Clear All

• Re: Noisy Neighbors

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    Cue Beatles Music:
    "Lookin' for a home in the heart of the country...."
    Well, solo Paul, not really Beatles...

Comment

In my neighborhood we just have dogs. Lots of constantly barking dogs. I didn't know a dog could bark for three straight hours. There are three houses that backup to ours, and all three have these magically non-stop barking dogs. Do the people inside just not hear them? When our dogs start barking, I run to shush them...but they aren't outside long enough to make that noise.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

SG - you should check with your local humane society about the barking. Lots of communities have rules about this and the dog owners can possibly be cited for letting the dogs bark. The citation here also calls for a fine.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
          In my neighborhood we just have dogs. Lots of constantly barking dogs.
          Aaarghhhh! I'm dealing with those crazy "3 hour barking power" doggies in my neighborhood tonight! Just as soon as they all settle down for a minute, another one starts howling or barking! Gah! They just started again! One or two dogs trigger every dog on the block! Grrr! Lil' cute fuzzy sweet pain in the........'s!

Oh, and hell no I'm not going to complain to anybody. If my 83 year old landlady puts up with it, I think I can too.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

well, you ARE complaining about it - just not to anyone who can do anything to give you peace & quiet
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

hahaha!! yeah, you're right!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Well, solo Paul, not really Beatles...
                Well, if you want to get technical, Heart Of The Country is a Paul and Linda McCartney song. Yeah, I know. She was given co-writer credit on that song (as well as every other song on the Ram LP) because Paul's songwriting royalties were being tied-up in a complicated lawsuit during the early '70s. But still, Ram is credited to Paul and Linda.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Double post, sorry!

Comment

So I saw this infomercial for Barkoff. It's supposed to send out a safe signal to dogs we can't hear that makes them stop barking. It said you can put it outside and it works within a certain radius. Since it's only like $15, I'm thinking of getting one and putting outside...maybe that'll be an easy solution to my doggie barking blues. Because this is getting ridiculous! And I'm not quite sure which house the worst offenders are coming from. If it works, TG, I'll send you one!

Comment

SG = please be sure to let us know if this works! I've got a noisy, barking dog living by my house too.
                      – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=239826391

Boy,Bieber.

Comment

I am not sure how anyone else here in HT dealt with noisy neighbors....

but, when we moved in to our new neighborhood, our neighbor in the back of us, were totally really noisy (long after 10 pm & passed 12 midnight, & through 2 am partying & talking really loud) at first in the beginning, what we did was, we waited & hoping they would change, & grow a conscience, & be aware more of others in their surroundings,but, nope, they did not, & continued to do the same thing at nights, so we sent a letter to the management about our complaints, which helped some, & it still continued, we called the the police to have them remind our neighbors in the back that quiet time is after 10 pm or starts at 10 pm, when that still continued, we would call the management & let them them know what was going on in their building etc. NOW our neighbors in the back are REALLY quiet. Don't use ear plugs & hope they will stop or change, NO!! they will never have any conscience & any feelings about others that they are keeping them awake!!. Don't use other form of technologies to help you, you just need to act on it, & do something to change it, DO NOT HOPE they will change, make them change it!!!. NOW we are a lot happier that our area where we live is very quiet in the evenings. Every now & then, they (in the back of us) may slip up, & make noise after 10 pm, we would just help them to remind them by calling our friendly neighborhood reminder . During the day, is totally different idea, sometimes I hear one of the woman in the back of us yelling at their kids etc. During the day is something we don't have any control of, because we are all suppose to be awake & doing what ever, working, cleaning our home, using the phone, watching tv, etc etc etc. Just saying . I know that our sleep is very important to us to be able to function right during the day .
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                            Or come to my neighborhood and you can complain about roosters! They are just so loud and continually making noise day and night!
                            Lucky you no live in Temple Valley area, where the peacocks screech al day and night.
                            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                            ~ ~
                            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                              Or come to my neighborhood and you can complain about roosters! They are just so loud and continually making noise day and night!

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                              Lucky you no live in Temple Valley area, where the peacocks screech al day and night.
                              You know what I would do to birds when they make all that noise & owners can't control them no matter how many times they reminded?? I would go in the eve of darkness, & shoot them , & take them home with me, & have it for dinner. . Ha ha ha, I wish!! just kidding . Perhaps in my mental fantasy I would do it, but not in reality.
                              Aches & Pains
                              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                                we called the the police to have them remind our neighbors in the back that quiet time is after 10 pm or starts at 10 pm, when that still continued,
                                Matapule supports you on this. Keep calling the police. Make a pest of yourself to the police if you have to. If the police start to ignore you, then go to your elected local representative. Keep a log of your calls to the police and the results. Present that to the local rep and file a complaint against the police. YOU WILL GET RESULTS!

manamonomonuia (good luck)
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X