HT 'ohana pet photo gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT o`hana pet photo gallery

Peter Bunny (named by our kid when she was nine years old). He's a dwarf orange rex, about a foot long and right at four pounds. We picked him up at the Humane Society when he was just about fully grown, and now he's nearly eight years old. He's not very well socialized but he's finally managed to train us.

I was surprised to find out how much personality bunnies have. They're very expressive-- when they're happy or angry you definitely know it. And the phrase "quiet as a bunny"? Oxymoronic.

He has the run of the family room & diningroom, where luckily we've finally finished bunny-proofing everything. He has his own palm branches, cardboard boxes, & drywall pieces to work with now.

When you pet a bunny you can feel your pulse rate & BP dropping.
    Attached Files
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

The cuteness level on this thread is just through the roof! It should come with a disclaimer.

HawaiiMama and Nords -- your bunnies are both very cute! I've gone back and forth on wanting a pet rabbit. From what I read they seem like such characters.

Tattrat -- I see you mean about the "vicious attack" part. Look at those teeth! And that tongue! And those buggy little eyes! I wouldn't trust her. Although, I wanted to say that's a gorgeous photograph as well.

Kanahina -- TWO beagles? Sounds like trouble! My mom has a beagle-basset mix and she's incredibly stubborn and bossy. My mom says she likes to "practice her Arrs", because she does this funny "Arrarrrrarrr" noise.

Here is my boy Templeton. He's a dumbo (side-set ears) black berkshire (solid coloring with a white stomach). I don't know his age, but I'm guessing by his size that he's still not fully grown. My cousin called me up one day a few weeks back and said a friend of her husband's was being transferred (they're in the navy) and needed someone to take in his pet rat. He's a real sweetie although he's a little shy.
      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Hey, Nords, Peter is BEAUTIFUL! One of my friends has a smaller bun that looks a lot like Peter, and he is such a love--and his fur is sooooo soft. I agree that petting them is a great way to be calmer. He is so pretty--and much bigger than Pixie; she weighs about 1 1/2 lbs.!! Icee, at his prime, weighed about 7 lbs., but when he passed away, he was so skinny and bony. Poor darling. We have had several dwarf bunnies, and they weem to be more sociable and loving than the bigger ones, although Cottie was bigger, and she was our kissing bunny--she kissed us allllll the time!! They have very distinct personalities--and they are a joy to have around. I love all these photos, and the beagles are so cute--smiling!!!

Comment

The moderator of this thread is...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
            we have since added two more doggies to our family:

Lucy is the lemon/white Beagle and Buster is the tri-color Beagle.
            You have a Beagle named Lucy? So do I!

Lucy is the one in the foreground. The one in the background is her daughter, Ginger. When Lucy had her puppies, two of the five were lemons. They were very popular and were the first 2 to sell. They were ADORABLE!

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
              You have a Beagle named Lucy? So do I!

Lucy is the one in the foreground. The one in the background is her daughter, Ginger. When Lucy had her puppies, two of the five were lemons. They were very popular and were the first 2 to sell. They were ADORABLE!
              so cute! I always wanted a beagle, and i was looking on craigslist and those two were up for "rehoming/adoption" but the original owner wanted them to stay together so we got two instead of one. I like the lemon color, I don't see too many like that.
              I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Re: HT 'ohana pet photo gallery

Ka`onohi = Cat Person:

This is Hinahina
                hina embroidered.jpg

This is Nigel, now gone. My favorite.
                nigel basket.jpg
                Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                ~ ~
                Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

These are our two dogs. Lilly has the remote and Sam is the one all curled up. I miss them so much- it's like part of our little family is missing. They're back on the mainland with Jason's parents to avoid the quarantine, and I can't wait to see them again in January.
                  Attached Files

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Well, since we're moving back at the end of January, I don't have to worry about flying my pups out here after all! So I have to go another whole month without seeing them, but I think they'll be much happier staying put. Thanks to all of you who helped me figure out how to get them over here, and good luck to all of those who are bring their pets over.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It was lovely to see all your pets! I can't wait to post a pic of our dog when we adopt one.

Comment

Picture 024.jpg
                        These are my babies, Meg on the left and Jesse on the right

Comment

Heres my Neenja Boy-

Comment

Pretty cat! Look at those claws. With the eyes, he almost looks like a statue that just fell over.

I can imagine after the camera flash he blinked, finished stretching and stalked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Enamorada View Post
                              It was lovely to see all your pets! I can't wait to post a pic of our dog when we adopt one.

So the time has come, after almost two years waiting, we were able to rescue a dog from the Humane Society...meet Ronin!

Comment

*bump*

A new photo of my 13-year-old Hoku:

I rescued her from the Humane Society in Kaimuki when she was just a few weeks old. She's been a 100% indoor cat her entire life; never had fleas, ticks, battle wounds, etc.
                                For the past year or so she's been in mega-cuddle mode. Every night when I go to bed she curls up right next to my chest and purrs like crazy. And if I roll over to my other side, she rolls over too and cuddles up against my back. I'm curious -- does anybody else's cat do that?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X