• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mideastern Rage

Open for suggestions. Seriously.

Comment

What? You worried about how to advise the president when he asks for your opinion? You think we know as much or more about the details of events and our relationships with those countries to give you a considered opinion as good or better than the president's advisors? Shhheeesh!

Here's my opinion, let those with the knowledge and the power to act on that knowledge make the decisions, that is, trust our elected officials to do their jobs. [I'm not particularly an establishment supporter, but one must do what must be done.]
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

The entrenched bureaucrats never face election and supply information to
        the president that serves their own purposes.

Two heads are better than one and democracy is all about letting
        all our minds work together for the common good.

The first one hundred days of JFK was marred by a nasty little event

called "The Bay of Pigs".

An event triggered by un-elected officials.

I think the collective mind has a lot more common sense than the powers that be presume.

Comment

As to suppressing the First Amendment. A magazine in France is publishing cartoons of Mohammed. Why? Whats the purpose of annoying people? A screaming 5 year old throwing a tantrum, say on a 5 hr. flight: protected speech? Why or why not? If the guy who did the movie, who conned (defrauded) his actors and crew, has any possibility of being deported he should be. Loads of people get deported for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            Open for suggestions. Seriously.
            We are afraid of the unknown, the unexpected. Terrorists have us irrational. We are simultaneously mad as hell and quaking in our boots.

Suggestion? Either find an effective way to fight the trend, or bend over, spread your thighs and kiss your ass goodbye.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              I'm not here to twist your arm and you're not here to twist mine. I can open a door, but you must decide to walk through or not
              [and it's no use peeking through, 'cause that ain't gonna take you anywhere new]. Go, check it out, return home if you don't like it.

[Not for everybody]
              You're being deliberately obscure, is all.
              ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                You're being deliberately obscure, is all.
                Yes, I agree. I thought the interesting way to construe the question was: Is becoming a terrorist a natural human response to circumstances? But if all that is meant is: Did you ever directly cause people to become terrified of you in order to achieve some political end? then probably for all of us here, the obvious answer is No. So if you were actually worried whether you might have been a terrorist without even knowing it, please relax.
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                  Yes, I agree. I thought the interesting way to construe the question was: Is becoming a terrorist a natural human response to circumstances? But if all that is meant is: Did you ever directly cause people to become terrified of you in order to achieve some political end? then probably for all of us here, the obvious answer is No. So if you were actually worried whether you might have been a terrorist without even knowing it, please relax.
                  Oh, not at all, I was just trying to understand his initial comment that "Terrorists are just like you and me. There is no difference. None. Whatsoever."

Frankly, from his reaction, I believe even he didn't know what he was saying, and now he's trying to cover it up.

9pm on a Saturday night... not unlikely he was 'in his cups' and playing 'terrorist.'
                  ~ ~

Comment

Banning offensive speech doesn't make offensive people go away, it merely allows the offended to pretend they don't exist.
                    (from @JamesFirth)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      Banning offensive speech doesn't make offensive people go away, it merely allows the offended to pretend they don't exist.
                      (from @JamesFirth)
                      I quite agree. But who is being offensive (me?),or someome else?
                      ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                        This whole thing shows the incompetance of the Obama administration to fail to have a Marine Corps presence at consulates in the middle east. Because of B.O.'s foolishness, our embassador in Libya is dead.
                        --- Time for change in November.
                        Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Two of the four killed were former Navy SEAL members (Glen A. Doherty, Tyrone S. Woods) - are you disrespectfully suggesting they were not competent enough to provide security?
                        I note that AlohaKine (in the fashion typical of his type of clueless ranting sheep) has not come back to answer my question. Perhaps he's been following the congressional inquiries that have shown budgetary cutbacks for the Bureau of Diplomatic Security have come from the Republican-led House of Representatives?

Comment

I think the real issue here is that the attack in Libya was not associated with the 'Mideastern Rage' riots. The people at that outpost knew the dangers, the Libyan authorities told them they couldn't protect them, and they chose to remain. They weren't ordered to remain, they chose to remain. Assigning more soldiers to that location may have only resulted in more casualties, not less.
                          Last edited by salmoned; October 11, 2012, 07:28 PM.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                            I think the real issue here is that the attack in Libya was not associated with the 'Mideastern Rage' riots.
                            You are right. The Obama administration has admitted that they made the connection in error between the attack on the consulate and anger over the film.

Comment

In last night's VP debate VP Biden pointed out that Ryan had voted to cut $300 million from embassy security funds. If you vote for something you don't have any right to complain about the consequences of your own vote. An apology would have been more honest. Fat chance. At the same time it looks like requests for more security actually had been passed up the chain of command and the administration seems to have dropped the ball. But investigations continue, no verdict is possible until more facts come to light.

Comment

Working...
                              X