Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Victimless Crime

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    Nothing to do with pot smokers or hookers.
    Nothing to say pot smokers or hookers can't be that corrupt teacher, or the rowdy student that forces the school to use metal detectors, or the bad neighbors that have caused parents to take their children to malls for supervised Trick O Treating. Society may not have obliterated itself yet but you can't deny we've been observing a decline in general society.

Comment

Nothing to do with pot smokers or hookers.
      Oh, I guess hookers don't get emotionally/mentally scarred by their work. Keep in mind that the perp is sometimes the victim.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Okay here's an angle for Hookers. A while ago my girlfriend was an interpreter for the deaf and blind. Some of her clients were also a bit on the overweight and otherwise rejected material from our materialistic society that hates ugly people. So put deaf, blind and ugly into one young man and you get someone destined to be a virgin for eternity.

Deep inside his hormones are raging but no one to rage with. His only recourse for intercourse? Hookers. These women took his money, but in return he got what no other woman was willing to give, their body for him to enjoy.

In this case it wasn't a crime but more physical and mental therapy for this young man. But still a crime in the eyes of the law.

Now pot smokers? Well it ain't victimless until that pot head takes out a city bus because he wasn't alert enough to spot the dangers when it confronted him.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Okay here's an angle for Hookers. A while ago my girlfriend was an interpreter for the deaf and blind. Some of her clients were also a bit on the overweight and otherwise rejected material from our materialistic society that hates ugly people. So put deaf, blind and ugly into one young man and you get someone destined to be a virgin for eternity.

Deep inside his hormones are raging but no one to rage with. His only recourse for intercourse? Hookers. These women took his money, but in return he got what no other woman was willing to give, their body for him to enjoy.

In this case it wasn't a crime but more physical and mental therapy for this young man. But still a crime in the eyes of the law.

Now pot smokers? Well it ain't victimless until that pot head takes out a city bus because he wasn't alert enough to spot the dangers when it confronted him.
          this is gospel.
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Luckily we can trust that same individual with alcohol.
            Last edited by sinjin; January 26, 2007, 10:46 AM.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

There are people, usually women but sometimes men, who work as "sexual surrogates" doing what you just described, but they are able to skirt the law by defining what they do as "therapy." I suppose different states would have different laws about this, though.
              "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Luckily we can trust that same individual with alcohol.
                you may but I wouldn't. But if you want to argue the point then maybe we should be banning alcohol as well.

I think those who try to make that comparison only will give more credance to ban everything. Kinda like that crab in the bucket mentality. If one tries to get out the rest pull em back down.

If one legal substance is compared to an illegal one, then in time that legal substance will be deemed illegal and now you can't have a beer and a toke. That to me is two steps backwards.

But you're right, alcohol is as bad if not worse than pot. Statistically alcohol kills more than most illicit drugs, so with that thinking we should be banning alcohol right? Or should we legalize illegal drugs?

Seems to me its easier to just ban alcohol. But I don't think you want that so I'd suggest that comparasion should be kept hushed up or else we will be a dry county.

Comment

Ohhh I smell a moral debate stewing in them words...and I'm gonna stay outta this one because EVERYONE HERE KNOWS the road I take on these issues.

But regarding the punishment in this particular case, it's Georgia! You know Bible belt state? Morals blah blah blah.

When I lived in conservative Idaho back in the late 70's one guy was given a life sentence for child molestation. Another guy raped and killed a convenience store employee and got 14-years. The talk around town was that the child molestor shoud've killed that girl and he'd have gotten off with a lighter sentence.
                  If Hawaii had Georgia's sex offenders laws no sex offenders could live on Oahu because one of them is no sex offender can live within 2 miles of a bus stop.
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

you may but I wouldn't. But if you want to argue the point then maybe we should be banning alcohol as well.

I think those who try to make that comparison only will give more credance to ban everything. Kinda like that crab in the bucket mentality. If one tries to get out the rest pull em back down.

If one legal substance is compared to an illegal one, then in time that legal substance will be deemed illegal and now you can't have a beer and a toke. That to me is two steps backwards.

But you're right, alcohol is as bad if not worse than pot. Statistically alcohol kills more than most illicit drugs, so with that thinking we should be banning alcohol right? Or should we legalize illegal drugs?

Seems to me its easier to just ban alcohol. But I don't think you want that so I'd suggest that comparasion should be kept hushed up or else we will be a dry county.
                    The biggest method of killing by alcohol is getting behind the wheel. So the focus needs to be on preventing drunks from getting behind the wheel. Perhaps when Toyota perfects a car that detects the alcohol level in a driver, that issue will be resolved.

Prohibition didn't work, dunno if you want to try that again.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      I don't understand why the girl did not go to jail also.

Girls always get away with everything.
                      Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      She was the "Child!"
                      yes, she was the younger child.

girls don't always get away with everything. cf the long island lolita, amy whatsherface (it's a friday afternoon, and work has tuckered my brain out, so someone please help me there). also monica lewinsky. there are more, i am sure. oh wait! here's an obvious one--EVE. as in adam and.

the reverse side of this kind of thinking is what makes the reality of men being raped by women so unbelieveable by so many.

did i mention i'm afflicted with tired brain? sorry folks--maybe i shouldn't post when i'm like this. carry on....
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                        The biggest method of killing by alcohol is getting behind the wheel. So the focus needs to be on preventing drunks from getting behind the wheel. Perhaps when Toyota perfects a car that detects the alcohol level in a driver, that issue will be resolved.

Prohibition didn't work, dunno if you want to try that again.
                        Comparisons can be made of anything that can kill directly or indirectly. But if you successfully argue your point, alcohol will be next on banishment.

As for drinking and driving, if a cop wants to stop a drunk driver, all they have to do is station themselves at the exits of all sporting events and bar parking lots. Or Timkona's driveway

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          Oh, I guess hookers don't get emotionally/mentally scarred by their work. Keep in mind that the perp is sometimes the victim.
                          Prostitution and marijuana wouldn't be such a problem if these things were safe, legal, and controlled, as it is in the Netherlands. I'm not a pot head, but I don't mind if other people do it, as for hard drugs, they have no place in civilized society.
                          Last edited by AlohaKine; January 27, 2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what jail time will do for these crimes?

http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/30/news/story12.html

http://starbulletin.com/2007/01/30/news/story11.html

Comment

In the second article ~ "But given the seriousness of his offenses, it's important that he and other potential offenders understand there will be serious consequences." I believe it holds TRUE for both MEN.

Ice destroys.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                In the second article ~ "But given the seriousness of his offenses, it's important that he and other potential offenders understand there will be serious consequences." I believe it holds TRUE for both MEN.

Ice destroys.

Auntie Lynn
                                I understand both are serious offenses but I still fail to see what jail time does except give these offenders free room and board, time to work out on weights, and make connections to far worse characters.

Financial penalties, community service, and a beating is more fitting. Or how bout old school, cutting off the hands? I think that sends the message that their offenses were serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X