Don't talk to my kids like that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't talk to my kids like that!

And here we go again (yet another example of passive aggressiveness )

Boy I tell ya I think we all live in a world of passive aggressive inuendo's. Like not letting someone merge into our lanes by speeding up: Oh I'm not acting aggressive, there's simply not enough room for that jerk to cut me off in My lane that's all.

Oh well if you didn't speed up then there would have been enough room.

Let me guess Lavagal, this woman probably remarked about how it's much nicer if kids were to be quiet and not play around in a shopping cart? You know it but she caught your kids before you could discipline them making you look bad to everybody else who heard the remarks right and she probably knew it too which would make anyone upset.

You were the victim of a condescending person. So next time a person talks to you like that simply put your ear next to her mouth as if she were whispering to you and suddenly with a shocked face say, "You want to do what with my children! Get away you pervert!" and demand to see a manager. Ohhh the look on her face would be priceless!

My friend Timmy used to use that move when some gal would say no to him at a nightclub but he'd say, "What $50!" then walk away leaving the poor girl with her jaw dropped and a sudden reputation at that club.
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; July 15, 2005, 02:09 PM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Passive Aggressive: during a serious discussion, "clamming up" so that all progress on resolution stops. You appear to be doing something benign (ie: not arguing), but in reality you are antigonizing the other person by an unwillingness to have a discussion.
      It's my speciality...

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

My friend Timmy used to use that move when some gal would say no to him at a nightclub but he'd say, "What $50!" then walk away leaving the poor girl with her jaw dropped and a sudden reputation at that club.
        My nightclubbing days are over so I gotta remembah dat one for my next life.

Comment

Sheesh ... I know what the term "passive aggressive" means. My question was, what did the other woman actually say? I still don't know. Perhaps everyone here has successfully deciphered whatever code the first post was written in, because the general consensus seems to be that the mean old haole bitch got what she deserved.

Moving on ...

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
            Sheesh ... I know what the term "passive aggressive" means. My question was, what did the other woman actually say? I still don't know. Perhaps everyone here has successfully deciphered whatever code the first post was written in, because the general consensus seems to be that the mean old haole bitch got what she deserved.

Moving on ...
            Actually, MadAzza, I didn't give her a chance to finish her first sentence because, like a momma bear, I immediately knew when a honey-laced attack ttargets my kids. So she gave Kid II this hugely genuine smile, pretty much looking like she was going to say, "ya want candy ya little girl?" and instead she said:
            "Did you know that people can hear you all the way across the..."

Which is where I jumped in and shut her down: "Don't talk to my kid like that."

So she tried it on me, big artificial smile: "I wasn't talking to your kid like" and her voice dropped realizing I had called her on it: so softly she said "that."

Then I informed her she was cutting in line because there was another person behind me when she pretty much tried to insert her cart in my ass. I then had to position myself in front of my children to prevent her from making eye contact with them.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza

Moving on ...
              Same here....

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                Actually, MadAzza, I didn't give her a chance to finish her first sentence because, like a momma bear, I immediately knew when a honey-laced attack ttargets my kids. So she gave Kid II this hugely genuine smile, pretty much looking like she was going to say, "ya want candy ya little girl?" and instead she said:
                "Did you know that people can hear you all the way across the..."

Which is where I jumped in and shut her down: "Don't talk to my kid like that."

So she tried it on me, big artificial smile: "I wasn't talking to your kid like" and her voice dropped realizing I had called her on it: so softly she said "that."

Then I informed her she was cutting in line because there was another person behind me when she pretty much tried to insert her cart in my ass. I then had to position myself in front of my children to prevent her from making eye contact with them.
                Okay, more info, thanks. Well for me, I think you over-reacted a bit. I would have just ignored her instead of making a big scene. That's how I would have handled it ... since you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal

whatevah color these people are, they are all poison. I respond with:
                  (long response):
                  "eh. don't talk to my kids at ALL.
                  I discipline my children. YOU gotta problem with that, or them, take it up with me. Don't circumvent, then sullify impressionable minds. especially those of MY children."

or short response:
                  "No, no, no no, no, no no, no, no, no, NO."
                  while leading/pushing her away from your kids with your back.

Comment

Working...
                  X