X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spouse vs Family

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
    I'm sorry, I just can't live up to my HT made up name (serenity), its just way too hard being serene. I just like the name.
    Consider it an aspirational handle, then. A goal to work towards. Good luck.

Comment

Serenity: You have a lot of stress in your life. If at all possible, perhaps you and your family members should consider mediating to see if at least some of the differences can be resolved? Sometimes a neutral party can help you all to see things a little differently or to try to understand each other better. In any event, I wish you luck and happiness.

Comment

Deleting Thread(s).

To Helen &/or to the Admin,

Please please be kind as to just please delete/remove my recent thread that I made ("Spouse vs Family")

I am not sure myself if I may continue being here.

We are planning on moving.

(Not saying when & Where)

For now, please remove/delete the whole entire thread of Spouse vs Family.

I have NOT decide yet if I may continue to stay & post here or not.

Thank you.

P.S. I truly apologize for posting all that in a thread publicly.

If I do decide to not continue,

Thank you for letting me be here in HT & allowing me to post my rants & other stuff.

Aloha.
        Aches & Pains
        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

For those who replied back, thank you

And, I am very sorry for posting this thread!!.

Helen &/or to the Admin.

Please Delete/remove this thread-> "Souse VS Family".

Thank you.

P.S. for the one that sent me a message privately, I am very sorry too.

I am very sorry that I posted this thread.

I wont be posting anymore.

I may or may not keep my profile here, am not sure yet.

Aloha.

Last edited by Serenity; March 12, 2009, 04:27 PM.
          Aches & Pains
          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Oh, this makes me sad. Serenety has this thread where she reaches out to her HT ohana and shares a part of her life because she needs advice, opinions, or personal experiences and reassurances....and we are there for her...but now because someone PMed her, she's all upset and wants to bail out. Don't do that, Serenity! You have every right to have your thread to vent on! And though I am very fortunate not to have any dramatic family problems, I learn a lot about family dynamics by reading your thread. Hang in there, girl.
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I second Turtlegirl’s post. If venting on this thread helps you all the better.

I wish you to be granted the SERENITY to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can, and to have the wisdom to know the difference.

An old saying but oh so true.

I think that will help you a lot.
              "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
              Ayn Rand

Comment

I've got to echo what Turtle girl has said. It strikes me that this is a forum about sharing :- Photos, Recipes, Happy experiences, Problems ,,, etc.

Many members can relate to yours posts. I don't think they are "rants" but I do believe that it's good to get things out of your system, especially wtih members you know and trust.

All I ask is that you re-consider your idea of not posting here again.

p.s. I find them to be a great crowd on here I have been posting my recipes here for about 9 months and nobody has died from them yet ?

Comment

The reality is that for some people it is better that they limit their access to publically talking trash about their family.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                    The reality is that for some people it is better that they limit their access to publically talking trash about their family.
                    Bingo! Once a message is sent to the www (WORLD WIDE web) it's there for all to see and interpret as they choose. Hawaii Threads is read by people around the globe. Many employers google potential employees to find out how much baggage these people might be carrying. There really is such a thing as TMI.

Even if admin removed this thread I believe it's still archived and will be available to curious eyes for a very long time.

Comment

I third it! Serenity, you have to do what keeps you sane. We are all here for you, sweetie. If it's easier to unburden yourself to us than face-to-face with those you know, that you just keep right on. If anyone has a problem with it, than just don't read this thread. No one's forcing you to. There are plenty of other threads to read.

Please, please, Serenity- don't let one or two flamers drive you away. If TG doesn't mind me using her as an example (and I know she won't), she got some bad PMs for one of her threads, but she just let it go.

As for your SIL- you have to make sure you're tossing out the weed seeds she's trying to plant in your mind. If you just ignore her comments and pettiness, those seeds will still be in your mind. It's like if you ignore a bunch of weeds in your yard. They'll still grow. You have to rip 'em out and throw 'em away. Don't let anyone's ugly words take root and grow in your mind.

I'm praying for you, Serenity. Remember that you'll always have people who care.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

I don't understand why this thread is still here. OP asked for it to be taken down, as it has clearly become regrettable.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                          I don't understand why this thread is still here. OP asked for it to be taken down, as it has clearly become regrettable.
                          Perhaps because admin is out of town at the moment; or perhaps because removing threads is something he's not inclined to do?

Comment

Only because other people have made it regrettable to her. Does it really matter why it's still here? OP may have changed her mind. Again, if it bothers you so much, don't read it.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                              Only because other people have made it regrettable to her. Does it really matter why it's still here? OP may have changed her mind. Again, if it bothers you so much, don't read it.
                              SG, possibly you missed PM's point. Or, possibly, I missed yours.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                                Showing respect for an obviously painful request isn't a bother, genius. Serenity has contributed for a long time to HT. I myself would rather honor her wishes.

WTF is the point of your response to me, anyway?

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X