today is primary day in Florida and it may herald the end of the Huckabee campaign. Guiliani is not doing well either. McCain and Romney are close with Romney looking to have a slight edge.
          Last edited by glossyp; January 29, 2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: Delete info

Comment

McCain squeaks out a win to get all 57 Florida delegates. Rumors are that Guiliani will leave the race and endorse McCain.

Current Delegate Scorecard of those still in the race.

Democrats: Clinton 232, Obama 154, Edwards 62 (2025 needed to win nomination)
            Republicans: McCain 97, Romney 74, Huckabee 29 (1191 needed to win nomination)

Next big day is Super Tuesday February 5 when more than 20 states will hold primaries or caucuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              Calling turbans "the funny hats" is comparable to calling crucifixes "the funny sticks," or calling kahili "the funny feather-poles."
              Okay. Jesus died on a funny stick and the Alii carried funny feather-poles.

Hoo boy Mondays...BUT WILL IT...yeah it's getting old

Comment

And here's [video] John McCain's stance on "funny cigarettes."
                Woo hoo! Tie in.
                "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

The polls and Intrade market predictions show McCain winning all of the delegate-rich states on Feb. 5th. And this was even before McCain won in FL.

And it's the same story for Hillary. Obama's inspirational message and liberal establishment endorsements are simply not enough to overtake her. I think the country is ready to elect a black president, but I think he lacks the experience, the killer instinct, and the distinct message to be electable. HRC, for all her flaws, is the pragmatic choice for Democrats.

It'll be the maverick versus the ______ (not sure what single word best describes Hillary).
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Sorry TuNnL, and to any of you who would endorse Ron Paul.

Paul is beloved by Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, David Duke, and other fringers on the right. Paul's column in the American Free Press should raise the eyebrow's of anybody. Some of his quotes and writings over the last 30 years are racist to say the least. Please review your take on Mr. Paul.

HRC vs McCain seems a likely contest. It's like a microcosm of the 60's revisited. A war vet/POW vs. an icon to those who protested.

Will we ever escape the grip of Boomers?
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      NEVER as long as this Republican can tune in to Rush we'll never let go!!!

Comment

HRC vs McCain seems a likely contest. It's like a microcosm of the 60's revisited.
                        ...says the man who didn't live through them, and only has an image of the Sixties from history books and media documentaries. But I agree with your first sentence.
                        Yes. We're all gonna die before we get to see Gen-X take their turn at screwing things up...and they will, believe me. And your own children and grandchildren will remind you.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                          I admire Ron Paul's strict constitutionalist message. He is the only true conservative running, not to mention the most principled and incorruptible of all the candidates in both parties.
                          I resent this statement. There is a whole panel of candidates, most of whom are truer conservatives than anyone sporting an elephant button lining up for the Libertarian nomination.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            I resent this statement. There is a whole panel of candidates, most of whom are truer conservatives than anyone sporting an elephant button lining up for the Libertarian nomination.
                            I have no idea about the Libertarian candidates running. I was referring to the plethora of candidates in "both parties", meaning Republicans and Democrats.

Are you a supporter of Libertarian ideology then?
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                              Are you a supporter of Libertarian ideology then?
                              For the most part. At least on a national level. On a state level, I get a little bit more socially liberal and fiscally conservative. If the states did their jobs, the federal government could be much smaller and spend more money on the things a federal government should attend to.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                For the most part. At least on a national level. On a state level, I get a little bit more socially liberal and fiscally conservative. If the states did their jobs, the federal government could be much smaller and spend more money on the things a federal government should attend to.
                                Ahhh but the operative word here is, "IF". This whole damned world would be a better place to live in "IF" we all could just get along right?

IF is a decisive word in any contract and can really screw up the process when it's used in an agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X