Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WOW! Liberal Cornell President Rips Ahmadinejad!

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    My only regret is that they didn't arrest him and send him to a black hole.
    No, arresting him would be a regretable action on our part, as they may consider it as provocation for war. We don't have the resource to maintain stability in two nearby countries while go to war with another.

One can talk about open minded critical thinking and feel oh so intellectual and worldly or one can look at the truth of who this man is - a crazy ass madman who clearly states his intentions towards Israel and the free peoples of the Western world. I don't need to hear him lie from a podium that our freedoms provide to understand this man is a threat.
    You may not need to but others should see for what he truly is, a "petty and cruel dictator" who so "astonishingly uneducated" (I prefer "profoundly stupid"). But if they still consider him a benevolent leader, then I ask those citizens to get the hell out of here and move to Iran.

That also goes to any anti-war protestors who [think they] have the guts to rally against cleric Moqtada Al-Sadr and his cause to go to war against the US.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Why would anyone assume that the host of a university would invite a speaker and then be rude to them?"

I wouldn't assume but I would hope and am very pleased with this event.

Depends upon whether the host invited him and then was rude for the sake of just being rude to an enemy, or was the rudeness called for? in fact, was he really rude, or just blunt and challenging?

Some people think it's rude to simply tell it like it is. Some people think it's rude to tell someone the absolute truth of what you think of them. Others of us don't.

I disagree with Oric. In fact I can turn the tables and say that it was foolish, stupid and very unrealistic for the guest to accept said invitation and not expect to be treated without adoration by the enemy's camp.

In other words, screw Ahmadinejad, and that's putting it kindly.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

So much for a professional and diplomatic attitude.

Let's just throw sticks and stones and rant...that accomplishes SO much, and make the US look no better than them.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
          So much for a professional and diplomatic attitude.

Let's just throw sticks and stones and rant...that accomplishes SO much, and make the US look no better than them.
          SusieMisajon,

Are you alive and breathing? You want to be "polite" to the worlds most hateful leader? I guess you are a true Christian in the love thy enemy way??

Here are a few niceties expressed by your friend, the leader of Iran;

Nuclear Power
          “Iran is ready to transfer nuclear know-how to the Islamic countries due to their need.”

Holocuast Denial
          • "They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets."

Threats against Israel
          • "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."
          • "Remove Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations."
          • "The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land. As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."
          • "If the West does not support Israel, this regime will be toppled. As it has lost its raison d' tre, Israel will be annihilated."
          • "Israel is a tyrannical regime that will one day will be destroyed."
          • "Israel is a rotten, dried tree that will be annihilated in one storm."
          Relations with West
          • "[There is] no significant need for the United States."
          • "We are ready to hold dialogue with all countries of the world except for the Israeli regime."

9-11 Conspiracy theory
          • "Could [9/11] be planned and executed without coordination with intelligence and security services - or their extensive infiltration? Of course this is just an educated guess. Why have the various aspects of the attacks been kept secret? Why are we not told who botched their responsibilities? And, why aren't those responsible and the guilty parties identified and put on trial?"

Freedom of speech
          • "We believe that accurate dissemination of news and information is necessary for political growth and awareness as well as effective interaction among nations in today's world.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            What's the biggest part of the story? The speech that Bollinger gave, or the speech that Ahmadinejad gave?
            All of those and more are the big stories. Liberal media (NYT, LAT, SF Chronicle) could have covered any one but were so confused that they ignored it completely. The Hitler of 2007 comes to America, and the "news" organizations ignore it.

I think they, like all liberals are confused. They like this Iranian Kook because he hates the US and so do they. But really, this guy is a liberal's nightmare. He is a real conservative. He makes Bush and Cheney look like church ladies. He hates the west and the US but he also hangs gays and imprisons intellectuals.

Whats a liberal to do?? Well they should have celebrated that the Colombia president was upholding the values of freedom of speech that they supposedly fought for. But they didn't. Why? Because the liberal movement has become a vehicle for special interest power, not principled protection.

How much play did the conservative media give to the part of the speech where Ahmadinejad invited the students and professors in the audience to come visit Iran, and that he got a lot of applause over that one?
            None but the ugly Iranian has no credibility if you ask me so there is no reason to put any positive spin on anything he says.

I bet you he wishes he spent the entire session Bush-Bashing and I bet you the liberal "news" outlets would have covered his speech had he done that. But he did not mention Bush by name even once I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              others should see for what he truly is, a "petty and cruel dictator" who so "astonishingly uneducated" (I prefer "profoundly stupid").
              For a minute there, I wasn't sure you were still talking about Ahmadinejad, or some other president...

Comment

I am embasrrassed for the US that this man could be invited and then insulted like that. He may be bad, true...but the behaviour of his hosts make us all look bad.

Comment

I am embasrrassed for the US that this man could be invited and then insulted like that. He may be bad, true...but the behaviour of his hosts make us all look bad.
                  Well, we're counting on your president to take him on sometime in the near future what with all the not-so-veiled threats and promises coming out of Sarkozy recently.

Comment

Well, we're counting on your president to take him on sometime in the near future what with all the not-so-veiled threats and promises coming out of Sarkozy recently.
                    He's not mine...I just live here. But isn't is 'funny' how, once he goes and eats hamburgers and hodogs with Bush, that 'Freedom Fries' turn back into 'French Fries', and all is forgiven?

All that hate, all those insults...for nothing.

Never fear, within a few years, the warbrides being brought home by sevicemen will be Iranian. Just like the Japanese and the German ones before them.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                      I can turn the tables and say that it was foolish, stupid and very unrealistic for the guest to accept said invitation and not expect to be treated without adoration by the enemy's camp.
                      Susie, in general, I find myself in agreement with you more often than not, but I find myself persuaded by Karen's point here.

I believe Columbia invited him to speak as a way of exposing his poisonous messages to the withering scrutiny of the media spotlight; Ahmadinejad is delusional enough to believe that he would be welcomed in America with open arms.

Sort of like the Bush Administration felt U.S. soldiers would be treated, as "liberators" in Iraq. That sure turned out great, didn't it?
                      The more things change, the more they remain the same.
                      How very true. Though considering where you are stuck living, the original in French would have been the better quote: "Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        I believe Columbia invited him to speak as a way of exposing his poisonous messages to the withering scrutiny of the media spotlight; Ahmadinejad is delusional enough to believe that he would be welcomed in America with open arms.
                        I don't think Ahmadinejad did this for any reason other to position himself as a respected world leader for media consumption in the Arab world. While some residents of the Middle East will see the full scope of the Columbia event, most will not. It was done to bolster his standing in Arab minds and enhance his image as the next caliphate of the Muslim world. Delightfully for him, Columbia played right into his hands by giving a platform.
                        Last edited by glossyp; September 25, 2007, 08:40 AM. Reason: stray tag

Comment

quick rundown of some of media i read regularly:

slate.com's "why ahmadeinejad wanted to speak at columbia."

salon.com's "ahmedinejad: big man on campus" which has the amusing line, "we're glad you're here--so we can tell you you're an asshole."

salon also covers bollinger's questions and ahmadinejad's answers.

huffingtonpost has two videos of the speech.

newsweek's richard wolffe offers commentary on keith olbermann's countdown about the speech.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

So...he was baited?

Had our dear leader been treated this way, and asked to speak, and then insulted...

Comment

Had our dear leader been treated this way, and asked to speak, and then insulted...
                              Then again, he doesn't NEED anybody's help to look like a fool.

Comment

So...he was baited?

we wouldn't bat an eye. Aside from many glaring exceptions, as a general rule as Americans we do not live in a fascist society. We do not fear these conversations. We can expect it--that's one of the tenets of a free society.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X