No announcement yet.

Xmas Without Those We Love And Miss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Xmas Without Those We Love And Miss!

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    just like the Rolling Stones, yeah?

yea
    je'like da Strolling Bones

Comment

No betta...I easy!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha!
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        t'aaanks, eh!

thass what i need to be reminded of.
        Mumsy dropped by the other day and hell was unleashed when I wished them happy holidays as they left...
        Like a good mormon gal, she corrected me with a scream;
        "It's Merry Christmas"! Not the generic "Happy Holidays!"

I then replied; oh.. ok, then... uh, "Happy Christmas!" she had a fit with that one, too.
        there's no pleasing some people, eh?
        Heheheh. Your Mom is Mormon? I had enough of them when I was in college at the UofU for 2 years many moons ago. Actually, most of my Mormon friends were "jack" Mormons, because they did all the nono's and more!
        I do love the Mormon Pumpernickle Choir, though. And if you've ever been through the Tabernacle in SLC, it really is rather awe inspiring. Considering the fact that the founders of the Church were run out of Illinois as heretics, you would think they of all people would understand and practice tolerance for other opinions. I think the Mormons who live away from SLC are more Mormon than many of the resident Mormons of the state of Utah!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

GOOD 1 MIULANG!rolling in in kitchen,parlor and oops fell down!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            I do love the Mormon Pumpernickle Choir

that is the funniest damn thing i heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
              Heheheh. Your Mom is Mormon?

Miulang

could write a book on growing up jackmormon. all the subterfuge, rebellion, wackiness of the role, trying to lead a regular life as a keiki and teen, while at the same time, balancing it with the mormon ways to try to appease mom...

There were the early morning "seminary" things. what torture.

then every tuesday nite, have missionaries over and some friends and have what i started calling back then: "family wasted evening".
              I actually have home movies of these, wherein i am invited to it from my Waikiki home, and i am seen drinking primo! In a mormon gathering! just to be rebellious, I suppose. was about 18 or so at the time.

it was cool, tho in some respects, Since we spent muuuch time laie side, had and have a great extended ohana... so... if and when we find ourselves on da mainland, any and every Hawaiian, Samoan or Tongan mormon was cousin. or auntie or uncle. and we all knew each other. and were somehow related!
              fer example, have some friends in Cali. They run a halau. She is mormon and samoan. I asked her eh. what is nephi hanneman doing now?
              She told me what he is doing now. And i mean right now! This particular week, what he is involved with and wheah he steh living...
              small world.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Yeah, lots of ono food,desserts and more presents to open...but no moa those that were here last year cause they passed on. No more the kids cause they in the military. Then theres my brothers,sisters,neices and nephews etc. who live on the mainland cause their jobs and the high cost of living here in Hawai'i Nei sent them away. They're doing much better but in cold weather. I miss them all...especially, (crying)...my son and daughter(who is in Afganistan & Germany)!BOO HOO I wanted to go home and get back on the computer...seems everybody has one at home! Hence, have to stay at the PARTY until six then head out back to town for another one but only going show face then hele home! So, how's your day?1:46 pm.

4:23 pm. I sneaked away.hehehe I'm in my home, blasting the XMAS music and doing what I like best...talk story so start talking! nah! I love writing so I'll go to Hawai'i Stories for a bit and check in and out of Hawaii Threads then off again to another party. Oh! Anybody know any Karaoke Place(Non-Korean Bar ) more upper class. My neices want to take their Auntie singing tomarrow!

Can't believe this was the second Xmas I've spent away from my family and my old friends back in OH. Decided to keep busy, so I planned a holiday dinner for my other friends in a similar situation and also attended various holiday parties, mostly through my boyfriend, who has family here. My boyfriend was overseas with the military starting in Dec, wasn't supposed to be back until after Jan 2005, but then circumstances changed and he made it home right before midnight on Xmas Eve! :-) A little Xmas miracle...

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
                  Can't believe this was the second Xmas I've spent away from my family and my old friends back in OH. Decided to keep busy, so I planned a holiday dinner for my other friends in a similar situation and also attended various holiday parties, mostly through my boyfriend, who has family here. My boyfriend was overseas with the military starting in Dec, wasn't supposed to be back until after Jan 2005, but then circumstances changed and he made it home right before midnight on Xmas Eve! :-) A little Xmas miracle...
                  tHIS IS ONE YEAR LATE..but I just found it. Please tell your boyfriend I said, Thank you, for putting his life on the line 24/7, so I can live in FREEDOM! I'm happy to hear you had a Miracle...they do happen, despite all the ugliness in the world. You just have to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55

it was cool, tho in some respects, Since we spent muuuch time laie side, had and have a great extended ohana... so... if and when we find ourselves on da mainland, any and every Hawaiian, Samoan or Tongan mormon was cousin. or auntie or uncle. and we all knew each other. and were somehow related!
                    fer example, have some friends in Cali. They run a halau. She is mormon and samoan. I asked her eh. what is nephi hanneman doing now?
                    She told me what he is doing now. And i mean right now! This particular week, what he is involved with and wheah he steh living...
                    small world.
                    So if you spent plenty time Laie side, den you know about pake cakes, no? Somebody up here on da mainland was asking about pake cake. I did some research and found out dat oni da guys in Laie know about pake cake. Even da pakes up here don't know about pake cake! Used to come from Sam Store, yeah? (Sam Choy's dad used to own da store?)

Miulang

One good thing about da Mormons, though, they take care of their own. I admire that, although I know my jackmormon friends used to dread those family nights, too!
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X