Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parents today...

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    Thank you Craig! That's exactly what I thought too. Teaching a one year old is too young in my books. I know I should butt out in how they intend to raise Antonio...however, I am the one watching him Full time, M-F from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. sometimes a bit later. Most weekends too. Of course for LOVE!

I believe I have a right in this.

Autnie Lynn
    Auntie too each there own...

My son is only 18 months... he was off the bottle at/about 9 months (using the sippy cup) He still on occassion wants Mommy's Nene...but he wont even touch a bottle now.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      Auntie too each there own...
      manoasurfer123, You are absolutely right! It's about time ~ I make my own schedule of doing things too. I'm gonna travel more!!!!!

My days of taking care of babies are ova!

...well, until I cool down.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

no, manoa... the proper phrase goes;

"also each their own"

Comment

Many parents seem to speak to their children with anger instead of authority in order to control the situation. I feel that it only causes more rebellion in the long run and even less control.
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Hey! Antonio didn't complain this morning! Took his "Sippy" Cup like a Champ and is going about his daily routine!

...he's happy. I'm happy. Everybody's happy!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

So glad to hear that 1st Wahine!

When my daughter was just under 2 years old I was potty training her (yeah I was the main parent at the time, but that's another thread!) and she peed in her little potty so I started dancing around the bathroom then she stood up to dance with me while still peeing. What a laugh that was. We used cloth diapers and kept the clean ones in a garbage bag, well one day the garbage truck was passing our place in Berkeley and I accidentally threw them all away. When I discovered what I did, I explained it to Jasmine and she took it well. Only a couple of mistakes and that was it. So figuring that I stumbled upon the answer, I did the "same" to her bottle and of course she gave me THAT look, but again took it well. Hope I didn't mess her up too badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                So glad to hear that 1st Wahine!

When my daughter was just under 2 years old I was potty training her (yeah I was the main parent at the time, but that's another thread!) and she peed in her little potty so I started dancing around the bathroom then she stood up to dance with me while still peeing. What a laugh that was. We used cloth diapers and kept the clean ones in a garbage bag, well one day the garbage truck was passing our place in Berkeley and I accidentally threw them all away. When I discovered what I did, I explained it to Jasmine and she took it well. Only a couple of mistakes and that was it. So figuring that I stumbled upon the answer, I did the "same" to her bottle and of course she gave me THAT look, but again took it well. Hope I didn't mess her up too badly.
                ...such a loving and cute story, Menehune Man!(chuckles) However, Boy's are quite different! I get "peeed" in the face all the time from Antonio when I change his diapers! Naughty Baby Boy ~ my precious grandson!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Awww Auntie, I'm happy Antonio is doing good without a bottle now!

Both of my boys were mostly on sippy cups by 10 months and totally off the bottle by 12 months. Then they were off of sippy cups by 3. It happened very easily for us, so easy that I have no clue how I'm gonna go about things with the baby on the way if it's not the same. But every child is different so I will just hope he's as simple with the no bottle by 12 months thing.

And hey if this is also the show of the keiki thread here are my two...

Ok, the pictures are done. Just a proud mama of two great little guys!
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Lei, Goodlooking children just like their parents!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

My Mother was in the Hospital for a bit with pneumonia. She's fine and yesterday she was released and I brought her (to her) home. She reminisced about the past and told me she was sorry for having been sooo hard on my brother and me. I responded with "That's okay Mom, you did us right, look how we turned out." I never got away with anything (much) growing up and was on the receiving end of some pretty serious whippings. I think my Mom is truly psychic because she 'just knew' things that she really shouldn't have. You know? Anyways I don't try to get away with anything that I could get into real trouble because I feel I'll just get caught and punished. So I'm glad that my Mom was sooo hard on me. Thanks Mom!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                        My Mother was in the Hospital for a bit with pneumonia. She's fine and yesterday she was released and I brought her (to her) home. She reminisced about the past and told me she was sorry for having been sooo hard on my brother and me. I responded with "That's okay Mom, you did us right, look how we turned out." I never got away with anything (much) growing up and was on the receiving end of some pretty serious whippings. I think my Mom is truly psychic because she 'just knew' things that she really shouldn't have. You know? Anyways I don't try to get away with anything that I could get into real trouble because I feel I'll just get caught and punished. So I'm glad that my Mom was sooo hard on me. Thanks Mom!
                        Awwww... Your post made me cry. My MAMA also had a bout with PNEUMONIA with complications last month and was hospitalized. It's when things like that occur ~ we realize how lucky we are. Mahalo, for making me appreciate her even more today and everyday that I have her.

I, too am glad that she was "hard" on me!

...just gave her an unexpected honi honi. She told me, "You pUpuLE!" hahahaha

I love you Mommy!

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; February 15, 2006, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X