Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Benazir Bhutto - assassinated by a suicide bomber

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Her opponents think they will benefit. They feel they can control her followers enough to prevent her from becoming a powerful martyr. We shall see if they are right, or blind.
    Better to NOT make her a martyr. Instead they did just that.

Whether she was shot by a bullet, struck by a bomb, or in the ensuing chaos she hit her head hard while trying to duck down through the very cramp sunroof, her death is going to cause many instability in that country now.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    I think we all have a part of us that sighs and wonders about the wrongs of other populations, and while each incident like this will cause some to pull away from the efforts to bring peace to the world, it will draw others into the job. We bother because these are our sisters and brothers in humanity.
    More like a hopeless brother we keep repeatedly bail him out of trouble. At what point do you finally say, "I don't want to be your safety net anymore. I got my own problems"?
    Last edited by Random; December 28, 2007, 08:26 PM.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
      No, I'm right with you on that. If the oil wasn't there, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be bothering at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I am more than ready for electric cars, or SOME other alternative fuel source.
      I think we should be get back to making our own stuff, much to the chagrin of business corporations' love of outsourcing and using outside human resources where labor law is lax or nonexistent.

Personally, I'm in favor of isolationism (what Tokugawa did before the US black fleet came knocking) with keeping an eye on foreign countries resenting us more to the point of using terrorism to get our attention. We no bother them, they no bother us.

Comment

I wonder if the people who did this, killed two birds with one stone?

I mean, you kill one enemy, and in so doing make another enemy pay the price.

Right now, the followers of Bhutto and many Pakistanis blame her death on President Musharraf, another not-a-saint who oppose terrorism (publicly). It's a classic Machiavellian political move. If the instabilities and the riots forced Musharraf out of office, there will be a power vacuum.

Comment

ya know I was thinking just the same. This act isn't going to make it any easier for the powers that be.

Of course someone will probably blame the Bush administration for this cowardly act. It never fails.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            I think we should be get back to making our own stuff, much to the chagrin of business corporations' love of outsourcing and using outside human resources where labor law is lax or nonexistent.

You mean like Biodeisel made from used egg roll oil ? Lots of people are doping that here in LA. I considered it, but it seems like alot of maintanence (filtering etc).
            I still think about it alot tho'.
            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
              You mean like Biodeisel made from used egg roll oil ? Lots of people are doping that here in LA. I considered it, but it seems like alot of maintanence (filtering etc).
              I still think about it alot tho'.
              but ya know in the long run it'll probably be cheaper to import used vegetable oil for biodiesel than to collect it locally.

But it sounds like a great commodity for China to export all of their wok oil after making all that stir fry.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                More like a hopeless brother we keep repeatedly bail him out of trouble. At what point do you finally say, "I don't want to be your safety net anymore. I got my own problems"?
                Probably when I'm dead, too, my friend. One might call it "enabling," while another might say it's the ticket price for existence on this realm (which sounds rather Christian for someone who professes not to be Christian, eh?)

Comment

In the modern day, we are not fighting a religious war. We are not fighting a war for oil. And it is only barely a regional war, unless you consider 1/4 of the planet as the region.

We are fighting a war to vanquish anachronistic cultural practices. It is true that some cultural practices are so vile as to justify all out war.

Bhutto was killed because she was perceived as progressive in her culture.

How can you believe that it is bad for women to drive cars, to become educated, or that dictatorships are preferable to democracy. Bhutto favored modernism, promoted women's rights, AND democracy. May her soul rest in peace.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                  X