Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stop lying!

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    OK, I had my chuckle, now I'll speak seriously, Levi, addressing two points:

I don't have much faith in the media of America (and I've worked in it), because everything is driven by money. Lack of faith is not the same as distrust, please note. But I don't believe most of our mainstream media have the cojones to track the truth behind a lot of major stories - because reporters will be stopped by corporate bosses, corporate bosses will be pressured to protect their huge kala piles, and because those bosses have friends in high places.

As for your opening line - that's not just America, that's the history of humanity. America is just the biggest superpower target of the present day. We are the modern Roman Empire, and like all past empires, we are falling. Doesn't matter who's in charge - Bush, Cheney, Gore, Clinton, Pelosi, Edwards, McCain, Giuliani - the path leads downhill.

Sure, some smart political maneuvering has the potential to slow the crumble. There are a lot of areas in the world where we (America) could make real progress towards peace and bettering the world's conditions - and part of me still has hope that I will live to see some of that progress - but overall, we're past the point of turning the ship around. Our time as dominator is ending.

Best thing we can do as a society is stop clinging to the "U.S.A. is Number One!" mentality, and start opening our eyes to the suffering of our fellow beings across the only planet we've got available to us. Not because we are "great and wonderful American saviors," but because we are human.

We see, we feel, we love, and we can do better.
    Excellent response Leo ~ I still have hope that the goodness of this country will prevail. We are all people ~ we are all connected and we must have compassion for EVERYONE not just people in this country.

"When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Hey, that's not MY thought.
      LOL, I nevah know we had one RANDOM in here...HI RAN, I'm KayA nice to meet you....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
        it needs to work on its marketing skills. bash america and try to drive ppl to its mlm scheme? sounds like a broken bot.
        its like a bot that advertises impotenece/enlargment pills and gifts for your mom. just doesnt work.
        I dunno, maybe the description was not intended as bashing. Maybe it was praise. MLM schemes depend on those on top preying on those on the bottom, so it makes sense, sort of.
        "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
          LOL, I nevah know we had one RANDOM in here...HI RAN, I'm KayA nice to meet you....
          Nice to meet you, too. What month are you?

*looks at his Playboy collection*
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I agree with Leo - it is not just America there is a similar history for most countries, present and past. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but work to make it better and stop complaining cause I am not buying!
            Looking for an old friend Nathan Bellinger, appreciate any help.

Comment

Hey Levi...you shop Tamuras?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                Nice to meet you, too. What month are you?

*looks at his Playboy collection*

I'm Ms. January!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Got2HaVKaYaNoW View Post
                  I'm Ms. January!!
                  Sometime this year, or when The Hawaiian Moving Company was a disco dance show?
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by maliaam6 View Post
                    Go to the site and stop reading propagandan newspapers and television bs's.
                    http://thirdworldtraveler.com

I understand how you guys feel in this thread though. I know you just wanna' hang me. But you just hang in there buddy, you'll get use to it. It is true
                    that America was created a land of bastards. Rape, pillage, build little houses on the prairie and multiply. No offense dude... it's just the way it is.

I market online and make $3,250 a/mo residuals from home...Care to try?

PEACE!
                    Levi

Capitalism at it's best!
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      But I don't believe most of our mainstream media have the cojones to track the truth behind a lot of major stories
                      The L.A. Times restates my point.

Comment

Originally posted by maliaam6 View Post
                        Go to the site and stop reading propagandan newspapers and television bs's.
                        http://thirdworldtraveler.com

I understand how you guys feel in this thread though. I know you just wanna' hang me. But you just hang in there buddy, you'll get use to it. It is true
                        that America was created a land of bastards. Rape, pillage, build little houses on the prairie and multiply. No offense dude... it's just the way it is.

I market online and make $3,250 a/mo residuals from home...Care to try?

PEACE!
                        Levi
                        when i read this, i think....napoleon's complex. and then i think...this person didn't pay attention in ANY of his history classes.

and then i think...he's too banal to offend me or anyone else on HT, though clearly he'd like to. and now i'm going to hie me to the bafroom to blow me nose and scratch me obet. *shrug*
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

anyone knows what he's/ she's trying to sell? I'm going to these sites and its like unclear as to what he's trying to accomplish...hmm, anyway doesn't matter no need to reply

smokin' KaYa....
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X