Sicko ~ Mr. Moore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sicko ~ Mr. Moore...

Dang Leo....what was the stinking question...cuz i just went back and couldnt find it....help me out, you know im good for an answer.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
      I see your point Scrivener. I guess I was thinking of the "exposing the truth type of genre" granted it is a long shot.
      Isn’t “exposing the truth” the objective of most new documentaries? I thought that’s what the formula established by Moore has proliferated in order to separate them from “documdramas” and “made-for-t.v. specials” and make them marketable as “must-see” movies.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        There is poetic irony in Greentara's post when she speaks of Moor's. That would be a word used to describe folks from the Middle East who plundered lower Europe in the 1100-1350's. (or some time back then)
        Good catch Tim ~ LOL
        "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

To paint Moore as less than honorable does not sit well with those who hate Bush. Politics, and emotion based belief systems, make for strange bedfellows. Moore is a hero to many folks who think that law & order is an overrated, and antiquated, concept on our planet.
          Yes, Tim one question has Bush "Politics" really contributed to bringing law and order to places like Iraq? Personally, to say I hate Bush is really an understatement. Gore Vidal referred to him recently as a dictator and he was correct, he has no respect for what the majority of the American people want. He is a disgrace to the office and a disgrace to this country. Not to mention the fact that he is probably one of the most inarticulate politicians in the history of the presidency. Thanks to Mr. Bush we are probably the most hated country in the world ~ good job Busher!!! I would love to see MoorE do a documentary on Bush.

Perhaps he could highlight his military career and tie it into the "mission accomplished" photo opportunity....

http://www.cer.uz/index.php?&lang=1&news=132
          Last edited by greentara; June 9, 2007, 07:04 AM.
          "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

There is poetic irony in Greentara's post when she speaks of Moor's. That would be a word used to describe folks from the Middle East who plundered lower Europe in the 1100-1350's. (or some time back then)
            oh. muh. gawd. no, you di-int.

but then again, timkona, what you said there just quintessentially captures you for whom you refuse to see you are.

Originally posted by greentara View Post
            Good catch Tim ~ LOL
            greentara, do yourself a favor--go ask.com or google or just check your world book encyclopedia to find out who the moors really were (mere plunderers, they were definitely, decidedly, and absolutely NOT). you'll see that timkona's referring to the accidental mispelling of "moore" into "moor" and calling it "poetic irony" is nothing but tim's vapid stupidity and lack of mind-mouth filter wrapped in the exceedingly, unforgiveably mistaken belief that he is clever. what he said is NOT a "good catch" by any means.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
              oh. muh. gawd. no, you di-int.

greentara, do yourself a favor--go ask.com or google or just check your world book encyclopedia to find out who the moors really were (mere plunderers, they were definitely, decidedly, and absolutely NOT). you'll see that timkona's referring to the accidental mispelling of "moore" into "moor" and calling it "poetic irony" is nothing but tim's vapid stupidity and lack of mind-mouth filter wrapped in the exceedingly, unforgiveably mistaken belief that he is clever. what he said is NOT a "good catch" by any means.
              Thank you ericncyn for the advice, but in Tim's world any one that is Muslim (Moors) would probably be a villain, as would someone like Michael Moore. Being Portuguese I feel rather close to the Moors ~ if it weren’t for the Moors we wouldn't have Fatima. I have learned that a little humor in life goes a long way particularly with people that resort to insults to get their point across. BTW I love you're signature line.

Last edited by greentara; June 10, 2007, 06:20 AM. Reason: Content

Comment

Dang Leo....what was the stinking question...cuz i just went back and couldnt find it....help me out, you know im good for an answer.
                Sorry, man - was referring to a number of other threads, where I tended to follow up on one of your comments with a pointed question or two - and you never answered; it's happened a couple of times.

The only reason I get into this kind of discussion with you, Tim, is because I am honestly surprised when you slip into black-and-white responses on a topic. My perception of you is that you are much, much smarter than that. Even when I disagree with your take, your answers are often clearly worked out and thought-provoking (as opposed to just being provocative.) I can't count how many times you've gotten me to re-examine my own perspectives and do further research into yours. Sometimes, it strengthens how I feel - and sometimes it gets me to reconsider some aspects. That's what I enjoy about your postings; you are not some simple sheep, blindly following so-called "leaders" of a particular political agenda.

Which is why it sometimes appears (to me, at least) that you take an easier, a lazier path in responding; falling back on generalities, or discounting other viewpoints too backhandedly. I give you credit for being a better debater than that - I wonder if you just don't want to put the effort into a discussion sometimes (I know the feeling - I just don't post at those times), or if you sometimes close off your mind to the wider range of unfamiliar (neither "wrong" nor "right") experiences that people share with you.

Either way - enjoy your birthday climb, and return safely to HT, please.

Comment

Working...
                X