Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "DIBS!!" and other forms of kid negotiations

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    I resisted putting in a video console in my Urban Assault Vehicle (family minivan) but eventually I succumbed when I also bought a standalone DVD recorder and recorded all the History channels' programming as well as Playhouse Disney's shows for toddlers. Both kinds of programming is educational to adults and toddlers (maybe not in that order )

Now nobody wants to sit upfront and the drives are pleasant. When we're watching Dora the Explorer, the kids watch (even the baby) and start reciting the counting and searching to our 2-year old. At 2 this toddler knows how to count to four already!

When I'm waiting for my kid to finish soccer practice I can kick back and watch Electra in the backseat.

As long as you control what's playing, having an onboard DVD player is a blessed thing to have. And when you live on the Big Island those long drives from Hilo to Kona is really not that bad after all!
    Seriously, I mahalo the suggestion...did I mention before my kids' ages? I can only imagine the beefs would run parallel to the scrapping content involving our dvd at home...running away and joining a circus to find a little peace and quiet seems reasonable at times.

Mahalo everyone.

pax

Comment

Working...
    X