Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bin Laden is DEAD!

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Second the choppers used in the raid were almost silent. Neighbors nearby did not hear anything remarkable.
    Interesting. By the way, have any good pictures of the down helicopter been released?

I assume/hope they were able to destroy most of the sensitive electronics. The helicopter had a unique tail. I wonder if Pakistan will sell the tail to China or someone.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

[...]
      Second the choppers used in the raid were almost silent. Neighbors nearby did not hear anything remarkable.[...]
      Here I go, unable to cite my reference but my memory is still digging deep for it. It might've been the Today Show last week, someone "in the know" was interviewed and talked about how high tech the choppers were, including being rigged for silence. That amazed me. Whodathunk...silent choppers.
      Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
      [...]The helicopter had a unique tail. I wonder if Pakistan will sell the tail to China or someone.
      Ooooh, I'm smelling an eBay listing!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        ROTFL

>.<

Wouldn't be funny if the highest bidder wasn't a foreign government agency, but some obscenely wealthy individual who wanted a piece of history?
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

What really matters is the Paki nukes. While many Paki's are fans of the US, there are so many risk factors concerning their arsenal that they'll probably be our biggest problem, if not already, and once public opinion turns against us, as is the current trend in the area, it's pau. And the chopper tail is the next shoe to drop.
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
            Interesting. By the way, have any good pictures of the down helicopter been released?
            This is the only picture(s) I've seen on the Internet. Helicopter experts say it is like something they've never seen before. A silent, stealth helicopter. In the early 2000's I worked for a company that was buiding stealth rigid inflatable assault boats for the Navy. No, you may not ask me questions about it.

I wonder if Pakistan will sell the tail to China or someone.
            The technology is well known to all the world's superpowers.

Tutu, forget it! You cannot afford the shipping to Hawai'i.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
            What really matters is the Paki nukes. While many Paki's are fans of the US, there are so many risk factors concerning their arsenal that they'll probably be our biggest problem, if not already,.
            In my opinion, Pakistani intelligence has already been compromised by the US. Remember, the Pakistani are the Keystone Kops. I bigger threat, in my opinion, are N. Korea nukes. The "Great Leader" likes to get in his cups with expensive French Brandy. Nothing is worse than a drunk, megalomaniac, narcissistic leader with a nuclear arsenal! Muslims don't drink alcohol.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

[...]
              Tutu, forget it! You cannot afford the shipping to Hawai'i.
              True but the biggest issue is would it fit in the freight elevator at my condo building?!!!
              [...]Nothing is worse than a drunk, megalomaniac, narcissistic leader with a nuclear arsenal![...]
              There is something worse: being married to one!

Comment

OBL is dead. I'm loving it. For the first time in his life, B.O. did something right.
                Last edited by AlohaKine; May 7, 2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

NY Times had a detailed piece this week on the new helicopters used:
                  http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/wo...elicopter.html

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                    OBL is dead. I'm loving it. For the first time in his life, B.O. did something right.
                    In his life? Really? He was a smoker. I would've thought that fact would be high on the approval list for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Where's Francisco Franco?
                      Nobody got the reference.
                      Did SNL do a Bin Laden is still ____ punchline?

Comment

True but the biggest issue is would it fit in the freight elevator at my condo building?!!!
                        Then obviously it won't fit inside your condo either!

There is something worse: being married to one!
                        The operative word is in the past tense. Good for you.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Nobody got the reference.
                          Did SNL do a Bin Laden is still ____ punchline?
                          I got it; he's still dead, too.

Comment

Then obviously it won't fit inside your condo either!
                            My condo IS larger than the freight elevator...but not by much!

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                              He's one up on Bush. I'm loving it too!
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

CBS 60 Minutes tonight has Steve Kroft's interview with President Obama concerning the Osama bin Laden mission. It is an enlightening interview, conducted by a professional journalist. It is as much a treat to see the adult mind of President Obama at work as it is to see a professional journalist at work, not some disrespectful idiot child attack dog for Fox abusing the medium for political and personal harassment. It is such a change from the childish brat bush years. An intelligent adult mind guiding the nation, what a treat!

Comment

Working...
                                X