Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I get for my dad on his 66th bday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I get for my dad on his 66th bday?

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    But no matter how many tools a man can have, we can never have too much especially if it's a cordless tool combo kit. I got three cordless drills from Ryobi, Black and Decker, and Skill. I love em all.
    Big boys and their toys...are power tools the male equivalent of shoes and handbags for the wahines?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang

Big boys and their toys...are power tools the male equivalent of shoes and handbags for the wahines?
      Without those "toys", the wahines would all be living in cardboard boxes.

Eh Craig...you haven't reached cordless drill nirvana until you get a Makita.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

And makes for a great gift too. Impact drivers are fast becoming the drill/driver of choice among craftsmen giving you the ability to drive Tapcon screws effortlessly thru concrete as opposed to standard drill/drivers. It also makes for easy drilling thru thick woodstock too.

But no matter how many tools a man can have, we can never have too much especially if it's a cordless tool combo kit. I got three cordless drills from Ryobi, Black and Decker, and Skill. I love em all.
        He has so many drills, that his 4 offsprings can use one when they get their own houses (or use them to fix up the houses).

If I need to give him a gift, it'll be a drill bit set, because we've (me and my younger brother) each broke atleast 3 drill bit while drilling into bricks and wood.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456

If I need to give him a gift, it'll be a drill bit set, because we've (me and my younger brother) each broke atleast 3 drill bit while drilling into bricks and wood.
          I'm thinking a better gift would be a locking toolbox to keep all the broke-anics out.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
            I'm thinking a better gift would be a locking toolbox to keep all the broke-anics out.
            Me and my siblings pitched in one year to buy him a truck toolbox, but we didn't think about the bars he has in it, so its in the back under some tiles, bags and other stuff (but that was before he got a second truck, but I guess he doesn't want to use it)

It'd be better if I can buy a GPS system where it could track all of his tools (or atleast make it identifiable and less prone to stealing)

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
              It'd be better if I can buy a GPS system where it could track all of his tools (or atleast make it identifiable and less prone to stealing)
              lol. Very funny. I would get something that has to do with fishing.
              backwoodlessons2

Comment

Oh, what a party! My Mom got drunk from those wines she bought, my Dad got reunited with all of his cousins (his only family left), everyone ate and talked story like it was no tomorrow, and everyone just had a good time.

Sure, we had a rough start in the beginning (we had some communication problems and forgot some stuff at home, so we had to rely on other people to bring in stuff like coolers and transportation; luckily Foodland was nearby, because me and my Mom stopped by to get some sodas, pastries/goodies, ice and other essential party items) but it smoothed out at the end.

My Dad was really surprised when his cousins came by and he took pictures with everyone at every table (luckily we got 2 cameras). The food was very plentiful and everyone didn't have enough room for cake at the end. But the biggest event of the evening, was when my Mom drank too much wine (on the bottle, it said it contained 7% alcohol). I was beginning to worry when she always had a cup full of wine, and I was worried when the party ended, but luckily, she upchucked it all out and got her senses back enough to pay for the party.

The hardache, stress in planning and hosting an event is worth it, because in the end, we enjoyed it. I've never seen my Dad so happy, enjoying an event with his family and friends.

Comment

That's very nice Adrian. The most important thing is your Dad enjoyed his Birthday Party! As for your Mom, next time keep the wine bottles away from her. Perhaps, at your Wedding someday.

So, what did you decide on the thank you cards? Nah, whatever you chose, I know you chose wisely. However, now that you have this as an experience, you won't need to much help from the forum. You've grown up.

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Congratulations! That was great that you pulled it off and everything worked out. For someone your age to take charge and do something like that for your parent is a wonderful thing. I'm sure you will come up with a suitable thank you card on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                      Without those "toys", the wahines would all be living in cardboard boxes.

Eh Craig...you haven't reached cordless drill nirvana until you get a Makita.
                      It's on the "Gotta Have" list. Especially since Makita is offering a 12vdc drill driver and impact driver for $199 including hard case!!!

Thats the same price as just the 12vdc impact driver itself that they sold before this combo came out.

Oh yeah...men without tools is like a day without sunshine Whether we use em or not
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                      X